Tremor Amber Grille lighting

Cblaxx19

Tremor of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
‘21 Leadfoot Grey 402A Tremor
Web store is live for pre orders.

Install instructions: https://www.f150tremor.com/threads/tremor-amber-grille-lighting.1290/post-35524

Hey everyone, I’ve been meaning to create my own thread rather than burying updates in the “tremor specific accent lighting” thread.

When I first saw the tremor’s orange grille stripes, I immediately thought they would look awesome as accent lighting. So I set out to make it happen and this was the result:
B9472053-798A-435C-95CA-6704BE976D0A.jpeg

D51C4ECC-B8E2-4B5C-844A-53BA5210FF5C.jpeg

I’ve been busy working on making my design something that I’m willing to provide to people. My current design, although effective, is rather rough around the edges.

I spent some time actually modeling a design, 3D printing it myself before ordering full size prints for fitment check. Seen here:
997C8392-5CE1-4974-B025-34EAA3B18EF4.jpeg

3AB91EA8-D132-4F5A-8E1A-EBE659A3DA8B.jpeg

132E2D05-F99A-4438-BAA4-3FBF3BCF3343.jpeg

As you may notice, my newer design incorporates the same snap tabs to attach the strips to the grille that the trim pieces use.

I’ve also been working out the best lighting system and how to diffuse the light appropriately. So currently, I’m working with a supplier on a custom light strip that should provide a much more even light and also can function as a turn signal with sequential functionality(chasing lights in direction of turn).

At this point, I’m waiting on the first batch of production housings and the custom light strips to come in before sending the first few units out to some folks who have agreed to be beta testers. I’m hoping to do this by the end of august but it depends on how long it takes to get parts in hand.

Feel free to post any questions or comments and I’ll respond as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Saw this on instagram. Really cool. I'd be down for sure.

I in - if you need a Tampa located beta tester, I’m your man..;)

Fun stuff! That must have been a pain to slice/print. if you can get enough interest (obviously more than just Tremor jockeys), clean up the design and have it injection/vacuum molded for durability, fit and finish. Setup costs can get ugly but once that's done, $$$
I still have yet to bust out my 3D scanner. if I get time to monkey with it this week, I'll send the STEP to you.

Fun stuff! That must have been a pain to slice/print. if you can get enough interest (obviously more than just Tremor jockeys), clean up the design and have it injection/vacuum molded for durability, fit and finish. Setup costs can get ugly but once that's done, $$$
I still have yet to bust out my 3D scanner. if I get time to monkey with it this week, I'll send the STEP to you.
Yea, my printer is small so for the first print I broke the file into ~3” segments just the make sure I was in the ballpark.

I got some quotes for injection molding and the up front tooling cost is pretty prohibitive since I don’t really know how popular this will be. So for now I’m urethane casting the housings.

Apparently the housing shipped today so I should have them in a week. I’m excited to see how they look!

Can’t wait to see final product! I’m in for sure!

Hey everyone, I’ve been meaning to create my own thread rather than burying updates in the “tremor specific accent lighting” thread.

When I first saw the tremor’s orange grille stripes, I immediately thought they would look awesome as accent lighting. So I set out to make it happen and this was the result:
View attachment 5663
View attachment 5664

I’ve been busy working on making my design something that I’m willing to provide to people. My current design, although effective, is rather rough around the edges.

I spent some time actually modeling a design, 3D printing it myself before ordering full size prints for fitment check. Seen here:
View attachment 5660
View attachment 5661
View attachment 5662

As you may notice, my newer design incorporates the same snap tabs to attach the strips to the grille that the trim pieces use.

I’ve also been working out the best lighting system and how to diffuse the light appropriately. So currently, I’m working with a supplier on a custom light strip that should provide a much more even light and also can function as a turn signal with sequential functionality(chasing lights in direction of turn).

At this point, I’m waiting on the first batch of production housings and the custom light strips to come in before sending the first few units out to some folks who have agreed to be beta testers. I’m hoping to do this by the end of august but it depends on how long it takes to get parts in hand.

Feel free to post any questions or comments and I’ll respond as soon as possible.
A+ for innovation, well done. If this is a direct replacement with same snap attachments that's a winner to me and I would order one.

Do you have an estimated sell to customer price range at this time?

Love the idea and the look. Please keep us updated!

A+ for innovation, well done. If this is a direct replacement with same snap attachments that's a winner to me and I would order one.

Do you have an estimated sell to customer price range at this time?
I don’t have a final Price at the moment but based on the costs of the parts so far, it will likely be a couple hundred dollars for the whole kit. I’m trying to keep costs as low as I can, and order quantities play a big role in that. So far I’ve just been dealing in small batch numbers so I will have to see how things turn out once I move to larger order quantities.

New Topics

Back