2023 now or wait for 2024?

traymore

Reaction score
I can get a brand new one on the lot now for $7000 below MSRP, 67K instead of 74K and has what I want (high package, Torsen..,).
Or I can order with my dealer at Invoice or Granger at 4% below invoice a 2024. But because of price increase and high package includes more stuff, that’s 77K MSRP. 71-72 at invoice, and probably about 69 with Granger.

What would you guys do?
Pros of 23: I drive a Tremor tomorrow, I can sell my current vehicle maybe a little more now than in 8 months, it has better led front lights
Pros of 24: I get the new bumper that I really like and a few things I don’t care (HUD) and for only $2K more with Granger it’s going to have better resale value ( because 1 year newer and higher MSRP value due more equipment included in the high package).

It just bothers me that I am getting about 2% under invoice for a 23 when you can order a 24 custom for 4% under invoice.

I would have told you to get the 2023 because the 2024 is ugly. But after seeing this video with the headlights on the '24 Tremor (on 402a package?) I would now say 2024 if you're in no hurry.
I hope to retrofit that new modular bumper into my '23

I would have told you to get the 2023 because the 2024 is ugly. But after seeing this video with the headlights on the '24 Tremor (on 402a package?) I would now say 2024 if you're in no hurry.
I hope to retrofit that new modular bumper into my '23

Wow! I was not aware at all that the 402a 2024 did have those headlights. Most people including me thought that whatever Ford showed during the reveal (reflector low end type of headlights) was what you would get.
Was this discussed here on the forum?

What surprises me is it is still in Camo. How can it be? The Tremor 2024 was revealed months ago. Why would they drive it in camo 10 days ago? Could it be in fact the 2025 model?
2nd issue: the officially revealed 2024 Tremor was, in fact, a high package 402a as seen in the link below because it has leather seats and options only available with 402a:
3rd issue: build and price say reflective head light even with 402a. No led projectors.

So really it seems Ford revealed the Tremor with a 402 with the low end head lights. Then people complained, then they are now addressing it and it will be a later availability. Or that explains why the Tremor Ordering is late. Or its a new future trim or 2025, who knows.

Anyway, if this is indeed the 24’ Tremor 402A, it removes a big issue I had with it (headlights).

Last edited:
I've got the same dilemma. Unlike many, I like the look of the '24. However, I am a pretty impatient person so waiting for the order book to open up is driving me crazy. The discount on the '23 models are insufficient, in my view, to cover the fact that the truck is technically a year old and therefore has depreciated in value significantly. (and yes, I understand that a '24 purchased mid-year will drop considerably in value the instant it is driven from the lot)

So, I've decided to wait and get a '24.

I've got the same dilemma. Unlike many, I like the look of the '24. However, I am a pretty impatient person so waiting for the order book to open up is driving me crazy. The discount on the '23 models are insufficient, in my view, to cover the fact that the truck is technically a year old and therefore has depreciated in value significantly. (and yes, I understand that a '24 purchased mid-year will drop considerably in value the instant it is driven from the lot)

Yes, except that Granger quoted 6-9 months lead time, and it was supposed to open weeks ago. Now they are saying february. So by the time we receive our 2024 in November 2024, the 2025 will be on the lot 3 months later in January. So essentially we will face the same issue: pay for a 1 year old truck. Except if you consider that the 2024 being a refresh design year it will hold value more. But by the look of it a lot of people prefer the 2023 look so idk.

If we could buy a 2024 in 1-2 months I think this would settle the debate.

To say that a new “2023“ TREMOR has depreciated in value significantly just to convince yourself to purchase a 2024 TREMOR is a bit of a stretch.

Good luck on your 2024 purchase.

I vote for the 23 now since all we can do is speculate when/if the 24+ Tremor will get the better looking grill/headlights. No way I would buy one with the XL reflector headlights.

The Ford site states specifically for the Tremor "Late Availability" and considering that "regular" MY24 builds should have been available to build by September of last year, and still are not rolling off the line (I actually don't know if this is true, but the ford site is showing "preview" build for any 2024 F150 still), my guess is folks will be waiting a long time for a 24' Tremor.
In addition, the way they are packaging the 402a, adding Torsen, unleashed, 2kW power and adding a HUD etc., I mean if you want / need those that's great, but the MSRP is now $77K for the 402a, as opposed to $71.5K for a 23'.
I do like the grill better on the 24' though.

Last edited:
I can get a brand new one on the lot now for $7000 below MSRP, 67K instead of 74K and has what I want (high package, Torsen..,).
Or I can order with my dealer at Invoice or Granger at 4% below invoice a 2024. But because of price increase and high package includes more stuff, that’s 77K MSRP. 71-72 at invoice, and probably about 69 with Granger.

What would you guys do?
Pros of 23: I drive a Tremor tomorrow, I can sell my current vehicle maybe a little more now than in 8 months, it has better led front lights
Pros of 24: I get the new bumper that I really like and a few things I don’t care (HUD) and for only $2K more with Granger it’s going to have better resale value ( because 1 year newer and higher MSRP value due more equipment included in the high package).

It just bothers me that I am getting about 2% under invoice for a 23 when you can order a 24 custom for 4% under invoice.
You can probably get more $ off a 2023 if you push or shop around. My 2023 tremor 402a MSRP was $72k and I got it for $64k ($8k under MSRP.) This was back in October.

my ‘23 has the 75 year badges on it which are kind cool.

I was in the same situation. But ultimately decided to go for a 2023 and happy I did. Bumpers can be swapped and let’s be honest most of us change a few things anyways. If your worried about resale your already thinking about selling something you haven’t even bought! It’s like being on a hamster wheel because the 25 will have better resale than a 24 and you’ll get the 24 at the end of the year so why not wait 3 more months for a 25? So I would say go with what you like more and don’t worry about the rest. The money you’re saving on a 23 you can buy a bumper and still have money left. Plus you’ll already be out there enjoying the truck, instead of waiting. Grill, headlights, front bumper and HUD are the only noted changes. I’m very happy with my 23 and plan on getting a factory 24 bumper for it but painting it to match. Best of all worlds for me. I’m out here enjoying life and the truck. Only regret is not getting one sooner.
962EA89F-15A4-4B14-BABA-86B0512AB433.jpeg

my ‘23 has the 75 year badges on it which are kind cool.
One of my favorite things about my 23 as well. The 75 on the radio splash and windshield.

One of my favorite things about my 23 as well. The 75 on the radio splash and windshield.
There are rumors that as the 24s come out (Year 76) the "75 years" on the screen during boot will go away. I hope not as I, too, really like it.

As regards the 2023 v 2024, I'm glad I got a 402A 2023. There are a few styling cues on the 1024 that I'm not liking. But to each his/her own.

Reactions: SP1
There are rumors that as the 24s come out (Year 76) the "75 years" on the screen during boot will go away. I hope not as I, too, really like it.

As regards the 2023 v 2024, I'm glad I got a 402A 2023. There are a few styling cues on the 1024 that I'm not liking. But to each his/her own.
I like the front bumper and tailgate but not enough to wait 9+ months and pay more for it. I’m perfectly happy with the 23. Anything I want to improve or change I can myself.

Anyone with a 21+ can enable/disable that startup screen with Forscan as they see fit

You can probably get more $ off a 2023 if you push or shop around. My 2023 tremor 402a MSRP was $72k and I got it for $64k ($8k under MSRP.) This was back in October.
Unfortunately it’s not the case anymore. By year end there was enormous inventory nationwide so deep discounts. But starting in early January most dealers in my area started to rise the price again on Tremors because inventory is close to 0 AND the 2024 Tremor is delayed. So people who want to buy a Tremor won’t be able to soon. So price is going way up right now. Almost back to MSRP. I think my dealer would honor what I said but that’s the best case scenario. I missed 9500 off end of December a price my dealer won’t honor anymore, when they had 15 tremor on the lot.

I have a 23 and been driving it since March of last year. If I was buying right now I’d want a ‘24. Nothing wrong with the 23 but the fresh bumpers look sweet.

New Topics

Back