FTLBS

Founding Member
Tremor of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 F-150 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Expedition Limited
I just ordered my 2022 Tremor yesterday. I had originally ordered a 2021 Lead Foot Tremor, but had to roll my order to 2022 and pick a different color. I went with Atlas Blue, but its been a tough color to settle on since there are no photos of a 2022 F150 painted in Atlas Blue. Atlas Blue looks to be very similar to Lightning Blue which is a color that was available on the F150 up until 2019. I thought I'd post this info to see if I can get some feedback and I also hope this can help others that are trying to make the same decision I've had to make.

567d8a37-ff0e-4f2f-bfcc-f4ac5f36d8f5-jpeg.507

ATLAS BLUE (Explorer) vs VELOCITY BLUE (Super Duty)

Attachments

• 567D8A37-FF0E-4F2F-BFCC-F4AC5F36D8F5.jpeg
    567D8A37-FF0E-4F2F-BFCC-F4AC5F36D8F5.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 25,642
Last edited:
I just ordered my 2022 Tremor yesterday. I had originally ordered a 2021 Lead Foot Tremor, but had to roll my order to 2022 and pick a different color. I went with Atlas Blue, but its been a tough color to settle on since there are no photos of a 2022 F150 painted in Atlas Blue. Atlas Blue looks to be very similar to Lightning Blue which is a color that was available on the F150 up until 2019. I thought I'd post this info to see if I can get some feedback and I also hope this can help others that are trying to make the same decision I've had to make.

80e83ea0-750d-471e-9e0a-1aff4974c471-jpeg.508

2021 F150 TREMOR - Velocity Blue

View attachment 509
LIGHTNING BLUE - 2021 Ford Bronco, First Edition

View attachment 506
BLUE PAINT OPTIONS FOR THE 2021 BRONCO - Velocity Blue, Lightning Blue, Antimatter Blue, Area 51

80e83ea0-750d-471e-9e0a-1aff4974c471-jpeg.508

2021 F150 TREMOR - Velocity Blue

View attachment 509
LIGHTNING BLUE - 2021 Ford Bronco, First Edition

View attachment 506
BLUE PAINT OPTIONS FOR THE 2021 BRONCO - Velocity Blue, Lightning Blue, Antimatter Blue, Area 51
I'm sorry you are having to pick another color. It's hard to settle on something, be at peace w/the decision then have to start over again. For what it's worth, I looked at an Atlas Blue Explorer in person, since it was going to be an available 2022 Tremor color. I found the color to be interesting, but it's not my cup of tea. The turn off for me was the purple hues that seem to be pretty dominant at certain angles and in certain light. Good luck on your decision, and I hope you end up with a color you are very happy with...

I'm sorry you are having to pick another color. It's hard to settle on something, be at peace w/the decision then have to start over again. For what it's worth, I looked at an Atlas Blue Explorer in person, since it was going to be an available 2022 Tremor color. I found the color to be interesting, but it's not my cup of tea. The turn off for me was the purple hues that seem to be pretty dominant at certain angles and in certain light. Good luck on your decision, and I hope you end up with a color you are very happy with...
Thanks for the info. That’s a little discouraging. I’ll have to track down an Atlas Blue vehicle to see for myself. Has anyone else noticed the purple hues in Atlas Blue? This could definitely lead me to look at a different color if this is true.

I also ordered a 2022 in atlas blue but i didn't notice the purple hue on the explorer that i checked out on the lot.i will have to take a look again i guess

Just watched a few different YouTube videos showing Explorers and Super Dutys in Atlas Blue. LOVE IT! I still need to see the color in person though. Here’s one of the videos:

If I had to chose, I would have gone with either Atlas Blue or AMB. The other blues are a bit too bright for my tastes

If I had to chose, I would have gone with either Atlas Blue or AMB. The other blues are a bit too bright for my tastes
Agreed, but this is where I’m stuck. Deciding between the two colors has not been easy. Atlas looks to be a beautiful color and I like that is not as bright as Velocity was. I ordered Atlas because it will be easier to maintain and will hide scratches better than AMB, but to me AMB looks more classy and goes great with the orange. I don’t know…

Agreed, but this is where I’m stuck. Deciding between the two colors has not been easy. Atlas looks to be a beautiful color and I like that is not as bright as Velocity was. I ordered Atlas because it will be easier to maintain and will hide scratches better than AMB, but to me AMB looks more classy and goes great with the orange. I don’t know…
Yeah, I know my use creates pinstripes which is the only reason I didn't order AMB. Basically I like the color too much. For the 2022, I would get Atlas Blue because I like it and it'll hide more pinstripes

Went to a local Ford dealer today and I was able to look at some full page paint samples of the various blue colors that Ford offers. We were able to compare the following blue colors: Atlas, Antimatter, Velocity, Ford Performance, and Lightning. I brought my wife and my 12yo son with me to get their opinions on the color. All 4 of us (salesman included) agreed that we couldn't see any purple hues in the Atlas Blue (not in the sun or in the shade). Looks like a great color! Of all the colors, Atlas seemed most similar to Lightning Blue, but maybe slightly darker and has little more metal flake in it than Lightning.

For now, I'm sticking with Atlas Blue. Thanks for the help!

Edited this photo of an Atlas Blue Super Duty to try and get an idea of what an F-150 Tremor will look like in this same color. I still go back and forth between Atlas Blue and Antimatter Blue (though I'm not sure Ford would even allow me to change my order).

9CAE677E-A1A5-401A-91D6-24C85B71D0BC.jpeg

it looks good to me in person on explorer and in pictures on SD but I do want to see it in person. I too was between AMB and atlas and ordered atlas

on another forum someone in the factory said that it looked great on a tremor F150 a week or so ago so hopefully we see it soon. anyone on here that orders one please post when it comes in.

it looks good to me in person on explorer and in pictures on SD but I do want to see it in person. I too was between AMB and atlas and ordered atlas

on another forum someone in the factory said that it looked great on a tremor F150 a week or so ago so hopefully we see it soon. anyone on here that orders one please post when it comes in.
I was almost hoping to get pushed to 22MY so I could order Atlas Blue. If it were a little deeper base, it would match my motorcycles, perfectly.

I was almost hoping to get pushed to 22MY so I could order Atlas Blue. If it were a little deeper base, it would match my motorcycles, perfectly.
20210911_154047290_iOS.jpg

I would need either a dark red or carbon fiber to match my bike...and the Tremor does not come in red or carbon fiber... So, I ordered Atlas Blue, because it looked really nice on the Explorer that I saw it on.

wow, that is a nice motorcycle....could never drive one around here in NJ (too congested)

wow, that is a nice motorcycle....could never drive one around here in NJ (too congested)
I am always thankful that I learned to ride a bike in Tampa, FL. There is nowhere on earth (except maybe Rome) more dangerous to ride. If you live through the experience, you're set.

A 2022 F-150 Tremor in Atlas Blue. Found these images on another forum. I like it! Can’t wait to get mine next week (hopefully).

704DA5DB-3A6C-4818-A5D1-181FA8012849.jpeg

EBAE3F88-4E82-4D70-A160-B1BD45C7506F.jpeg

F460B9B5-1600-4748-8C20-CEE03231E8DF.jpeg

F90CCCD6-88DE-4718-94F8-3A84863FD087.jpeg

00F01F24-0699-4C79-8EB7-0DDE76589ADE.jpeg

Last edited:
what forum and did they have higher res. Looks really good, even under the florescent lights
Photos are from the F150gen14 forum. I’m anxious to see more pics of this truck in the daylight and the shade.

New Topics

Back