Aux switch wiring?

Stice1

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Chevrolet Silverado
Is there a wiring diagram for the aux switches? I have seen a video on the new Bronco, they have wire pre run to the fuse box and several other places ( back bumper, A pillar, etc. ). As I await delivery and plan mods, I am curious if the Tremor is the same.

Looking forward to this. I was thinking it was just to the box but if there are power points already in place, I'll be ecstatic

Is there a wiring diagram for the aux switches? I have seen a video on the new Bronco, they have wire pre run to the fuse box and several other places ( back bumper, A pillar, etc. ). As I await delivery and plan mods, I am curious if the Tremor is the same.
Is this helpful?

4822E293-4AE0-4314-9750-089D9070C1DC.jpeg
1E97B883-B307-48C9-9D77-E1456E6C2F6B.jpeg

AE95E9B7-3721-415D-9206-4EE51E6CD1A2.jpeg

Perfect! Thanks!

So everything is run to the fuse box which is sufficient. It would be nice if wires were pre-run several places like the bronco. But I don’t mind running wire, and still have not decided what I will use the switches for.

Some initial ideas are light bar behind grill and recessed floods in rear bumper.

Anyone else have plans or ideas for the aux switches?

Perfect! Thanks!

So everything is run to the fuse box which is sufficient. It would be nice if wires were pre-run several places like the bronco. But I don’t mind running wire, and still have not decided what I will use the switches for.

Some initial ideas are light bar behind grill and recessed floods in rear bumper.

Lights when I get to that phase of the build — most likely the same time as the bumpers.

Thank you much for the diagram. Now I need to find a flush nice fitting front led bar and start thinking on what to use the switches for. Can’t let them go to waste lol

Came across this post about making a custom upfitter harness:

1633958867654.jpeg

Last edited:
Perfect! Thanks!

I put flush mount Baja Designs S1's in my rear bumper. If I had to do it over, I'd probably just do the undermount kit instead. It was a lot more labor and when I was thinking about selling my truck it also meant letting the lights go to keep the holes filled. I don't recommend a "scene" lens. The "wide cornering" lens provides a better spread.

These are what I was planning on doing with the Tremor:

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Ford-F150-Fog-Pocket-Kits.asp - Amber SAE wired to the factory fog light switch and white-off-road wired to AUX.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Ford-F150-15-20-S2-Reverse-Kits.asp - Wired to AUX switch.

Those are nice and I do like the amber blended in for sure. ADD has some options with the BD lights included. Although, I am hoping to see something more Tremor specific from them — hoping is the key word here, I think it will be pretty much F-150 package.

Those are nice and I do like the amber blended in for sure. ADD has some options with the BD lights included. Although, I am hoping to see something more Tremor specific from them — hoping is the key word here, I think it will be pretty much F-150 package.
I have the ambers now and love them! Just used them on my drive into work.

That's slick! Probably overkill for what I will do, but very nice!
I agree, I want to make one also. I learned from the thread that soldering is inferior to crimping wires in automotive — I guess engine bay heat can break down the solder joint over time.

I agree, I want to make one also. I learned from the thread that soldering is inferior to crimping wires in automotive — I guess engine bay heat can break down the solder joint over time.
Plus flex and vibration. Crimps are better 90% of the time

What about solder and shrink tube?

What about solder and shrink tube?
Nope. But crimp and shrink tube is good.

Ultimately, I'll be making a full harness with waterproof disconnects and Anderson connectors for my 12V.

I'll post the plugs I decide to use.

New Topics

Back