Back up alarm noise changed?

metallikatz3

Founding Member
Reaction score
ok, I may be loosing my mind, but I swear my back up alarm noise changed. Normally it's a pleasant beep/tone coming from what I assume is the rear speakers. This morning it seems to be coming from by my knees somewhere and is very annoying tone.

Has this happened to anyone else and how do I change it back to the way it was?

I believe the tone in the cab changes toward which sensor(s) are being triggered (the threat), IE front right, left rear, rear, to draw you attention in that direction. Maybe that is what you experienced? I back mine into a very tight garage, when I back in, the rear goes crazy (I turn that shit off) when I pull out, the right front goes nuts because that's where the "threat" is, the tones in the cab seem to follow the direction of the threat, pretty cool.... lol. Hope this helps.

Also possible you have a slightly low battery. My tone changes when the battery is a bit low (door ajar, parking sensors, etc). Backup is the worst, it basically screams at me.

ok, I may be loosing my mind, but I swear my back up alarm noise changed. Normally it's a pleasant beep/tone coming from what I assume is the rear speakers. This morning it seems to be coming from by my knees somewhere and is very annoying tone.

Has this happened to anyone else and how do I change it back to the way it was?
I experienced the same thing!

System glitch.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes back to what you’re used to hearing.

I believe the tone in the cab changes toward which sensor(s) are being triggered (the threat), IE front right, left rear, rear, to draw you attention in that direction. Maybe that is what you experienced? I back mine into a very tight garage, when I back in, the rear goes crazy (I turn that shit off) when I pull out, the right front goes nuts because that's where the "threat" is, the tones in the cab seem to follow the direction of the threat, pretty cool.... lol. Hope this helps.
Exactly why I disabled it altogether via forscan, yep. Drove me crazy in less than a week.

Yup mine is back to normal now... super weird. My gauge cluster also reset yesterday so something happened in the computer system

Yeah, maybe an update. glad its good now!

Old school door chime, reverse sensors, etc. coming from the dash area rather than the speakers is a sign of a low battery. Had mine replaced under warranty and haven't had the issue. Sometimes after an update it will do that but after a short drive there's enough charge to reset the chime sounds on the next start up.

New Topics

Back