Black lug nuts

CharlieB

Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 f150 tremor
Tremor has chrome lug nuts with black wheels??? What's up with that?..any recommendations on replacement black lug nuts?

I did notice on Ford accessories website they had black replacement nuts for $165

I’m going with the Gorilla lug nuts in black when my Tremor shows up.

Lug nuts
Just ordered these, thanks for the link. Ford should've included them black instead of charging me $165 for what should've already been there after also removing a bunch of shit from my '22 without saying anything or giving me a credit.

I went with the Gorilla black lugs. I’ve been running them for a few months, no issues at all. One piece.

So are these black ones the kind with the outer shell or all one entire piece? Heard stock nuts on Fords are frequently known to "swell" (queue the jokes) 😁
I have a 2013 F150 and the lug wrench provided in the Jack kit no longer works. I had to go buy a four way tire iron.

I’m going with the Gorilla lug nuts in black when my Tremor shows up.

Lug nuts

Also placed order but had to go through a Just for Jeeps website lol. Couldn't find anybody to ship to Hawaii except them. Check the part # so should OK hopefully. Thanks for the link.

So are these black ones the kind with the outer shell or all one entire piece? Heard stock nuts on Fords are frequently known to "swell" (queue the jokes) 😁
I have a 2013 F150 and yes- the stock lug nuts swell. I found out the hard way- went to do the rear brakes. Still haven't gotten one lug nut off of the drivers rear (was able to change the pads with wheel still on). My step father is buying my truck once the Tremor delivers- so I need to rectify! I welded a nut onto the rusted lug (4 tries) and did nothing but melt part of of my rim... next step is to drill it out and replace the stud. :mad: DEFINITELY GO WITH SOLID LUG NUTS!!!

Guess Ford figured there was some chrome on it anyway, so why not the Lugs too.

Just ordered these, thanks for the link. Ford should've included them black instead of charging me $165 for what should've already been there after also removing a bunch of shit from my '22 without saying anything or giving me a credit.
Just out of curiosity, what got deleted from your truck?

The '22s lost ambient lighting in the cupholders, the phone spot, and LED license plate lights. The LED tag lights are my big pet peeve because the halogens look so bad.

Replacing them is easy but it'd annoying to pay for that on a 70k truck that should have it. The ambient cup holder lighting is a bit of a hassle to install and a couple hundred bucks also.

Are the Gorilla lug nuts locking?
They have a spline drive and you need the specific tool to remove them. The spline drive is more common than a locking lug nut tool but less common than a hex socket. So I’d call them a little more theft resistant than a standard hex nut.

Don't get me started on that, what a joke. My 2018 had the lug nuts replaced 3 times. My wife's 2016 Edge had them replaced twice so far. There was a class action lawsuit brought against Ford for it and was shut down in court.

I didn't even realize my lugs were chrome but now I have to change them due to this thread.
I know nothing of these gorilla spined lugs, do i need to get a tool for side of the road changes?

What style did you'all order?
1641329738332.png

I didn't even realize my lugs were chrome but now I have to change them due to this thread.
I know nothing of these gorilla spined lugs, do i need to get a tool for side of the road changes?

View attachment 1366
Closed end regular, ET is too long imo. I don't like open end.

View attachment 1366
Once you get them on, could you snap a pic for us? Thanks!

Reactions: ETN

New Topics

Back