Buzz or Vibration in Pedal

Test driving a Tremor tomorrow, I too would like to hear the fix. What is TSB?

UPDATE! Read a ton on forums and came across issues with a raptor… So for $12 what the heck. Used JB weld around clamps connecting exhaust and where resonator meets cats, has two bolts connecting, and the buzz/vibration is 95% gone. I have done after market exhausts before with clamps and had this issue and had a shop weld up… All I really feel now is road feedback which I have no issues with. Anyways now a little more pleasurable to drive.
Hi buddy, any way you could take a photo of the fix? Thank you

Maybe I missed it but what was the fix? My Tremor went to the shop today for this issue.
TSB 22-2224 fixed the problem that pissed me off for 9 months within 30min.

Did your truck have the shudder?
Yes, the problem was the transmission having faulty programming and holding higher gears when it should be in a lower gear. It’s like us trying to ride a bike in high gear and struggling to peddle. The TCM reprogram solved the problem and improved my gas mileage.

Yes, the problem was the transmission having faulty programming and holding higher gears when it should be in a lower gear. It’s like us trying to ride a bike in high gear and struggling to peddle. The TCM reprogram solved the problem and improved my gas mileage.
Thats the issue is mine does not have a shudder and tranny is smooth as butter. I think we may be talking about two different issues.

Conduct a test. Replicate the vibration if you can at 35-45mph with very light throttle acceleration. Then try it at 70-75mph and again, very light throttle acceleration. If it’s vibrating your peddle and holding high gear when it should be dropping 2-3 gears, then you have the problem.

I can tell you I have put it on cruise and light acceleration, not sure what gear at around 70 mph and I can feel vibration through both the gas and brake pedal and slightly through the steering wheel. Annoying AF. It's been in the shop since Monday and I don't think they have even looked at it yet.

Update: dealer called and tech thinks rear diff is bad. Hope I understood him correctly. The shop Foreman is out all week, so I get to pick up my truck and bring it back to them following Monday. At least they are taking it seriously, but frustrating for a truck with only 500 miles on it. Only drove it one week before it went in the shop.

Update: dealer called and tech thinks rear diff is bad. Hope I understood him correctly. The shop Foreman is out all week, so I get to pick up my truck and bring it back to them following Monday. At least they are taking it seriously, but frustrating for a truck with only 500 miles on it. Only drove it one week before it went in the shop.
Wow that's crazy!! Keep us informed for sure. I did take mine in, and they are not blowing me off I went for a drive with them and they want me to leave it there for a day or two so they can test. I got to speak to three technicians back there and brainstorm on the few issues. So I feel special......for now lol. Let me know if you hear any more! My vibration starts at about 50mph and is there till 70 or so where hwy takes over. It's a harmonic vibration that basically comes and goes.....and they felt it in the radio knobs that I pointed out. I told them not to just throw parts at it and the tech that will be working on it seems to be methodical on his tshooting so that's good.

Wow that's crazy!! Keep us informed for sure. I did take mine in, and they are not blowing me off I went for a drive with them and they want me to leave it there for a day or two so they can test. I got to speak to three technicians back there and brainstorm on the few issues. So I feel special......for now lol. Let me know if you hear any more! My vibration starts at about 50mph and is there till 70 or so where hwy takes over. It's a harmonic vibration that basically comes and goes.....and they felt it in the radio knobs that I pointed out. I told them not to just throw parts at it and the tech that will be working on it seems to be methodical on his tshooting so that's good.
My service advisor has been great and the tech actually gives a chit. I noticed today mine starts as low as 8 mph to 43 mph under very light acceleration. Getting on it really drowns it out, which tells me it's not tires, wheels or suspension. I'd have to agree it's driveline or torsen related. Pair that with rough vibration at idle .5 to .7 rpms I'm a bit optimistic they can get this fixed. If not I'll start the buyback process and find something else. Not gonna stress about it. I did open a case with ford and so far they've been very responsive. Maybe just got a bad one.

UPDATE! Read a ton on forums and came across issues with a raptor… So for $12 what the heck. Used JB weld around clamps connecting exhaust and where resonator meets cats, has two bolts connecting, and the buzz/vibration is 95% gone. I have done after market exhausts before with clamps and had this issue and had a shop weld up… All I really feel now is road feedback which I have no issues with. Anyways now a little more pleasurable to drive.
Do you mind sharing a photo and link to your fix please?

New Topics

Back