Ceramic - worth it?

Zook

Reaction score
Current Ride
23 Tremor 5.0
Howdy,

Was wondering if anyone on here has ceramic coated their truck? I wanted to know your thoughts an opinion on if it it’s worth it or not? I’m on the fence about it.

Save the cash but then again, it’s your money.

Save the cash but then again, it’s your money.
I would disagree, I Ceramic coated my wife's audi and it has saved me a ton of time cleaning that vehicle especially the wheels

Howdy,

Was wondering if anyone on here has ceramic coated their truck? I wanted to know your thoughts an opinion on if it it’s worth it or not? I’m on the fence about it.
Depends on if you're doing it yourself or paying for it. I personally do it myself and save tons of money. It is a process though. If you've never done any sort of paint correction yourself, it can be intimidating. But to answer the root of your question, I recommend ceramic coatings. The benefits are great. Even if you're rough on it and you don't get the max life expectancy. Still worth it. I ceramic coated my buddy's everyday, mudding, hunting, dump runs, truck and he loves it. Says mud, blood, dirty never really gets "stuck". Easy pressure wash off. Less water spots due to great hydrophobic properties, etc.

Depends on if you're doing it yourself or paying for it. I personally do it myself and save tons of money. It is a process though. If you've never done any sort of paint correction yourself, it can be intimidating. But to answer the root of your question, I recommend ceramic coatings. The benefits are great. Even if you're rough on it and you don't get the max life expectancy. Still worth it. I ceramic coated my buddy's everyday, mudding, hunting, dump runs, truck and he loves it. Says mud, blood, dirty never really gets "stuck". Easy pressure wash off. Less water spots due to great hydrophobic properties, etc.
Thank you for all of the following info.

agreed. i thinks its definitely worth doing. i wouldn't pay for it to get done though. i did it myself for a fraction of the quotes i got for it.

I can get the Ceramic Pro Ion Ultimate for $1600 with has a lifetime guarantee.

That includes everything on the truck- all glass-rims-all paint and plastic outside the truck and bed cover if you have one.

I can get the Ceramic Pro Ion Ultimate for $1600 with has a lifetime guarantee.
Me personally, I couldn't justify that. And like many have said before me, "lifetime guarantee" is not what it would be for normal products. What if the company goes out of business. What if something down the road comes out about the coating that doesnt support lifetime coverage. I can get great consumer grade cermaic coating for my truck and do the leg work myself and spend about 300$ every 3-5 years. Whatever gives you peace of mind though. Lets us know what you decide.

I put ceramic on my boat, and it is awesome protection, like glass, way better than wax alone. When my new tremor arrives, the first thing I'm going to do is apply ceramic coating. Probably going to do it myself to save money, less than $200 for a good bottle of professional ceramic coating. I does take a whole weekend though.

I vote yes. I had it put new on mine.
I bought some of the self applied stuff to apply to odds and ends that I have put on the truck since. (Mirror covers, bed cover etc.)
I can actually leave the truck out in the rain to was if it is just dusty.

The Ceramic Pro was about $600.00 USD here.

If you do it yourself and yes, it won’t last as long but a quality sealant or wax will give similar results at a fraction of the cost.

With that being said, do whatever makes you sleep better at night.

I park my truck outside all the time so I’m considering ceramic coat as well. But I could get a great deal on a seal and wax where it’d be 1/4 the price or more of a 3 year ceramic coat. So I could do it every year and still be under the ceramic coat price. Hmmmm

I park my truck outside all the time so I’m considering ceramic coat as well. But I could get a great deal on a seal and wax where it’d be 1/4 the price or more of a 3 year ceramic coat. So I could do it every year and still be under the ceramic coat price. Hmmmm
$60K + Truck and you want to cheap out on protecting it?

Once you have a ceramic coated vehicle you’ll want all your vehicles ceramic coated. Just the wash and dry time alone makes it worth it. Plus these aren’t exactly cheap trucks, why not keep them nice as long as possible?

$60K + Truck and you want to cheap out on protecting it?
So are you saying that a sealant and wax won’t protect it?

This product has a 10 year guarantee with stellar ratings. I just bought a bottle as it was on sale for 69.99 at the time. I’m in the process of clay baring and paint correcting my truck now.

20H Advanced Graphene Ceramic... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CHYCPWDT?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Ive used AvalonKing on my rigs. Matter of fact, I have 4 kits that I am getting ready to do my truck (finally) and my wifes SUV this coming week.

New Topics

Back