[Removed]

G

Guest3298

[Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JJM
Still waiting for my ADD StealthFighter + winch bumper. In order to install it, *something* will have to be done about these crash bars.

I for one do not want to completely remove them. They are there for a reason, removing them might make insurance claims hard if discovered that safety features were removed. So I have a few options:

1. Cut them off (cheapest, quickest solution)
2. Relocate them by putting driver<->passenger and flipping them upside down (Example Here), might make fitting my tires hard - separate issue.
3. Find third-party ones, which I know exist somewhere.
4. Leave them and pray.

I'm thinking option 2 is best. If I take this route, what's the best way to remove these weld-on nuts holding the bolt through the upper part of the crash bar? Do I just have to cut them out and order new ones?
I've seen guys bend them just enough to fit larger tires, maybe you can do the same thing, except up?

Would be really interested to see that. These are meant to provide diagonal protection in accidents. You’d need a hydraulic press to bend them, unless someone knows something I don’t.
You can do it with a <$100 amazon press. The shop that did my install did it, I legit watched them torch it to soften it and then use a small press to push it out. Then with a mallet after heating it. Touched it up with black paint, no cracks in the welds or metal. Looks stock. My tires are just under true 35s with a +18 offset

It really moved it very little overall, maybe an inch. But it was enough to fit comfortably for bigger tires and maintain the crash integrity as much as possible. Much better than cutting them out imo

There are no 3rd party ones by the way, not for a gen14 f150. The raptors just don't have front crash bars because of the bumper setup. It's basically cut, spread, or flip. The flip is situational. You can get almost 2 inches from spreading them if you really try.

I'll just leave this here for you.

You have altered your truck from stock, so if the insurance company wants to hose you they can and will. Ford did not have the truck crash tested with a lift, wheels, tires ect... It is interesting that you order the Badlands package on the Bronco they fit 35's by getting rid of the crash bars. All mine are gone, but if I get in a wreck with 6" lift and 37's, pretty sure the impact point is going to be very different.

I'll just leave this here for you.

You have altered your truck from stock, so if the insurance company wants to hose you they can and will. Ford did not have the truck crash tested with a lift, wheels, tires ect... It is interesting that you order the Badlands package on the Bronco they fit 35's by getting rid of the crash bars. All mine are gone, but if I get in a wreck with 6" lift and 37's, pretty sure the impact point is going to be very different.
That's sweet they finally made a 21+ specific set! I had ordered the previous ones to see if they fit and had to return them.

That's sweet they finally made a 21+ specific set! I had ordered the previous ones to see if they fit and had to return them.
Those have been out for a while, @Fozzy has posted about them several times.

Those have been out for a while, @Fozzy has posted about them several times.
I had ordered them and returned them for some reason. It might have also been that they only replace the front crash bars, and the rear intruded for me also. In any case, good option to have.

Fabtech's website states that kit won't fit Tremors.
That’s because the frame is so different from a regular F-150 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
This is an accessory for their lift kits that also don’t fit the Tremor.

New Topics

Back