Goose Tuned via Cobb

tdog4871

Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Tremor

saw this on a facebook group. Can't decide on what tune and more seem to be available. Anyone have experience?

FROM COBB:
Shipped to you is an empty box to ship your ECU to Cobb Tuning in Austin, TX for ECU bench unlock. The first box will be shipped to you Ground service.
You will have a next day air label to put your ecu in the box and send to Cobb.
Cobb Tuning unlocks the ecu (5min process) and ships this ECU back to you unlocked next day air along with your Accessport.

FROM US:
Via email you will receive your tune file(s) once you recieve your Accessport from COBB. Included in that email are detailed instructions for downloading your files to your Cobb Accessport, install of the Accessport to your truck, and the flashing/datalogging process with us.

5DF882B5-F87C-4D6F-8CD5-1FF1824AD9D9.jpeg
A174AB51-6E2A-479E-AABD-62CE6276FE72.jpeg

Interesting story - My wife went to Texas Academy of Math and Science as well as Steven F Austin University with Trey Cobb. He sold the company a few years back, but his products and reputation still hold up in the market place. I enjoy seeing pictures of his garage he posts on Facebook these days. My wife and he still remain friends - nice dude!

I can’t wait to start seeing Dyno #’s on all of these tunes!!!!

Not done yet, but this is my first Dragy with stock truck, AT3’s, TC on in sport mode with 93 stage 1 tune. Will update with a full review once we’re finished after the holidays. Winfield is an absolute pleasure to work with…

Attachments

• 079EAA28-BFEA-4EE5-B14E-92400E0E9E62.png
    079EAA28-BFEA-4EE5-B14E-92400E0E9E62.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Not done yet, but this is my first Dragy with stock truck, AT3’s, TC on in sport mode with 93 stage 1 tune. Will update with a full review once we’re finished after the holidays. Winfield is an absolute pleasure to work with…
Yeah, but a -2000 ft DA? Not knocking the times however in warmer weather it will be slower. Looking forward to seeing final results.

No doubt it will be slower when it warms up. Heavy truck and heavy tires. Care to post your times for comparison?
Ha! I sold my draggy when I sold my 460 whp mk7 GTI. I have no intention on making this truck "fast" though an intercooler, filter, and tune are on the horizon.

Ha! I sold my draggy when I sold my 460 whp mk7 GTI. I have no intention on making this truck "fast" though an intercooler, filter, and tune are on the horizon.
Also looking to get rid of my GTI for this truck, and while I’m going to try hard not to get the (power) mod bug, it’s nice to know that easy extra merging/passing power is on the table.

I’d love the Cobb AP just for the gauges, honestly.

Anyone know if the ecu needs a bench unlock just to get the gauge function with the access port? I guess I could get a banks gauge, too.

Also looking to get rid of my GTI for this truck, and while I’m going to try hard not to get the (power) mod bug, it’s nice to know that easy extra merging/passing power is on the table.

I’d love the Cobb AP just for the gauges, honestly.

Anyone know if the ecu needs a bench unlock just to get the gauge function with the access port? I guess I could get a banks gauge, too.
It will need the unlock to connect.

New Topics

Back