Halolifts Coilover - Group Buy Info in First Post!

ChsTremor

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 402A
Current Ride #2
2022 Bronco (wife's)
EDIT TO ADD GROUP BUY INFO:
10% Off and free shipping to lower 48
Use codes at checkout.
augship
tremor10

Came across these through a FB post. I know we've beat the coilover discussion to death but I did a quick search and couldn't find where Halolift was discussed.

Follow the link and at the top of the description it says "Yes this will fit your Tremor".

Thoughts? Has anyone use this brand before?

I think @Larry Clark used the coilovers with Icon UCA's on his build. EDIT: He did not. It was another user that someone mentions later in this thread.

EDIT to add group buy interested parties:
Running list for the group buy interested:

@ORTTremor89
@Bannerman
@scottj272
@2Shot
@FaKtor34
@Mtnbiker
@SDTremor
@AZoutdoorsman
@metallikatz3
@BrigTremor
@Fatkid55

Last edited:
Might be worth checking out, be curious as to how much actual lift you get and the ride quality, they also have Elka products on their site so they may be made by Elka. If so Elka has some top notch stuff for offroad.

This supports my theory of being made by Elka. Personally it sounds like they may work well, just have to figure out how much actual lift you can get with them. If you can get around 1.75"-2" then that may just be a great option for most.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220726-232532.png
    Screenshot_20220726-232532.png
    760.7 KB · Views: 333
I think Elkas were the only one I didn't try. Do we know if they provide the measurements?

I think Elkas were the only one I didn't try. Do we know if they provide the measurements?
I looked around some but didn't see any legit measurements, I may look into it some more later this week and give them a call just to see if I can get measurements and find out if they have done any tremors and get their take on it. They started off as f150 lifts, then moved the name to halo lift so they could build for other companies. When they started off they used Eibach springs, and were in with Bilstein, looks like they have moved to Elka now.

I have this exact kit on my "16 F-150 minus the UCAs provided in the kit, went with some ICONS instead. Really good quality and performance, no complaints with about 50k miles on them. Did some sand trails/dirt trails down at Ft. Rucker (lower AL) and some back woods trails in Wisconsin but no crazy ruts or anything. I think I set them at 2.25" with the 2" rear block to keep a little rake when I tow.

Definitely interested about putting these on my Tremor but like @Yeti and @FaKtor34 said, want to find out how much lift I can get!

Attachments

• IMG_4946.jpg
    IMG_4946.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_4947.jpg
    IMG_4947.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_4945.jpg
    IMG_4945.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 287
Just got off the phone with Kevin from Halo Lifts, they just installed a Aluma Mountain Package kit on a Tremor and had great results. At the preset 2.5" setting the truck sat dang near level. He also sent me a bunch of pictures of the kit installed, their coilover measurements vs OEM Tremor and Powerboost.

Honestly, sold on this kit! I think this is a way better solution than any of the spacer kits. He did say their customer could not fit 35"s with his rims but I'm not sure what offset his wheels were. I'm not worried about my 285/75s on factory wheels.

NOTE: The picture of the kit installed was before they put their customers new wheels and tires on

Attachments

• IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 785
  • IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 755
  • IMG_0574.jpg
    IMG_0574.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 753
  • IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 986
  • IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 982
  • IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 984
  • IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 766
  • IMG_0586.jpg
    IMG_0586.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 791
  • IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 784
Find out rear shock extended length and compressed length if you can please.

Just got off the phone with Kevin from Halo Lifts, they just installed a Aluma Mountain Package kit on a Tremor and had great results. At the preset 2.5" setting the truck sat dang near level. He also sent me a bunch of pictures of the kit installed, their coilover measurements vs OEM Tremor and Powerboost.

Honestly, sold on this kit! I think this is a way better solution than any of the spacer kits. He did say their customer could not fit 35"s with his rims but I'm not sure what offset his wheels were. I'm not worried about my 285/75s on factory wheels.

NOTE: The picture of the kit installed was before they put their customers new wheels and tires on
Yeah man. That really does look great! That stick 2.5" lift should translate to over 1.5" which is perfect in my opinion.

Yeah man. That really does look great! That stick 2.5" lift should translate to over 1.5" which is perfect in my opinion.
1.5"- 2" of lift in the front would be optimum as long as it wasn't so stiff it would jar your eye teeth out. So yes I'm looking into these right now, from what I found they are using all Elka springs and shock units now, they market them as Halo lift for Ford and Chevy and toytech for Toyota. They seem to fairly reputable, again in their early days they used Eibach springs and Bilstein shock units, for either of those companies to have worked with them they had to be decent. Elka is fairly new to the aftermarket seen for trucks and SUV but have had lots of experience in the offroad racing world for motorcycles and UTV/ATVs, it should be quality.

Love my Toytec lift on the wife’s 4Runner. Didn’t think about them being Elka springs (have Bilstein shocks in them).
I’m optimistic for this kit - if it yields 1.5-2.0” of lift on the tremor, I wonder if the UCA’s are NECESSARY or just perhaps provide better geometry. No other 2.0 or 2.5” spacer lift seems to require aftermarket UCA’s to get it in spec. Makes me think this kit wouldn’t NEED them either.

Love my Toytec lift on the wife’s 4Runner. Didn’t think about them being Elka springs (have Bilstein shocks in them).
I’m optimistic for this kit - if it yields 1.5-2.0” of lift on the tremor, I wonder if the UCA’s are NECESSARY or just perhaps provide better geometry. No other 2.0 or 2.5” spacer lift seems to require aftermarket UCA’s to get it in spec. Makes me think this kit wouldn’t NEED them either.
For $800, SBC UCAs and camber/caster fittings and these is a nobrainer if they measure out well. IF they're sending the coilovers out @ 2.5", I'm guessing that is the optimal ride quality. Dangit @apachedriver64 You could have joined/posted earlier and saved me a couple grand! :)

I’m still having trouble believing that in the 30+ pages of suspension threads we hadn’t brought these up before now!

I’m really hoping for a true 2.5” of lift on the tremor. @apachedriver64 mind asking the Halo team how much lift we could expect?

If you have Bilstein shock units you have the Eibach springs, it seems they only switched to Elka in 2019 or 2020, may have been a supply issue at the time then once they got in with Elka they liked it and stayed.

I had seen something about them a while back but never put thought into it because I figured it would be like the rest and not get much lift on the Tremor, I guess they did something similar to what RC did to get a good lift with theirs.

I’m still having trouble believing that in the 30+ pages of suspension threads we hadn’t brought these up before now!

I’m really hoping for a true 2.5” of lift on the tremor. @apachedriver64 mind asking the Halo team how much lift we could expect?
I think these are relatively new. The Elkas were mentioned somewhere but i think they didn't have the measurements we were looking for

Kevin at Halo Lifts said he’d look into the rear shock travel for @FaKtor34. He didn’t know off the top of his head. I would assume it’s equal to if not greater than the Tremor as the kit can come with up to a 2.5” rear block if you option it. Kevin has been awesome to chat with and honestly, if you just call Halo Lifts they’ll be more than happy to help you out if you have any specific questions.

The biggest shocker to them was just how similar Tremor shocks were to any other F-150. We really only get 1” over a standard F-150 coil over coming from our springs so their kit being able to run up to 3” in theory gives you 2”. Like many have mentioned already like @Yeti, I’m totally okay achieving 1.5” of lift for the improved performance with a 150% increase from the OEM Tremor factory lift. Sure, I might have 2.5” of rake but that’s way better than 4” while improving performance and handling (may be a placebo on the handling but overall a better solution in my mind if you have the extra money vs the pucks, even if you’re only the casual off roader), plus it’ll keep things level when hauling or towing.

I’m going to roll the dice with the 285/75 Coopers on factories. I’ll probably start the Halos at 2.5” and bump them up in .25” increments if I need more room for the tires or for pure aesthetics, pending it’s not super firm on the road.

The reality is we will probably never have a suspension kit that says ‘exclusive for the tremor’ written on the box from Fox or Icon and I know many have been searching for a kit that works well for our trucks. I think it is by far the best solution, and equal to the quality of Fox or Icon if not better in certain cases.

I’m going to order my kit tomorrow and then it’s a waiting game for my tremor to come in in a few weeks!

Kevin at Halo Lifts said he’d look into the rear shock travel for @FaKtor34. He didn’t know off the top of his head. I would assume it’s equal to if not greater than the Tremor as the kit can come with up to a 2.5” rear block if you option it. Kevin has been awesome to chat with and honestly, if you just call Halo Lifts they’ll be more than happy to help you out if you have any specific questions.

The biggest shocker to them was just how similar Tremor shocks were to any other F-150. We really only get 1” over a standard F-150 coil over coming from our springs so their kit being able to run up to 3” in theory gives you 2”. Like many have mentioned already like @Yeti, I’m totally okay achieving 1.5” of lift for the improved performance with a 150% increase from the OEM Tremor factory lift. Sure, I might have 2.5” of rake but that’s way better than 4” while improving performance and handling (may be a placebo on the handling but overall a better solution in my mind if you have the extra money vs the pucks, even if you’re only the casual off roader), plus it’ll keep things level when hauling or towing.

I’m going to roll the dice with the 285/75 Coopers on factories. I’ll probably start the Halos at 2.5” and bump them up in .25” increments if I need more room for the tires or for pure aesthetics, pending it’s not super firm on the road.

The reality is we will probably never have a suspension kit that says ‘exclusive for the tremor’ written on the box from Fox or Icon and I know many have been searching for a kit that works well for our trucks. I think it is by far the best solution, and equal to the quality of Fox or Icon if not better in certain cases.

I’m going to order my kit tomorrow and then it’s a waiting game for my tremor to come in in a few weeks!
Is it installed yet? Anxious for this review but also it sounds like we are only able to get max 2” out of it and that would probably be too stiff. Might not be enough for 35s.

Now we just need to hurry along your Tremor delivery so we can get the road test results! I've been patiently waiting to do anything with the suspension until a solid all-around option came together and it sounds like this just might be it. Definitely keep us posted!

New Topics

Back