Heat/ AC issues with temperature control?

Its been a while so figured I would post another update. Over the course of a ~400mile drive the outside temp averaged about 50F. AC turned on by itself twice. Also at one point could not get the vents to blow any harder until I changed the temperature setting from 72 to 67. Then all of a sudden the vents started blowing harder. I'm at 34000 miles now. I have the extended warranty, but I am concerned what will happen long term. The dealers are ridiculously useless.

Love everything else about the truck. It's livable and there are workarounds, its just strange to me and makes me concerned long term with the electronics. Have also had the digital gauge cluster reset while going through the menus on a drive a few times since the latest update.

That is something that seems to work for me as well, but it really messes with the fan speed (without auto turned on).

Just did another long drive last night. Was 47F outside at one point. Had to turn the thermostat down to 62 or 63 to not have it blow hot air. AC on or off didnt seem to change anything much. This really is a pain in the ass. Just wish I had a local dealer that would acknowledge that this is a widespread issue and not just spend a few minute in the truck and say that it cant be replicated and it’s fine. Just got one of those lemon law notices in the mail. Heard about the transmission issue lawsuits, but this one also mentioned the AC issue. This is really unfortunate, besides the AC the truck really has been amazing. Have put 19k miles in about 8 months without any other issues.
What’s up guys. I have had my Tremor for 2 months now, after I traded in my F350 Tremor Platinum. The minute I drove the F150, I experienced the same heating issue you were discussing here. I was on a trip to Montana and the outside temp was 30 degrees Fahrenheit. I had the inside temp set to 66 and it felt like it was 80 in the cab. Turned it down to 60 and no change. I finally got into Ford, and they said I had a bad ambient temp sensor. No matter what they did, the outside temp read 28 degrees, but the inside temp display was correct. Basically a sensor/ computer issue. They replaced the ambient temperature sensor, reprogrammed
the computer, and it is spot on now. If anyone is still experiencing this issue, give this a try.

What’s up guys. I have had my Tremor for 2 months now, after I traded in my F350 Tremor Platinum. The minute I drove the F150, I experienced the same heating issue you were discussing here. I was on a trip to Montana and the outside temp was 30 degrees Fahrenheit. I had the inside temp set to 66 and it felt like it was 80 in the cab. Turned it down to 60 and no change. I finally got into Ford, and they said I had a bad ambient temp sensor. No matter what they did, the outside temp read 28 degrees, but the inside temp display was correct. Basically a sensor/ computer issue. They replaced the ambient temperature sensor, reprogrammed
the computer, and it is spot on now. If anyone is still experiencing this issue, give this a try.
That is awesome you got them to try something! Will forward this to my dealer and see what they say!

appreciate the update. in the warmer weather it wasn't that bad for me but now that the cold has hit DFW man its so bad on my temperatures in the cab...always seems to be 55 or 85 no matter what i set it at. i'll be talking to the dealer next time i am in.

I’m experiencing the exact same issue as you. It only happens when it’s cold outside, like below 45 degrees or so.

But my outside air temperature is displaying correctly. My phone and my truck always match so the OAT sensor doesn’t seem to the issue for me…

But again this weirdly only happens when it’s cold outside.

My ford dealer doesn’t care, and said “could not duplicate”

I may have to go into the dealer earlier than waiting on my next oil change. Wwith the single digit weather here in DFW, the truck has no idea what to do. I have to be on "lo" to get anything other than 80+ degree temperature. 61-80 are all the same hot temperature.

I may have to go into the dealer earlier than waiting on my next oil change. Wwith the single digit weather here in DFW, the truck has no idea what to do. I have to be on "lo" to get anything other than 80+ degree temperature. 61-80 are all the same hot temperature.
Working as designed. Just bad programming logic from Ford.... but let us know if the Ambient Temp Sensor gets replaced and resolves it!

Last edited:

New Topics

Back