Icon Tremor Leaf Springs

Escape Hatch

Reaction score
Current Ride
22 Tremor Stone Gray
Current Ride #2
22 Aviator Reserve
Just saw Icon now has Tremor specific leaf springs available at various lifts and rates with or without constant load in the bed. Nice to see options are starting to trickle out. Something I will consider as I will have 400 pound constant load on my bed with my rack and tent.

Just saw Icon now has Tremor specific leaf springs available at various lifts and rates with or without constant load in the bed. Nice to see options are starting to trickle out. Something I will consider as I will have 400 pound constant load on my bed with my rack and tent.

They're hiding them from me. I'm still only seeing the fronts but they have never been great at updating their website

Found them. This goes along with what @RotorHead695 said over a year ago. @Tremor Trails this may be an option for the rears

Last edited:
Great… more money to spend
I had icon RXT springs and bypass shocks on my Tacoma and they performed really well for carrying about 500lbs over stock on that truck.

These are still listed as the raptor springs but glad to see icon lists them for the Tremor now too!

Last edited:

Tuesday I will pick my truck up from ICON. It will have the stage 5 level and the Gen 2 Raptor leaf springs. It will be a huge change. I use a weight distribution hitch so it won't be dragging ass when I tow.

Practically, what does ‘eliminating the factory rear blocks’ and adding the billet drop shackles gain us in the equation ?

I run 610lbs in the bed continuously; RSI cap, Decked drawer and slide system with a Yakima Lock n Load roof rack. With the factory rear shocks it settled with very little rake. I’ve since added the Ford factory SVT Raptor rear shocks and gained about 1.5” of rake back. The ride is very composed and doesn’t ‘wallow’ anymore. Haven’t had a chance to try it on washboards or loose gravel yet. Having the constant weight in the back makes it a much more comfortable ride overall. It virtually eliminates the solid axle rear wheel hop that pick-ups exhibit on rough pavement.

Im always interested in improving the handling, especially when loaded down for travel adventures, but I don’t think I would add any higher spring rate to the back of these. But I also don’t tow anything heavy yet. Just a light kayak trailer.

If I had balls this is the package

Yes this is similar but I have the stage 5 with the electronic dampening controlled from phone app. I am a guinea pig for BLUECRUISE compatibility. I will add a photo of my front end.

Attachments

• IMG_4587(1).jpg
    IMG_4587(1).jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 66
If I had balls this is the package

Yes this is similar but I have the stage 5 with the electronic dampening controlled from phone app. I am a guinea pig for BLUECRUISE compatibility. I will add a photo of my front end

That really is a transformational package. Imagine your Tremor just smoking a GEN2 Raptor offroad. It becomes a reality with this kit. Those leaf springs are an upgrade to GEN2 Raptor. I have seen some engine tunes for the 3.5 EB that give tremendous gains.

Yes this is similar but I have the stage 5 with the electronic dampening controlled from phone app. I am a guinea pig for BLUECRUISE compatibility. I will add a photo of my front end
What does ICON think will affect BlueCruise? 6" kits do not affect it, just tire size and weight.

Practically, what does ‘eliminating the factory rear blocks’ and adding the billet drop shackles gain us in the equation ?
The Tremor has the worst spring wrap of any truck I have ever driven. Add larger, wider, heavier, high traction tires and it's a joke. Getting rid of the rear blocks will help the leverage ratio and the shorter rear shackle will let you run the taller spring without it looking like a stink bug again.

What does ICON think will affect BlueCruise? 6" kits do not affect it, just tire size and weight.

The Tremor has the worst spring wrap of any truck I have ever driven. Add larger, wider, heavier, high traction tires and it's a joke. Getting rid of the rear blocks will help the leverage ratio and the shorter rear shackle will let you run the taller spring without it looking like a stink bug again.
I kind of miss the stink bug look. Better than looking like a dog with worms..

Tuesday I will pick my truck up from ICON. It will have the stage 5 level and the Gen 2 Raptor leaf springs. It will be a huge change. I use a weight distribution hitch so it won't be dragging ass when I tow.
Any chance they shared the extended and compressed lengths of those rear shocks?

So question to the gurus out there - can we use the 2020 Raptor hydraulic bump stop kit on our trucks? Or what is the speculation on whether or not Icon will confirm compatibility with the 2021+ F150s?

Any chance they shared the extended and compressed lengths of those rear shocks?
The rear shocks are the same length as the factory Tremor shocks although the front end does get 20% more travel. Here is a photo of the old gear vs New gear. The old leaf pac only has 2 leafs connected while the icon version sports 5. Old setup had bad spring wrap when towing. I had a lot of trailer tug feeling. My wife instantly noticed how solid the towing was with the new system, plus no more body roll and enhanced dampening and tracking. She even fealt the truck was more comfortable off road as well.

Attachments

• 20231226_132433.jpg
    20231226_132433.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 20231226_132411.jpg
    20231226_132411.jpg
    611.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 20231226_132744.jpg
    20231226_132744.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 20231226_152632.jpg
    20231226_152632.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 20231226_152614.jpg
    20231226_152614.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 20231226_152600.jpg
    20231226_152600.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 20231226_152547.jpg
    20231226_152547.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 20231226_152511.jpg
    20231226_152511.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20231226_152506.jpg
    20231226_152506.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 20240115_105305.jpg
    20240115_105305.jpg
    690.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 20240115_105309.jpg
    20240115_105309.jpg
    638.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 20240115_105317.jpg
    20240115_105317.jpg
    683.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 20240115_105325.jpg
    20240115_105325.jpg
    654.9 KB · Views: 90

I run 610lbs in the bed continuously; RSI cap, Decked drawer and slide system with a Yakima Lock n Load roof rack. With the factory rear shocks it settled with very little rake. I’ve since added the Ford factory SVT Raptor rear shocks and gained about 1.5” of rake back. The ride is very composed and doesn’t ‘wallow’ anymore. Haven’t had a chance to try it on washboards or loose gravel yet. Having the constant weight in the back makes it a much more comfortable ride overall. It virtually eliminates the solid axle rear wheel hop that pick-ups exhibit on rough pavement.

Im always interested in improving the handling, especially when loaded down for travel adventures, but I don’t think I would add any higher spring rate to the back of these. But I also don’t tow anything heavy yet. Just a light kayak trailer.

Whats the verdict on the raptor shocks you added?

Looks fantastic! Is that a lowering shackle on it? I need the extra height in the back for my canopy.

Did they mention anything about contact at full droop or risk to the headlight level sensor? @Cblaxx19 was noticing some possible extension issues with both.

The Raptor shocks were kind-of a no-brainer for me. I had enough Ford points that it only cost me a little under 250.00ish with tax for the pair. And my local dealership's parts department had them for me in two days. The on-road ride is certainly improved. But, I am anxiously waiting to try them off road to see if they eliminate the skittish rear end.

Coincidentally, my brother says the TRD Tacomas are known to suffer from the same skittishness with stock rear squishy shock set-up.

Do all of the Tremors have the spacer block under the leaf springs ? Or is that related to a particular tow package ?

I noticed Icon is indicating that you need their shocks with their leaf spring upgrade.

Also, didn't someone around here try a Hellwig sway-bar on their Tremor ?
It's anyone's guess as to why, but Ford snuck a rear sway bar into some of the 2022 and 2023 year model Broncos. My 2023 2-Door Base with Sasquatch came with one.

The rear shocks are the same length as the factory Tremor shocks although the front end does get 20% more travel. Here is a photo of the old gear vs New gear. The old leaf pac only has 2 leafs connected while the icon version sports 5. Old setup had bad spring wrap when towing. I had a lot of trailer tug feeling. My wife instantly noticed how solid the towing was with the new system, plus no more body roll and enhanced dampening and tracking. She even fealt the truck was more comfortable off road as well.
Looks fantastic! Is that a lowering shackle on it? I need the extra height in the back for my canopy.

Did they mention anything about contact at full droop or risk to the headlight level sensor? @Cblaxx19 was noticing some possible extension issues with both.
alex is the guy i've been comparing my setup to. his headlight bracket is different looking than mine, yet Icon states there is no other bracket part number.

im hoping adjusting the UCAs to push the wheel outward a little helps both my rubbing and headlight sensor issues.

alex is the guy i've been comparing my setup to. his headlight bracket is different looking than mine, yet Icon states there is no other bracket part number.

im hoping adjusting the UCAs to push the wheel outward a little helps both my rubbing and headlight sensor issues.
Yeah, I was looking at his uca pic and it doesn't look pushed out, at all.

@Cblaxx19 I think I see the difference.
Alex's on top, yours on the bottom. His is pushed further out (1/2-5/8" maybe? Are there two holes in your mount?
1705414073180.png

New Topics

Back