Is the spare a nice painted rim like the rest?

Big Cam

Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A (Oxford White)
I know this is incredibly lazy of me, but I have no need to drop down the spare, however while underneath my truck I could see it appears to have the same spoke design as the other 4. Is it an identical rim to the other 4, or is it not painted, or all black or something?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. Same rim and tire as the rest.

I was pretty pumped to maybe do a 5 tire rotation however the spare doesn't come with the module for the tire pressure monitor. (correct me if I"m wrong all) Can you have a sensor put in the spare and calibrate it to the truck? Or does it screw things up because there is 5 sensors communicating then?

Anyone know!?

I know some members have done it. TPMS is not in the spare so you'd have to buy one for it. Not sure if it will show up when the spare is mounted back up. That one someone else might have to chime in on.

I know some members have done it. TPMS is not in the spare so you'd have to buy one for it. Not sure if it will show up when the spare is mounted back up. That one someone else might have to chime in on.
Thanks sir, very curious!!

Yeah, that is literally the first thing I did was added the TPMS to the spare while I was getting my offroad tires/wheels mounted/balanced. Everything works as expected.
And for your main question: my spare was until I tore a big chunk out of it because I was too lazy to swap tires to go up my back yard.

I think one of the questions is if the spare shows up on the instrument cluster, so 5 tires instead of 4. My guess is no, at least from past experience it hasn't for me on other cars with spares. I'm finally taking mine in for its first service this week so I'm planning on telling the to toss the spare into rotation.

nah. the sensors for the wheels are at each hub so you only see the wheels on the truck

New Topics

Back