edubya32

Reaction score
Military
Navy Vet
Current Ride
2023 Tremor 3.5EB | 402A | Torsen
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 X40i
So, I recently have been parking in a "ramp" (aka garage) at work, and I've noticed, as I drive slowly down level by level, that there are a ton of noises coming from this truck, for lack of a better way to describe it, it sounds like squirrels "barking" or some sort of "chirping". Never noticed it in my 2020 Raptor, but is this IWE related? I mean, I'm not sure why it would be engaging or disengaging while in 2H, but in any case, I'm just presuming it's "normal".

Could it be the motors for the grille shutters? Mine click but that’s cause mine don’t have any shutters attached to em 😅

I don't think so, it's really quick little chirps as I'm navigating down from 4th floor to 1st - chirping as I go down. I don't suspect anything is wrong, but I'm curious why so many "noises" what is it, IWE, or some other function, don't know?

I'm pretty sure as I am turning as well as straight, but I'll have to double check.

Yes - Torsen

Torsen LSDs don't make any noise and they certainly don't click.

Can you locate which part of the truck then noises are coming from? What maneuver seems to generate the noise? Could just be the tires squeaking on the floor too.

Torsen LSDs don't make any noise and they certainly don't click.

Can you locate which part of the truck then noises are coming from? What maneuver seems to generate the noise? Could just be the tires squeaking on the floor too.
It seems to me that it is definitely something engaging / disengaging. I was on the ramp today, and it was pronounced as I was "finishing" a turn from level to level as straightening the wheel, but it also made clicking / clacking noises as I was simply straight ahead, maybe as I was breaking toward the end of the downhill. I really don't know if this is "normal" or not, but I'd say that it certainly seems "chatty".
It sounds from the front end.

I figured it out, is the transmission, as I'm going from floor to floor, shifting from 1 to 3 to 1 to 3.

New Topics

Back