Leather Upholstry

treceveu

Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 f150 Tremor
I’ve only had my Tremor a couple months - it has the upscale trim level with leather seats. Maybe it’s just me, but the leather seems pretty cheesy, particularly the non-perforated sections. It almost feels like naugahdye, not leather? Feels thin, not very supple, and it has puckers in the corners. For those of you who have had their trucks longer than me, are your seats standing up or are they showing signs of premature wear? I’ve considered good seat covers but they would probably compromise the heating/ventilating features.

I’ve only had my Tremor a couple months - it has the upscale trim level with leather seats. Maybe it’s just me, but the leather seems pretty cheesy, particularly the non-perforated sections. It almost feels like naugahdye, not leather? Feels thin, not very supple, and it has puckers in the corners. For those of you who have had their trucks longer than me, are your seats standing up or are they showing signs of premature wear? I’ve considered good seat covers but they would probably compromise the heating/ventilating features.
I’ve had mine a year now and the seam on the bottom seat cover is unravelling. It’s definitely not leather. Pretty sad the amount of money this truck cost and shitty materials Ford uses. Went to dealer and needs to get Ford approval before they will fix. Brutal service on Ford’s part.

I have a small tear on my drivers side. I showed my dealer Friday. This Wednesday it’s booked in for replacement. Fully covered. $0.

IMG_7969.png

This is a timely thread, for me. I’ve got ~30k on my 2022 402A. Driver’s side seat cushion is tearing / separating.
This is definitely not leather.
I’m pretty disappointed in the low quality. The seats are superbly comfortable, as owners already know. But, to have this going on is disappointing, to say the least. Also, I felt a spring pop inside the seat cushion about 1,000 miles ago. Since the dealership doesn’t have any loaner vehicles, I’m waiting until an upcoming Lexus purchase for the wife; that’ll be a third vehicle for us so, I won’t mind leaving the Tremor for a couple of weeks, if necessary.
Sad to see this is happening to other owners.
(I weigh 220 lbs, by the way… I don’t think it’s asking too much to expect my seats to hold up.)

Attachments

• IMG_1125.jpeg
    IMG_1125.jpeg
    472.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1128.jpeg
    IMG_1128.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 96
This is a timely thread, for me. I’ve got ~30k on my 2022 402A. Driver’s side seat cushion is tearing / separating.
I’m pretty disappointed in the low quality. The seats are superbly comfortable, as owners already know. But, to have this going on is disappointing, to say the least. Also, I felt a spring pop inside the seat cushion about 1,000 miles ago. Since the dealership doesn’t have any loaner vehicles, I’m waiting until an upcoming Lexus purchase for the wife; that’ll be a third vehicle for us so, I won’t mind leaving the Tremor for a couple of weeks, if necessary.
(I weigh 220 lbs, by the way… I don’t think it’s asking too much to expect my seats to hold up.)
I have a 2023 with 402A and the seat does not feel like leather to me as well. If it is, it’s bottom of the line. I can compare to a BMW, Porsche, Audi, and Chevrolet leather. The Tremor steering wheel feels real to me as a comparison. I was just telling my family that I don’t think the Ford has real leather on the seats. Really my only complaint about the truck.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but what do you mean you felt a spring pop?

I am getting intense pressure on my right butt cheek like the line of the seat is pinching. Don’t know if that is a spring.

I am getting intense pressure on my right butt cheek like the line of the seat is pinching. Don’t know if that is a spring.
It's likely Bubba behind you. 😁

It's likely Bubba behind you. 😁
I almost replied to the same posting in a joking manner but I said to myself, that’s just too easy so I’ll just wait and see who’s going to reply. 🤣

What originally felt like the correct factory "springiness," felt unsprung immediately after I detected a "pop" when I shifted in the seat slightly.

The good news is that the dealership replaced the seat cushion, still under warranty. At almost 30 months in, I've got just 34,600 miles on the odometer. Having a third car that is my typical work commuter is the only way I've been able to keep the mileage low on the Tremor.

What originally felt like the correct factory "springiness," felt unsprung immediately after I detected a "pop" when I shifted in the seat slightly.

The good news is that the dealership replaced the seat cushion, still under warranty. At almost 30 months in, I've got just 34,600 miles on the odometer. Having a third car that is my typical work commuter is the only way I've been able to keep the mileage low on the Tremor.
Thanks for this. Gives me hope dealership might actually take a look at mine.

New Topics

Back