Livernois - Who's tuned / Experience

Dmallen2010

Founding Member
Reaction score
All that have tuned with Livernois.... I have a few questions on what your running and your experience.
  1. What tune are you running? Performance 91-93 or Tow/Performance (I have only 91 octane here, anyone running 91 with the tune?)
  2. Has anyone Dyno'd after installing? Any real world numbers to report
  3. Transmission changes? I'm hoping for improvements here, I know we can remove skip shift from 1 to 3, but curious on if it smooths out shifting/downshifting and truck trying to upshifting every chance it gets for economy.
  4. Overall experience
Anyway lots of questions. Thanks!

All that have tuned with Livernois.... I have a few questions on what your running and your experience.
  1. What tune are you running? Performance 91-93 or Tow/Performance (I have only 91 octane here, anyone running 91 with the tune?)
  2. Has anyone Dyno'd after installing? Any real world numbers to report
  3. Transmission changes? I'm hoping for improvements here, I know we can remove skip shift from 1 to 3, but curious on if it smooths out shifting/downshifting and truck trying to upshifting every chance it gets for economy.
  4. Overall experience
Anyway lots of questions. Thanks!
Great ?'s, I'm waiting responses!

Great ?'s, I'm waiting responses!
1. Performance, on 93 strictly. The tune works with 91 afaik, likely less power. Also downloaded the tow tune in case I need it. Specifically says don't tow with performance tune.
2. Negative, but I haven't lost a race yet lol. So far two chargers, a challenger, and some other random non notables on the highway in the graveyard. Been looking for a raptor to try but those guys never wanna race for whatever reason... Idk. Haven't bothered with any 6.2 trucks because the stock Ecoboost beats those anyways.
3. I didn't really hate the transmission before like some people do, but I can agree it was clunky at times. After the tune, it's butter. Zero complaints, pick up from any speed is on point. No delays, smooth shift up and down.
4. Great, love it. Power instantly when you want it, normal driving when you don't. Better mpg, and all around just a better drive. I have the mishimoto intercooler, turbo smart BOV, and roush intake- they all add in and benefit the tune, especially the intercooler imo.

Very easy to install, very fast response time to get your tune once you send your stock file in, support was available and straight forward/down to earth. The initial instructions are a little overwhelming and not super well organized imo, like it doesn't tell you first before anything to update the tuner on your computer - which i didn't and couldn't figure out why I couldn't save my stock tune until I called. After that the instructions are good.

I'm on a trip to NC right now from Miami, has performed great. Highway has been great, off-road great, have noticed zero downsides. I assume down the road some more maintenance on the turbos but afaik these motors are super undertones. The raptor motor is the same motor just tuner higher/higher output spec, this is basically a raptor in a box.

Last edited:
1. Performance, on 93 strictly. The tune works with 91 afaik, likely less power.
2. Negative, but I haven't lost a race yet lol. So far two chargers, a challenger, and some other random non notables on the highway in the graveyard. Been looking for a raptor to try but those guys never wanna race for whatever reason... Idk. Haven't bothered with any 6.2 trucks because the stock Ecoboost beats those anyways.
3. I didn't really hate the transmission before like some people do, but I can agree it was clunky at times. After the tune, it's butter. Zero complaints, pick up from any speed is on point. No delays, smooth shift up and down.
4. Great, love it. Power instantly when you want it, normal driving when you don't. Better mpg, and all around just a better drive. I have the mishimoto intercooler, turbo smart BOV, and roush intake- they all add in and benefit the tune, especially the intercooler imo.

Very easy to install, very fast response time to get your tune once you send your stock file in, support was available and straight forward/down to earth. The initial instructions are a little overwhelming and not super well organized imo, like it doesn't tell you first before anything to update the tuner on your computer - which i didn't and couldn't figure out why I couldn't save my stock tune until I called. After that the instructions are good.

I'm on a trip to NC right now from Miami, has performed great. Highway has been great, off-road great, have noticed zero downsides. I assume down the road some more maintenance on the turbos but afaik these motors are super undertones. The raptor motor is the same motor just tuner higher/higher output spec, this is basically a raptor in a box.
Good feedback, thanks!

@Cranbery Thanks for the responses!

I have an AFE intake and Titan V2, sounds like the power/response will be nice even with 91 octane. ~30 hp less or something like that. Glad to hear on the transmission. I assume you eliminated the skip shifting?

@Cranbery Thanks for the responses!

I have an AFE intake and Titan V2, sounds like the power/response will be nice even with 91 octane. ~30 hp less or something like that. Glad to hear on the transmission. I assume you eliminated the skip shifting?
I didn't go into the tune and modify anything, i took their performance tune as is. I haven't noticed it skip. It doesn't seem to upshift needlessly either. Sport mode still holds the gear longer but it feels good. All the modes still drive good, eco has more delay still but better than stock. Best launch is normal, 4HI, pre spool and go.

Cranberry, what kind of improvement in mpg are you seeing?

Do any/most auto shops install tuners? I’m clueless on this stuff, but boy the positives you noted sure make it seem a lot of fun.

I’ve got the tune as well and will echo what Cranbery said for the most part.

1- 91-93 performance but have only run 93

2- no Dyno but the seat of my pants said it’s way faster. I had to get off the gas the other day after braking the rears loose because I simply wasn’t moving and she wasn’t acting like she was going to stop spinning 😁

3- I had the dreaded shudder that was luckily fixed with a TSB so I’ve since been hyper sensitive to the shifting. New tune shifts great. It holds gears just long enough, gone are the quick upshifts to 10th at 35moh that leave you lugging along at 900 RPM and she’s quick and crisp, not hard, to drop a gear or two as soon as you get on it. I feel like she’ll pull anytime I want. 80mph and you wanna pass? No problem.

4-very happy with the purchase. The truck runs great, has power for days, shifts better. Backing out of my very steep and definitely not straight driveway takes a bit better throttle modulation than before but other than that literally no complaints.
You won’t be disappointed

Last edited:
1. Performance, on 93 strictly. The tune works with 91 afaik, likely less power. Also downloaded the tow tune in case I need it. Specifically says don't tow with performance tune.

Wish you your in San Antonio. I’d love to run with you to see the diff. I have CVF Titan v2 and BOV, 3inch exhaust with BW muffler, VR intake, JB4 tune set on 6+ psi peak.(E85 tune) Runnning 93/E85 mix. And like you said it screams. I haven’t run against anyone but surprised a few cars hanging with them on the highway. (Following them and they couldn’t pull away up to about 106) The new Supra was a few nights ago. I think a Challenger tried to race me on the hwy, but I wasn’t paying attention, and When I slowed down to exit he flew by me and did the ol ricer fly by with his hazards. Reminded me of the ol days. As far as the Raptors go, I’d love to race one. My neighbor has a 2018 fixed up but not sure what he’s done. It’s sounds like he has at least the basics (intake and exhaust) and I’m sure a tune.

Wish you your in San Antonio. I’d love to run with you to see the diff. I have CVF Titan v2 and BOV, 3inch exhaust with BW muffler, VR intake, JB4 tune set on 6+ psi peak.(E85 tune) Runnning 93/E85 mix. And like you said it screams. I haven’t run against anyone but surprised a few cars hanging with them on the highway. (Following them and they couldn’t pull away up to about 106) The new Supra was a few nights ago. I think a Challenger tried to race me on the hwy, but I wasn’t paying attention, and When I slowed down to exit he flew by me and did the ol ricer fly by with his hazards. Reminded me of the ol days. As far as the Raptors go, I’d love to race one. My neighbor has a 2018 fixed up but not sure what he’s done. It’s sounds like he has at least the basics (intake and exhaust) and I’m sure a tune.
If that was a 3.0 Supra, that is quite an accomplishment. I'm coming from a 2021 Supra 3.0 and they are wickedly fast.

If that was a 3.0 Supra, that is quite an accomplishment. I'm coming from a 2021 Supra 3.0 and they are wickedly fast.
Yes it was. It was sweet looking! Now “full disclosure” we weren’t racing, just having fun. But he never pulled away. I would love to race one off the line though.

When I go to their website and select my vehicle (22 Tremor), no products come up under computer and tuning. Did you have to contact them and work out what you needed or am I missing something?

When I go to their website and select my vehicle
(22 Tremor), no products come up under computer and tuning. Did you have to contact them and work out what you needed or am I missing something?

Just went to their website, looks like it's on there. Went to the computer & tuning under products first. Then selected Tremor in the submodel on the left.

1663090058656.png

Does the livernois tuner remove the need for the throttle enhancer? I have a pedalbox waiting for my truck; just curious if there is benefit in installing both a throttle enhancer & livernois?

I know the livernois tune does a lot more than the throttle enhancer; just trying to see if putting both is necessary or just go straight to the tuner

Does the livernois tuner remove the need for the throttle enhancer? I have a pedalbox waiting for my truck; just curious if there is benefit in installing both a throttle enhancer & livernois?

I know the livernois tune does a lot more than the throttle enhancer; just trying to see if putting both is necessary or just go straight to the tuner
If you do the tune I don't think the pedal box will do much, it is intended to work as a tune to help with throttle response, it wouldn't be necessary if you got the tune. While it might still help a little, the performance gain wouldn't be worth the added cost.

I agree, and having the tune installed I think the throttle sensitivity is perfect, I don’t think I’d want it any more sensitive.

Any of you guys install the new tune update yet? @Cblaxx19 sent me this today about an update to 125hp instead of 65hp. I'm about to reset to stock to go in for service (just caution until 36k, though last time I didn't have time to go to stock and they didn't say a word), but when I get it back I'm thinking I'm going to say fk it and send the new 125 tune.

Attachments

• IMG_20230202_225106.jpg
    IMG_20230202_225106.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 40

New Topics

Back