Lower Grille Aux Light Bracket

The SS3 is 3.3” square and I’ve got 3.75” each side the plate. Is there any other reason why it would not work?
Thanks
View attachment 26394
You are correct, if you fully remove the center trim piece you will have plenty of room. Bit of you run the eco trim piece with the factory license plate bracket it gets tighter.
But you’re right it looks like it would easily clear. Since you have close to 4”. Do you mind if I save this pic to show others?

Thanks, Connor

You are correct, if you fully remove the center trim piece you will have plenty of room. Bit of you run the eco trim piece with the factory license plate bracket it gets tighter.
But you’re right it looks like it would easily clear. Since you have close to 4”. Do you mind if I save this pic to show others?

Thanks, Connor
no problem, share away hope it helps

You use send cut send? That’s a quick turn around!
Sure did! I saw that you’d used them before. I was recommended https://www.hubs.com/, but due the the size of the bracket it was insanely expensive through there site. Also since the bracket is 26+ inches it is just to long to be able to be anodized.

Sure did! I saw that you’d used them before. I was recommended https://www.hubs.com/, but due the the size of the bracket it was insanely expensive through there site. Also since the bracket is 26+ inches it is just to long to be able to be anodized.
I’ve had good experiences with send cut send.

I’ve looked at hubs before too. They are now part of protolabs. I recently quoted them for a tiny bracket and it was an outrageous price.

Oshcut is another online sheet metal shop I’ve looked at.

I’ve recently learned that anodize is not UV resistant and will fade which makes it much less attractive to use. Powdercoat is cheaper and should be fine. Where these brackets go, I don’t think powdercoat is really needed anyways.

I am definitely interested, I have 2 DD SS3 Pro's that I need to install. Ive got a '23 EcoBoost 402A

Unfortunately I am going to have to fab my own solution since my lights don’t have the ability to mount directly off the back and line up center. Or I fab new mount for each light
IMG_0555.jpeg

Yeah, those light have a goofy bracket!
Yeah, didnt look at that before I ordered them. Not sure it would have made me go a different route though as I really like the looks of these (at least from pics), it just will give me more work to get them mounted.

Yeah, didnt look at that before I ordered them. Not sure it would have made me go a different route though as I really like the looks of these (at least from pics), it just will give me more work to get them mounted.
Could you make some type of 90, to mount them off a bracket similar to this one?

What brand of lights are these?
True Mods. Just came across them on Amazon and thought the look fit what I was after, but I dont think that I will be able to mount them as close together as I want. We will see if I end up using them or returning. My plan to mount them is here in my rough drawing
2024-02-05 13.46.13.jpg

I am in if this becomes available. Already running some DD ditch lights, so 3 up front on my V8 version would be nice. - Rob

Do you have pics of final product and installation steps for the 3.5 EB in regards to some trimming you mention? Considering this bracket for my first Aux switch usage.

Thanks

Do you have pics of final product and installation steps for the 3.5 EB in regards to some trimming you mention? Considering this bracket for my first Aux switch usage.

Thanks
Working on them currently. The only trimming will be along the intercooler shroud. Very minor trimming.

Not sure if I ever officially said it; I’m interested if you get this to a point you are making an order

***pending the trimming detail

I also need to decide if I’m ok just running without a front plate in Texas. My OCD flares up with the plate relocation bracket putting it offcenter

Not sure if I ever officially said it; I’m interested if you get this to a point you are making an order

***pending the trimming detail

I also need to decide if I’m ok just running without a front plate in Texas. My OCD flares up with the plate relocation bracket putting it offcenter
If you are good with only running 2 pods you can keep your factory plate as is! If not you could run without a plate, I did for almost 6 months! Just put the plate in your glove box or back seat!
The trimming is on the intercooler shroud.

If you are good with only running 2 pods you can keep your factory plate as is! If not you could run without a plate, I did for almost 6 months! Just put the plate in your glove box or back seat!
The trimming is on the intercooler shroud.

There are a couple of good options for relocating the front license plate to the pass side front tow hook area. I used the Built Right version. If your state requires a front plate and you don't use it, it gives automatic probable cause (PC) to any law enforcement agency for a traffic stop. On the dash and all of the other creative spots don't count.

There are a couple of good options for relocating the front license plate to the pass side front tow hook area. I used the Built Right version. If your state requires a front plate and you don't use it, it gives automatic probable cause (PC) to any law enforcement agency for a traffic stop. On the dash and all of the other creative spots don't count.
True, it depends how strict they are in your area.

New Topics

Back