MPG’s getting better by the month.

CAMDENN

Reaction score
Current Ride
2016 5.0 Lariat SuperCrew White Platinum 502A
Current Ride #2
2023 5.0 TREMOR Avalanche 402A High Package
All I can say is that I’m impressed and I’m interested in seeing where it’ll plateau.
To be continued……
IMG_9269.png

Last edited:
Highway? What engine?
I’m a little worse with my 5.0 and around 3500miles.

Highway? What engine?
I’m a little worse with my 5.0 and around 3500miles.
Mixture of highway and city.

I also have the 5.0

I have about 12k miles and I’m showing 17.2 with the 3.5 ecoboost…are you running the tires that came with truck or did you change them? Factory tire are fairly aggressive so I thought 17-18mpg was driven by the tires

All I can say is that I’m impressed and I’m interested in seeing where it’ll plateau.
To be continued……
View attachment 27959
I have similar mileage on my 5.0. I have got over 23 mph on the freeway when I kept the speed at or below 70 mph over a 600 mile trip in CA where they have 65 mph speed limit. On other trips my where I was going 80+ my mpg fell to about 19. City mileage is about 16, but I live at 5,000 feet.

Last edited:
I have about 12k miles and I’m showing 17.2 with the 3.5 ecoboost…are you running the tires that came with truck or did you change them? Factory tire are fairly aggressive so I thought 17-18mpg was driven by the tires
Excluding the engine oil and fuel, everything on my TREMOR is 100% stock.

I have similar mileage on my 5.0. I have got over 23 mph on the freeway when I keep the speed at or below 70 mph over a 600 mile trip in CA where they have 65 mph speed limit. On other trips my where I was going 80+ my mpg fell to about 19. City mileage is about 16, but I live at 5,000 feet.
Very nice indeed.
I always use cruise control and I never exceed 55 MPH and yes, I stay in the far right hand lane.

In Chicago area they use summer / winter bland gas. Summer time mileage always goes up 2mpg but cost goes up also. Thank the tree huggers

Very nice indeed.
I always use cruise control and I never exceed 55 MPH and yes, I stay in the far right hand lane.
Cruise control really helps. I think hitting speeds over 75-80 might also keep the cylinder deactivation from happening. 45-55, which I had to keep because CHP was right behind me, and my mpg tape pegged at 30 mpg. It was a straight, flat road between the Sierras and the Coast range in CA. That was on 87 octane, summer blend.

I can only pray I see these numbers some day :LOL:

450 miles getting 16mpg on the 3.5 not even aggresive

We'll see what the long term effects of cylinder deactivation is on the life of the V8, I think that the 5.0 will be fine. But I bet that that's the difference in freeway mpg.

Last edited:
We'll ssee what the long term effects of cylinder deactivation is on the life of the V8, I think that the 5.0 will be fine. But I bet that that's the difference in freeway mpg.
I always forget that I have cylinder deactivation and to be honest, I really don’t feel or notice any difference in the engine compared to the 5.0 in my 2016 Lariat.

Very nice indeed.
Your average speed is 12 mph. You are a patient man.

Mileage should improve a bit as the engine breaks in.

I’m 100% factory. Haven’t done my first oil change yet. Doing 18mpg. More city than highway.

3.5 Eco with 8,900 miles and i have not reset the Trip2 meter since purchase . . . its showing AVG of 16.7 for the life if the vehicle.

On long tips I can avg in the 20-22mpg range

Mon - Fri to and from school drop off, is where the short 20 min dives suck the MPG way down for me.

New Topics

Back