New ICON F150 3inch Suspension

Looks good! Do they work with the headlight bar?
Yes, there is a bracket to buy to add compatibility. I think it’s absurd that I had to spend another $50 to make the $1k ucas comptible. But 🤷‍♂️

More pics of the tube version attached. Very beefy :)

Attachments

• unnamed (7).jpg
    unnamed (7).jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 69
  • unnamed (8).jpg
    unnamed (8).jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 68
Curious if you considered mounting the front reservoir above the strut tower? Would you mind measuring the diameter?

The mount included for the reservoir needs to go on something flat but I don't see why it couldn't go above the strut like the RC does. It's a 2.5" diameter body as well I believe.

Another note during the install - Icon doesn't give you enough grease so make sure you have some more on hand to lube up the bushings while you're installing.

Also the tube version of the UCAs don't need any extra parts for the adaptive headlights

I've been thinking about adding the Icon leaf springs and going to the Tremor specific shocks as well since that is what Icon suggests for those springs.

The Gen2 Raptor forums seem to speak very highly of the springs and I liked the Icon RXT springs I had on my 2017 Tacoma. I have about ~250 lbs constant in the bed of my truck between the RSI smartcap and some misc tools and I currently use RAS springs too. But I'm really hoping that these would sag less than the stock springs when towing and I can get away from the RAS springs just to simplify my suspension set up.

The mount included for the reservoir needs to go on something flat but I don't see why it couldn't go above the strut like the RC does. It's a 2.5" diameter body as well I believe.

Another note during the install - Icon doesn't give you enough grease so make sure you have some more on hand to lube up the bushings while you're installing.

Also the tube version of the UCAs don't need any extra parts for the adaptive headlights
Interesting.. are you saying the ICON kit comes with some sort of mount for the front reservoir?

Interesting.. are you saying the ICON kit comes with some sort of mount for the front reservoir?
Yes it does. It's just a flat piece of steel cut out by Icon that bolts to the frame and then the reservoir attaches to that with hose clamps. I

For those with adaptive headlights you can order a bracket from Icon to work. Short answer, yes.

A note on this. The bracket does seem to put some stress on the adaptive headlight rod connection rod. I can see why most companies don't offer anything for the adaptive headlights now. Mine snapped at some point...didnt realize it was broken and was wondering why my headlights always seemed to need some manual adjustment 🤣. Not sure how I never noticed the rod was broken. Ended up taping it back together and its actually better. Even provides some natural "flex" haha

A note on this. The bracket does seem to put some stress on the adaptive headlight rod connection rod. I can see why most companies don't offer anything for the adaptive headlights now. Mine snapped at some point...didnt realize it was broken and was wondering why my headlights always seemed to need some manual adjustment 🤣. Not sure how I never noticed the rod was broken. Ended up taping it back together and its actually better. Even provides some natural "flex" haha
Where is the rod/module located? I feel my headlights are pointing a little low and want to check.

They have a tech note to relocate the rod mount to the body. If I remember, it's about a 30 degree shift

Yes it does. It's just a flat piece of steel cut out by Icon that bolts to the frame and then the reservoir attaches to that with hose clamps. I
If you do go that route, post the extended and collapsed measurements, please.

Pics of the Tremor specific 2.5 kit. Overall really nice quality, very solid... free 2 day ship.

Attachments

• unnamed (8).jpg
    unnamed (8).jpg
    211 KB · Views: 54
  • unnamed (7).jpg
    unnamed (7).jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 51
  • unnamed (6).jpg
    unnamed (6).jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 50
  • unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 51
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 52
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 56
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 52
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 48
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 51
What was turnaround from "order entered into system" email to shipped?
about a day or so... really nice staff too. Local shop (well known) quoted 1200 to install (with the Icon upper control arms and alignment). Going to seek a few others before pulling the trigger

about a day or so... really nice staff too. Local shop (well known) quoted 1200 to install (with the Icon upper control arms and alignment). Going to seek a few others before pulling the trigger
Are you going for the full 3” lift or are you going for 2.5” (all measurements over stock f150). From some of the other photos people have added when they go above 2.5” the CV boot touches or comes really close to the lower control arm. Perhaps the Icon UCA’s will give you more room?

Are you going for the full 3” lift or are you going for 2.5” (all measurements over stock f150). From some of the other photos people have added when they go above 2.5” the CV boot touches or comes really close to the lower control arm. Perhaps the Icon UCA’s will give you more room?
I'm not too sure yet... and actually need to research what the actual coilovers are set at from Icon. 3" would be ideal, but I don't want the long term effects. Ill share more info as it surfaces.. Im maybe a few weeks out from install and waiting on tires (MIckey Thompson Baja Pro's... or something equivalent in 35's)

Got the front coils installed today!

All measurements to the center of the wheel from the fender.

Stock height = 23”
Lifted height = 26”
Full droop = 28.5” limited by UCA contacting frame

This is with about 1-5/8” threads exposed which is what they came at from icon. I’ll probably lower them by about an inch or so to keep some rake some my truck is sitting perfectly level now with an empty bed with a topper and RAS springsView attachment 24535
Do you know what the actual lift height was from Icons factory settings? Or did you turn them down first? In other words.. where are you measuring 23" and 26" from?

Do you know what the actual lift height was from Icons factory settings? Or did you turn them down first? In other words.. where are you measuring 23" and 26" from?
from the center of the wheel/hub to the edge of the fender in a straight line up. From Icon, he got 3" of lift (23"-26"), turned them down about 5/8" (1" thread showing) and netted about 24.5" (1.5" lift).
Droop will be the same regardless of preload (maybe use limit straps to reduce the UCA banging off of the frame?). 5/8" reduced preload=1.5" is pretty significant. That UCA and LCA pin offset must be reducing the angle noticeably.

@metallikatz3 any thoughts on those rear springs? Asking for a friend.. ;)

from the center of the wheel/hub to the edge of the fender in a straight line up. From Icon, he got 3" of lift (23"-26"), turned them down about 5/8" (1" thread showing) and netted about 24.5" (1.5" lift).
Droop will be the same regardless of preload (maybe use limit straps to reduce the UCA banging off of the frame?). 5/8" reduced preload=1.5" is pretty significant. That UCA and LCA pin offset must be reducing the angle noticeably.

@metallikatz3 any thoughts on those rear springs? Asking for a friend.. ;)

Yup those measurements are correct! I didn't want to go too high with the lift and stress CV angles and I'm still on stock tires so didn't want too big of a wheel gap.

I've done some driving on dirt roads but haven't really maxed out my articulation yet but I haven't noticed the shocks topping out at all and the UCA contacting the frame. My plan though is to put a strip of rubber between the UCA and frame as a cushion. If you do find yourself topping out constantly (ie jumping the truck) then limit straps would be a good investment.

I've just been reading up on the springs still. Raptor guys seem to like them. I'm just debating what will be best for me though. I don't want to use the RAS springs any more when towing, but I'm not convinced the Icon springs even with the heaviest setting will really be enough when towing my trailer (~750 lbs of tongue weight). But the idea of the Icon springs plus Timbren bump stops does seem like a nice simple set-up.

New Topics

Back