Possible new owner of 23 402A

2005bluesti

Reaction score
Current Ride
2024 Tremor
Hi all, I have an opportunity to purchase a 2023 Tremor with the 3.5 in carbonized Gray.

It has the 402a, pano roof, torsen diff, and Ford Blue Cruise 1.0. The truck only has 6k on the clock. We have agreed to 55k private party. Why do I feel like I'd be silly to pass this up? what do you all think?

Sounds like a good deal for both you and seller! Trade in is terrible so he’s getting more and your getting a bargin

I actually ran the car in carvana and was offered 58,800 as a trade.

No fair I want Bluecruise on my '23! But seriously, that's a really good deal!

Sounds like a good deal to me.

You better jump on it before someone else does.

Got my brand new '23 a month or so ago for $63k with ~1,000 miles. Was the GMs ride.. loaded with all the goodies.

Sounds like a steal. I was happy to get my '23 402a for $68k last year.

I just found out it doesn't have a trailer brake controler? Anyone know what gives ?

I just found out it doesn't have a trailer brake controler? Anyone know what gives ?
Brake controller or pro back up assist? The controller can be added very easily for under $300

Aside from adding as a stand-alone option, looks like the optional "Trailer Tow Package" was needed in 2023 to have the Brake Controller, never realized that (see attached). It is a bit odd they picked up the expensive BC package and not Trailer Tow.

For 2021 and 2022, 402A included the "Tow Technology Package" which included the Brake Controller.

As @zimm mentioned, it is a relatively cheap add-on and looks to be the only real addition when adding this package to a 402A in 2023; I wouldn't let this push me away at the deal you're getting if you otherwise like the truck.

Attachments

• 2023 F-150 Order Guide.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
The pro back up assist is there. Here is the window sticker. There has to be more missing when the trailer package is missing

Attachments

• IMG_4805.png
    IMG_4805.png
    433.7 KB · Views: 16
The pro back up assist is there. Here is the window sticker. There has to be more missing when the trailer package is missing
Not necessarily, we still aren't even certain of any difference between Trailer Tow Package and Tow Technology Package in 21/22.

For 23, the 402A Tremor already includes the hitch components, connectors, LED taillight, and Pro Trailer Backup Assist; the only item you gain is the Brake Controller
Picture1.png

Picture2.png

As others have mentioned, it can be added, the part isn’t expensive but, I’m sure you’re going to have to get your or a Ford dealer to program it or you’re going to have to use FORScan to program it yourself.

It’s definitely not as easy to add as it was on the earlier 13th generation F150’s which were 100% plug and play and took maybe 5-10 minutes to install.

I paid $68k in early March and have never been happier.
I too got my 40A for $68k in April… lol

OP that is as good a deal as any and gray is a nice color. A new 2024 is sky high.

I too got my 40A for $68k in April… lol

OP that is as good a deal as any and gray is a nice color. A new 2024 is sky high.
My dealer also had a black on the lot and I agonized for a week over black vs white. I actually had a deposit down on the black. In the end, with Florida heat and rain I decided to go for the white.

New Topics

Back