Price for Icon stage 4 with new method wheels and tires

MA_Mike

Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 F150 402a Tremor
I just got a price for the installation of the: ICON 2021-2023 Ford F-150 Tremor, 2.5-3" Lift, Stage 4 Suspension System, Tubular UCA w/ Leaf Packs

Along with 34 x11.50 in tires on 17" method HD wheels.

They gave me a price of $13,000 with installation and set up. Is this price out of wack, or is inline with what I should be paying.

Thank you for your help

What are the material costs and what are the labor costs? At first glance it's not unreasonable, the suspension is 7k, rims are another 1500-2k, tires another 1000-1500, which puts you at 10k or so without installing and tax. Labor cost might be a little high, depending.

What are the material costs and what are the labor costs? At first glance it's not unreasonable, the suspension is 7k, rims are another 1500-2k, tires another 1000-1500, which puts you at 10k or so without installing and tax. Labor cost might be a little high, depending.
So far they will only give me a quote over the phone, he seems reluctant to provide it in email. The shop seems to know their stuff, and I spent quite a while with the owner on the phone. AT this point, he did not want to send me a copy of the quote. Maybe is show the Icon dealer discount or something.

I wouldn't pay that much for it because all in should be about $8700 so they are making $4300 of labor even giving them $3000 for labor is too much, at most $1800 and that's even a little high in my opinion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240319-173324.png
    Screenshot_20240319-173324.png
    194.8 KB · Views: 52
I
So far they will only give me a quote over the phone, he seems reluctant to provide it in email. The shop seems to know their stuff, and I spent quite a while with the owner on the phone. AT this point, he did not want to send me a copy of the quote. Maybe is show the Icon dealer discount or something.
I mean that's not a business then, that's a guy that installs car parts. I'd go somewhere else just off that. Usual labor rates are around $150-$180/hour and that install is probably 10 hours max including everything.

Will they be installing new TPMS sensors and mounting/balancing the wheels as well? Though seems trivial it will add another couple hundred. Are you asking for four wheels and tires in this price or five?

Will they be installing new TPMS sensors and mounting/balancing the wheels as well? Though seems trivial it will add another couple hundred. Are you asking for four wheels and tires in this price or five?
Even at five new wheels and tires it doesn't add up to that much, they are looking at around $300+ per hour for labor, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Way overpriced. If they won't give you a written estimate, find another shop. It's not like you're getting custom fabrication work, it's bolt on parts. I could do that in my driveway.

For that kind of money, I'd trade into a Raptor and actually have some resale value. Once you drop that kinda of money on a truck, you're only going to see a tiny fraction of that return when you sell it.

Why do you need stage 4? Why not just a nice set of coilovers, control arms, wheel/tire package and be good to go for half that?

Way overpriced. If they won't give you a written estimate, find another shop. It's not like you're getting custom fabrication work, it's bolt on parts. I could do that in my driveway.

For that kind of money, I'd trade into a Raptor and actually have some resale value. Once you drop that kinda of money on a truck, you're only going to see a tiny fraction of that return when you sell it.

Why do you need stage 4? Why not just a nice set of coilovers, control arms, wheel/tire package and be good to go for half that?
Thank you, I wish I had the skill to do this myself. I am going for stage 4 because I plan to keep the truck a long time. The stage 4 can handle the weight from the Roof Top tent and overlanding gear I carry better. I agree, I was uncomfortable with the lack of a written estimate that's why I posted in this group. I love the Raptor but those trucks can't carry as much weight.

Good question, I forgot to ask about the TPMS. Thanks for reminding me.

To be fair, raptors aren't really good for much other than showing off and baja. A stage 4 set on a tremor is a better truck for a majority of the population, it just doesn't say Raptor on it.

To be fair, raptors aren't really good for much other than showing off and baja. A stage 4 set on a tremor is a better truck for a majority of the population, it just doesn't say Raptor on it.
And the Raptor is fat.. I mean wider.

Money spent on a Stage 4 will not put you in the stock Raptor territory, not even close. But a Stage 4 kit would be worth the money for a die hard overlander or someone who likes nice stuff and uses it for its intended purpose. But if you're not going to do that, buy some 6112's that you throw away when they start to leak or go bad and buy new ones. Long term ownership of ICON sucks if you don't have a service center you can leave your truck at for a day or two.

And the Raptor is fat.. I mean wider.
Mirrors are still the farthest thing out for daily driving, actually same distance out as a Tremor. Folded in you're only 3.5" per site, only women notice that much. Most men wish they had 7" or better. :LOL:

I just got a price for the installation of the: ICON 2021-2023 Ford F-150 Tremor, 2.5-3" Lift, Stage 4 Suspension System, Tubular UCA w/ Leaf Packs

Along with 34 x11.50 in tires on 17" method HD wheels.

They gave me a price of $13,000 with installation and set up. Is this price out of wack, or is inline with what I should be paying.

Thank you for your help
I went back to see what I spent on my similar set up. I bought my lift w shock on Black Friday and saved about a $850 to $1k
I spent $4,100 on my 6 BDS lift w Fox performance elite coil overs, with BDS beefy UCA's. " Black friday pricing"
I spent $3,500 on my 35 MT tires w fuel wheels installed
I pre-negotiated labor and paid a shop $1,700 where other shops quoted me $2,600 and $2,800 for labor.
I'm all in at $9,300 but could of easily been $11k.

I just looked up the stage 4 and if its around $4,100 they are taking you to the cleaners at that price, shop around!

I went back to see what I spent on my similar set up. I bought my lift w shock on Black Friday and saved about a $850 to $1k
I spent $4,100 on my 6 BDS lift w Fox performance elite coil overs, with BDS beefy UCA's. " Black friday pricing"
I spent $3,500 on my 35 MT tires w fuel wheels installed
I pre-negotiated labor and paid a shop $1,700 where other shops quoted me $2,600 and $2,800 for labor.
I'm all in at $9,300 but could of easily been $11k.

I just looked up the stage 4 and if its around $4,100 they are taking you to the cleaners at that price, shop around!
Agree it is shady on not wanting to provide a written estimate, I am pretty sure that is required from a shop legally. The pricing for what he wants is $5686, stage 4 tubular UCA with leaf spring. Either way not impressed with Icon's unwillingness to put it all on paper.

13k for icons hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I was looking at the stage 4 too. I've got a camper top which is a Switchback X1. With all my gear in the top I'm probably pushing 650. I also have a hidden winch up front. Leaning towards a kit like icon to beef up the handling of the truck on regular roads. And off-road. I also occasionally tow my 10,000 lb dump trailer. I think the last time I looked it was like 5,400 for the whole kit with Springs and shocks all four corners. If anybody's installed this let me know how they like it or if there's an alternative. Thanks Bill

I am getting it with the Icon wheels and Toto R/T trails tires along with the Icon stage 4 with springs. This is what I learned on my quest to do this. Most places will not install the Icon kit if you walk into the shop with it. They will only install products you purchase through them, you will most likely pay a bit more that what is listed in the Icon site. You will also need to pay extra for any dynamic head brackets and misc supplies required to install. My Icon stage 4 with springs should be in about a month. Once I get it installed, I will let you know

I am getting it with the Icon wheels and Toto R/T trails tires along with the Icon stage 4 with springs. This is what I learned on my quest to do this. Most places will not install the Icon kit if you walk into the shop with it. They will only install products you purchase through them, you will most likely pay a bit more that what is listed in the Icon site. You will also need to pay extra for any dynamic head brackets and misc supplies required to install. My Icon stage 4 with springs should be in about a month. Once I get it installed, I will let you know
Thanks I'll look forward to your review I have a lift at my house so I'll be doing the install myself

Thanks I'll look forward to your review I have a lift at my house so I'll be doing the install myself
I am curious, if you do the installation yourself, how would you do the alignment after everything if put in.

New Topics

Back