Quality 👎🏼

Jodawapolo13

Reaction score
Current Ride
23 f150 tremor
I had my last 2011 f150 for 12 years and it was the best truck I’ve ever owned. Went to the shop one time in that whole 12 years and looked as good as the day I got it when I sold it. I can not say the same for my 23 tremor. The paint job is horrible and chipping everywhere. Trailer brake system already had to be replaced. Now solenoids and rocker arms arm acting up on 2 cylinders and it runs like crap and ford says it all checks out fine. I hope I didn’t end up with a lemon!

pics of the bad paint?

That's crazy talk. I have 12k miles on my 22 and it has been great so far. But then again that's only 12k miles.

pics of the bad paint?
I'll second the opinion on the bad paint, or rather way too thin paint. Couple of factors:

Environmental Regulations: Stricter environmental regulations have prompted manufacturers to explore ways to reduce volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions in automotive paint. Thinner paint helps achieve this objective by reducing the amount of solvent needed during application and drying processes.

Lightweight Design: With an increasing emphasis on fuel efficiency, automakers strive to reduce the weight of vehicles. Thinner paint contributes to overall weight reduction, as every ounce matters in achieving better fuel economy.

Advancements in Paint Technology: Technological advancements have allowed manufacturers to develop paint formulations that provide adequate protection with thinner application. This includes the integration of ceramic components within the paint, enhancing its durability and resistance to various environmental factors.

First thing I did with my 23 AMB was put PPF on the hood, bumper, fenders, headlights, foglights, and mirror caps. Then followed with ceramic coating. I know it's a truck, but for the price I didn't want small chips and scratches what felt like every time I drove the truck, lol

I'll second the opinion on the bad paint, or rather way too thin paint. Couple of factors:

Environmental Regulations: Stricter environmental regulations have prompted manufacturers to explore ways to reduce volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions in automotive paint. Thinner paint helps achieve this objective by reducing the amount of solvent needed during application and drying processes.

Lightweight Design: With an increasing emphasis on fuel efficiency, automakers strive to reduce the weight of vehicles. Thinner paint contributes to overall weight reduction, as every ounce matters in achieving better fuel economy.

Advancements in Paint Technology: Technological advancements have allowed manufacturers to develop paint formulations that provide adequate protection with thinner application. This includes the integration of ceramic components within the paint, enhancing its durability and resistance to various environmental factors.

First thing I did with my 23 AMB was put PPF on the hood, bumper, fenders, headlights, foglights, and mirror caps. Then followed with ceramic coating. I know it's a truck, but for the price I didn't want small chips and scratches what felt like every time I drove the truck, lol
Truck has been chipping since day one. I live in the Central Valley in Cali where there is zero rocks or sand on road. The hood, front bumper and front fenders are all chipped.

Attachments

• IMG_2626.jpeg
    IMG_2626.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2625.jpeg
    IMG_2625.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2624.jpeg
    IMG_2624.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 158
Y'all must drive on the freeway quite a bit.

Central valley has no rocks? Not my experience. Long hauls down highways where people who enjoy off-roading, work farm lands, and commute into illegal marijuana grows frequent. Whether central valley is gravel quarry capital of the world or not, there is a lot of rocks and pebbles on the highways.

FWIW, I drive my 23 10k mile AMB Tremor in North GA backroads and occassionally on the highway, and have had no issues with rock chips. I took one to the windshield on 75 coming back from ATL airport, but the paint is fine. It even shrugged off scratches on the bed sides from a bunch of cut barbed wire that I took to the recycling facility. My 23 was built in April 23, for whatever that is worth.

I toyed around with the idea of PPF and everything, but ultimately decided against it. Truck is running great. Even my LandCruiser 200 and GX460 had problems.

Last edited:
Truck has been chipping since day one. I live in the Central Valley in Cali where there is zero rocks or sand on road. The hood, front bumper and front fenders are all chipped.
Dr. Colorchip works great and will resolve your current chips. Check them out.

I drive a 2022 f350 for work up and down the same roads all day long that has 5 times the miles on it with no paint chips🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't think I have had a vehicle in the last 15 years that did not have paper thin, maybe even bible paper thin paint. I know the EPA makes it hard on them. I have a friend that use to paint cars in California. He said they had days they could paint and days they couldn't to help the state be green and clean. Pretty crazy if a company is rolling out tons of cars and trucks a day. I also think the aluminum body has something to do with it as well. It expands and contracts way more than we think. Just look at your body gaps in the summer vs winter.

Do you have the 5.Slow? If so is it the cylinder deactivation I have heard others complain about?

Yes I have 5.0. There is nothing slow about it when it runs right🤣

I had my last 2011 f150 for 12 years and it was the best truck I’ve ever owned. Went to the shop one time in that whole 12 years and looked as good as the day I got it when I sold it. I can not say the same for my 23 tremor. The paint job is horrible and chipping everywhere. Trailer brake system already had to be replaced. Now solenoids and rocker arms arm acting up on 2 cylinders and it runs like crap and ford says it all checks out fine. I hope I didn’t end up with a lemon!
I am having issues also, they say they cannot find anything. Hesitation, when taking off, rumbling noise when shifting, which is intermittent.

I had rear differential issues, it's been worked on with only 3000 klms (roughly) at the time,2023 model.ihope I don't have troubles anymore, Time will tell.

I am having issues also, they say they cannot find anything. Hesitation, when taking off, rumbling noise when shifting, which is intermittent.
My dealer is waiting on a engineer from ford to tell them what to do next

Just got my truck back after the third time of them looking at it and they found an o2 sensor that was not working correctly ever so often but would not malfunction long enough to trip a code. Seems to be running way smoother and haven’t had any hesitation yet.

New Topics

Back