Tire Suggestions

NoahB

Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 F150 Tremor
Hey guys! Looking for my next set of tires for the Tremor. I’ve been thinking about the Cooper STT pros but I think they will be too loud for my liking. I want a really aggressive Tire but probably need to stick with an AT. Any suggestions for the best looking Tire?

Falken Wildpeak RT01 or the AT4W, the next option I would go with would be the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT.

Agree with @FaKtor34. I have been doing my research and will be going with the Wildpeak4W when my wheels arrive. I will do a quick forum search but does anyone know if a 35x12.5x18 fits in the spare tire area under the truck?

Edit: Based on a couple posts in the forum it seems a 35 inch tire should not be a problem. I would still love to hear some first hand experience in this thread as well.

Last edited:
I was going to get Toyo AT/3. But they're more like a highway tire that's snow peak rated. Had AT/2's in the past and they're nice.

I'm also considering the new Goodyear Duratrac RT/LT tire. It's rated E and 3 snow flake and sized in 295/70R18. Looks like an MT but rides and sounds like an AT.

I've had 3 sets of duratracs in the past and they were awesome in snow, off-road, and quiet on the highway. I had them on a 4runner and 2 different sets of 35's on my Jeep. I only got rid of them because I'm on 37's now and they don't make a 37.

That's what I'm running on my jeep in 37x13.50. I wouldn't want them on the Tremor- I do too much street/highway driving. They're amazing off-road though.

Curious as to why not more mention of the nitto recon in 295/70-18. Especially for those who don’t off road.
It’s the only one in that size that isn’t significantly heavier than stock tires.

Curious as to why not more mention of the nitto recon in 295/70-18. Especially for those who don’t off road.
It’s the only one in that size that isn’t significantly heavier than stock tires.
@KewTremor33 mentioned them at the beginning of the thread actually

You never said why you want or even need a really aggressive tire.

What didn’t you like about the Generals.

Running Recons, about 7k on them and love the tire so far. E rated 295/70/18, dropped me 1mpg, and a smidgen away from takeoff. Seem to wear well, noise is pretty tame for what they are, look fantastic, many have complimented their look on the truck. Only offroad has been dirt roads and fields, so nothing aggressive. Handle well, have hit standing water at various speeds intentionally, and they do better than other AT's I've run (couple sets of KO2, couple sets of Grabbers) and obviously mudders, which I stay away from anymore. Have read many good things about Wildpeak, and Mickey seems to rate well, if difficult to balance. At this point, when comes time to replace, I'll go with a second set of Recons, if maybe 285/75.

You never said why you want or even need a really aggressive tire.

What didn’t you like about the Generals.
I bought mine used and it came with KO2s on it. I’ve never been a fan of them. I never got the chance to drive it with the Grabbers.

I’m a realtor in the North Georgia mountains. I’m all over dirt, mud, and gravel while looking at properties. However, I drive a lot on Hwy as well.

I bought mine used and it came with KO2s on it. I’ve never been a fan of them. I never got the chance to drive it with the Grabbers.

I’m a realtor in the North Georgia mountains. I’m all over dirt, mud, and gravel while looking at properties. However, I drive a lot on Hwy as well.
Ahh okay.

Personally, I think you’d be very happy with the OEM Generals.
This is the first vehicle I’ve ever owned with Generals and so far, I’m very impressed and pleased.

I’m a diehard Michelin man and these AT Generals are just as smooth rinding and quiet as the MS2 Michelins that I have on and came as an OEM tire on my 2016 Lariat.

Not many brands offer the OEM tire size but the ones that don’t, you’ll have to go up a size or two with the OEM wheel.

Ahh okay.

Personally, I think you’d be very happy with the OEM Generals.
This is the first vehicle I’ve ever owned with Generals and so far, I’m very impressed and pleased.

I’m a diehard Michelin man and these AT Generals are just as smooth rinding and quiet as the MS2 Michelins that I have on and came as an OEM tire on my 2016 Lariat.

Not many brands offer the OEM tire size but the ones that don’t, you’ll have to go up a size or two with the OEM wheel.
I’ll check them out!

I thought the OEM Generals were pretty good, until I recently bought a set of Nitto Recons. I went with 295/70/18 size, they are just as quiet on road as the Generals but the ride is much improved. Can't speak to anything off road, definitely happy with the Recons. The bigger size looks good on the truck.

New Topics

Back