Torsen Front Diff

Hesster

Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 F-150 Tremor
Sorry if this has been asked before but I bought A 2022 f150 Tremor a couple weeks ago and have been trying to find out if mine is equipped with limited slip front diff. I have heard that it was an option for the 2022 model., and I have the 402A equipment group but the window sticker doesn't say anything about it. Is there some way to easily identify the type of front differential?

If it’s not on the window sticker, most likely you don’t have it. But you can call a ford dealer parts department with your VIN and ask them they should be able to see that info. If you want to share your VIN I can check it for you through a dealer parts portal I use at work.

It was an option on the 2022 and was listed on my window sticker.
Sticker.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked before but I bought A 2022 f150 Tremor a couple weeks ago and have been trying to find out if mine is equipped with limited slip front diff. I have heard that it was an option for the 2022 model., and I have the 402A equipment group but the window sticker doesn't say anything about it. Is there some way to easily identify the type of front differential?
You can always have one installed but it’ll probably set you back 2-3 times the cost from the factory.

Thank you for all the replies. I called the parts department of my dealership this morning and it is not equipped with the Torsen. I may look into getting one installed later but I haven't gotten to take my rig off road yet so that is to be determined if i need it. Again thank you all for your help.

Reactions: RDJ
My truck has it.. in a few words, can some explain exactly what it does? Pros / Cons?

My truck has it.. in a few words, can some explain exactly what it does? Pros / Cons?
It balances the torque applied to the front wheels - so power is distributed to the wheel with the most traction. Compare this to an open differential where in the case of limited traction one wheel would spin and the other wouldn't have any power.

Torsen option will be listed o the sticket. If not, not installed.

My '23 has it and it is listed on the window sticker.

My only previous experience with a Torsen was on a 2002 Ranger FX4 which came standard with a Torsen rear axle differential. Unfortunately, the vendor Ford bought those axle assemblies from failed to properly heat treat the gears and Ford ended up issuing a recall of all '02 FX4 Rangers sold to that point to replace the entire rear axle assembly.

New Topics

Back