Underhood sticker

Irontom

Reaction score
Current Ride
'22 Tremor
Current Ride #2
'19 F350 6.7
Can anyone post a picture of the underside of their 2022 hood for me? I bought mine Ford Certified used and I'm paranoid that the hood has been replaced. There are no emissions labels or A/C labels under the hood.
The paint all matches but I can tell the hood bolts have been removed. Thanks

Here you go, hope it helps
tempImageKfeYU9.jpg

Thanks. I don't have either sticker so my suspicion is confirmed. I'll contact the dealer and see what they say.

How well painted is the underside ?
Mine is pretty half-assed from the factory. Has white primer but not full coverage of the avalanche top coat. I’ll try to add a pic for reference.

The paint under the hood matches the rest of the engine bay which is strange. Definitely looks factory. I can tell the hood has been removed for adjustment or replacement since the nuts have been wrenched on and you can see where they etched the hinge.
Just can't figure out why the stickers are missing. I'm going to call the dealer and get them to send me the stickers.
Under hood.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe the previous owner didn't like stickers on his truck and removed them?

The paint under the hood matches the rest of the engine bay which is strange. Definitely looks factory. I can tell the hood has been removed for adjustment or replacement since the nuts have been wrenched on and you can see where they etched the hinge.
Just can't figure out why the stickers are missing. I'm going to call the dealer and get them to send me the stickers.
View attachment 26631
Stickers add performance but removal also acts as weight savings.

View attachment 26631
My guess is because I haven't seen any Tremor's painted that clean under the hood is someone had it done, which means they would have removed the stickers to do that, also the may have had the hood hinge ditch lights mounted which would explain the wrenching on the hinges. Just my guess.

Since it was a certified / used vehicle, anything is possible.

Before purchasing it, did you run a CarFax or equivalent search on it?

You can still run one on it to see if in fact it was in some kind of accident or sustained some type of damage.

New Topics

Back