Who are you using for financing?

Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Atlas Blue Tremor
Current Ride #2
2000 F150 Lariat
Who are you all using for financing?

I'm all about getting the best rate/best deal.

I was.hopijg Ford would be running a special promo right now, but no luck.

Thanks!

My 2.2% is through TD banks auto loan department. But that was before the rate hike, your best bet now is likely a credit union or USAA

2.9 through ford
You already got this, on a Tremor?

We've typically always been excluded from Ford financing incentives.

e.g. -
1666788427396.png

EDIT: This specific language is for retail stock, but has been similar for orders; curious if it has changed.

Last edited:
I just got 4.25 for 60 — With a real high credit score :mad: But the cost of these trucks I didnt Finance much at all so 1 point was only $8 less. Credit union. All the big banks are 6.4-6.59

I'm kinda regretting my decision to order using X-plan to "save money". I should have paid over MSRP 11 months ago when rates were still ok.

don't have my truck yet but a local credit union is still offering low rates. I can do 3.49 for 84mo right now.

I'm a commissioned salesperson so I always take a long loan and aim to pay off in ~4yrs. This way I have a lower monthly obligation if times ever get tough and I can throw extra when I'm bringing home the bacon. Everyone budgets in their own way. This way works for me. If you have multiple loans, it also allows you to pay the minimum on your low interest loan while attacking the high interest loan with full force.

I don't finance vehicles but I would definitely recommend checking with your local credit union.

Feds are going to raise rates again in beginning of November, then again in December. increase in November will be anywhere between .5% all the way up to possibly an entire 1% increase again.

Id say search out your current credit unions and lock in a rate now (typically they will lock in a rate for 30 days)

edit: also there are no credit unions in Portland Oregon doing 3.49 for 84 months. Though i did see that rate last month for 60 month loans. You might still be able to get under 4% if you do 60 months but id expect closer to 4.5%. And as i mentioend above, that might become 5% in November.

I don't finance vehicles but I would definitely recommend checking with your local credit union

Bannerman, are you a 1 percent‘r? Normal people have way more options with $70K in their banks than gone in one shot.

Still Don't have my truck but was able to take my build sheet, Vin and signed purchased agreement with my dealer and was able to get 3.49% at 72 months about a month and a half ago (but I am only financing 30 % of the truck and top tier credit) at a local credit union here in MN. I wanted to lock in at as low as possible know the FEDs were going to have to raise interest rates

Bannerman, are you a 1 percent‘r? Normal people have way more options with $70K in their banks than gone in one shot.
Ah, maybe, I haven't looked at the definition lately. But we are very debt adverse. I would never dream of financing a depreciating asset, especially on the cusp of a recession.

Ah, maybe, I haven't looked at the definition lately. But we are very debt adverse. I would never dream of financing a depreciating asset, especially on the cusp of a recession.
Aww come on man, you only live once! lol. I also sit in the same boat, but I think the 22K Im going to finance will make me more money investing than just paying on the truck out right.. Well that's the plan anyway

Aww come on man, you only live once! lol. I also sit in the same boat, but I think the 22K Im going to finance will make me more money investing than just paying on the truck out right.. Well that's the plan anyway
Haha I get it man. I sleep better at night knowing I don't owe anyone anything. Plus the truck drives better when nobody can take it away from you. :ROFLMAO:

Haha I get it man. I sleep better at night knowing I don't owe anyone anything. Plus the truck drives better when nobody can take it away from you. :ROFLMAO:
I don’t usually finance vehicles either. I also keep them for at least 10 years. Kept my last f150 almost 17. With this one, I will if I can get a 3.5 or lower but that looks pretty unlikely.

New Topics

Back