Fog light upgrade comparison

Nickac

Reaction score
Current Ride
2016 F-150
I went hunting last week and the truck did great. I could use some more lighting though. I really like the integrated look and the fog light replacement with bracket (raptor look) by DD and Baja on Stage3mototrsports.com caught my attention. Both have dual lights sae /off-road and both have a low/med/high price point.

Thoughts on which level and which brand?

I wanted to keep the factory fogs….These are DD SS3’s and I made a bracket. There is a guy in the forum sells brackets for a cleaner install. If you don’t need a front plate you can get (5) lights in this spot
The pic is SS3 pro from my garage and lights up house cross the street guessing 100’
IMG_2865.jpeg

IMG_2866.jpeg

I have a solution!! My bracket mounts DD pod lights allowing you to keep your factory drl!
IMG_3394.jpeg
IMG_3663.jpeg
IMG_3664.jpeg
IMG_3658.jpeg
IMG_3519.jpeg
0807CCB7-AF77-4EDC-BBB6-CB4402EE4482.jpeg
326BEBD6-55A8-4BE2-B852-CADC03746DF2.jpeg

For anything on the diode dynamics website you can use code cometcruiser for a discount!

Last edited:
What are your guys thoughts on the Baja Design vs DD for the fog light replacement kit? DD is $799 and BD is $1019

What are your guys thoughts on the Baja Design vs DD for the fog light replacement kit? DD is $799 and BD is $1019
I’d say DD all day, I’m running their kit. I’d buy the bracket then lights separately and run a pro amber fog and pro white fog, then you could switch depending on the weather!
IMG_3711.jpeg

I have a thread somewhere on here about install!

I would also choose Diode Dynamics. I don't see the benefit of the Bajas over the DD for the cost increase. I also prefer the styling of the DD of the bajas, buts that's completely personal preference.

Is there someone (late to the game and trying to read thru it) that has done an upfitter to DD harnessing work for easy install for the grill (lic plate area) cube lights? Probably only running 2 (Oregon Lic Plate requirement) for now. Thanks! - Rob

Baja is over priced, and use antiquated optic technology. I've had both. only my baja's ever leaked and failed.

What engine do you have, 3.5 or 5.0? I think a lot of the owners putting lights in the center bumper area are 5.0 and don't have an intercooler behind it. Why not some Pillar lights if you have the 3.5?

BTW - a bit of PSA. Would be nice if folks put that in their signature or Current Ride info area 3.5 vs. 5.0. but anyway. Carry on.

I have the 5.0 and already have ditch/ pillar lights....want more lights. My other driver is that if i have all those upfitter switches I need to populate them...right? Haaa - Rob

What engine do you have, 3.5 or 5.0? I think a lot of the owners putting lights in the center bumper area are 5.0 and don't have an intercooler behind it. Why not some Pillar lights if you have the 3.5?
Spacewhite has sold his bracket here, other 150 forums and Facebook. Is quality and I've not seen anyone with the 3.5 has report problems

Spacewhite has sold his bracket here, other 150 forums and Facebook. Is quality and I've not seen anyone with the 3.5 has report problems
Thank you! Yes no problems reported in the first order!!

I have a solution!! My bracket mounts DD pod lights allowing you to keep your factory drl! View attachment 29194View attachment 29195View attachment 29196View attachment 29197View attachment 29198View attachment 29199View attachment 29200
For anything on the diode dynamics website you can use code cometcrusier for a discount!
Which DD pod lights are those? And how much is your license plate bracket? I ordered my truck without front plate because they are not required in my state

Thank you @SpaceWhiteF150 !

BTW - a bit of PSA. Would be nice if folks put that in their signature or Current Ride info area 3.5 vs. 5.0. but anyway. Carry on.
I have 3 pod lights in the intercooler area on my 3.5 and no issues

I'm looking at something similar (license plate bracket as my 2024 didn't come with one.. strange) to be able to run 5 lights instead of just 2.

Which DD pod lights are those? And how much is your license plate bracket? I ordered my truck without front plate because they are not required in my state

Thank you @SpaceWhiteF150 !
They are DD SS3 pro fog in factory location, then 3 SS3 sport spots and 2 pro combo in the middle!

License plate bracket is Swarfworks!!

New Topics

Back