Full RCI Skid Plates

jacob.hinkston

Reaction score
Current Ride
'23 401A Avalanche 5.0
Wanted to share this in case anyone was curious about protecting their rigs. I live in Oregon where there are tons of BLM / logging trails that get washed out, medium sized rocks, high-clearance ruts and things of the sort. Our Tremors are big, they aren't meant for a lot of the off-roading that a built gladiator is meant for, the alternative to clearance is protection instead (in the case you ever need to get somewhere you shouldn't be).

I bought 3 skid plates from RCI for my Tremor to finish protecting it. Below is what I bought:
  1. RCI Transmission Skid Plate | 09-Present F-150
  2. Fuel Tank Skid Plate | 15-Present F-150
  3. Rear Differential Skid Plate | 15-Present F-150
The point of this is, sometimes you find yourself in a pickle. I don't plan on mall-crawling with my truck, that is not why I bought it. Go out and have fun, bounce on some stuff. Here are some pictures.

Aside: For the transmission skid plate, you do need a Fumoto valve to do oil changes without making a mess. I do plan on replacing the flimsy front-diff / engine skid plate eventually. I'm trying to get RCI to sell me just the one piece instead of the whole set. The transfer-case skid plate that ford ships with our tremors is actually really good, It doesn't need to be replaced. The approach-skid is alright, I already bashed it up and bent it. Aluminum is not recommended if you buy these, it is lighter but it's 25% as strong as good steel.

Attachments

• IMG_0617.jpeg
    IMG_0617.jpeg
    257.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0629.jpeg
    IMG_0629.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0671.jpeg
    IMG_0671.jpeg
    393.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0673.jpeg
    IMG_0673.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0674.jpeg
    IMG_0674.jpeg
    410.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I inquired with RCI years ago to sell me just the piece you are referring to and they said they would. I want to say they quoted me about $175 for just that piece.

That's an awesome upgrade!

I have the old version talon skids from when there weren't a lot of options for the tremor. After 40k miles on these, I was trying not to be irresponsible and get the full RCI replacement with the differential skid... bumped mine last time on the trail.

You didn't help my wallet.

New Topics

Back