Parking Camera

nappynick

Reaction score
Military
Navy
Current Ride
22 F150 Tremor
So I was in my buddy’s FX4, and when the front sensors went off the front camera popped up in the screen when parking. I was looking an option in the tremor for that to happen, but no luck. Is this a thing on the tremors or feature that doesn’t exists. Thanks in advanced for the help and info.

I believe it’s on the 402a package, but not the 401a package.

Edit: Actually maybe it is on the 401a package. If it has co pilot 360 it should work. I have 402a package and this is my first time having 360 cameras but I will say I feel like that front camera doesn’t come on as early as I’d like it to. I find myself pushing the camera button as I’m pulling into parking spots and stuff.

I will go play around with mine tomorrow, plus I have to go by the dealership so I can ask to poke around one of their other F-150 models to see how it responds.

I believe it’s on the 402a package, but not the 401a package.

Edit: Actually maybe it is on the 401a package. If it has co pilot 360 it should work. I have 402a package and this is my first time having 360 cameras but I will say I feel like that front camera doesn’t come on as early as I’d like it to. I find myself pushing the camera button as I’m pulling into parking spots and stuff.
Sure is handy, mine come on every time I pull in the garage and probably save my bumpers about half the time.

my lowly 2021 402A for some stupid reason didn't come with front parking sensors so i don't have this feature.

BUT, the 401A's did have it..... so irritating....

Pretty sure the front sensors only come if you order the Blue Cruise package. I ordered a new Tremor last Friday but passed on the Blue Cruise. I was going to try and add it back in today after I figured out the front sensors were in that package, but before I could reach out to the dealer I got an email from Ford with a VIN and build date.

So I have do have the 402a and co-pilot 360 2.0 and blue cruise So not sure what one missing.

Pretty sure the front sensors only come if you order the Blue Cruise package. I ordered a new Tremor last Friday but passed on the Blue Cruise. I was going to try and add it back in today after I figured out the front sensors were in that package, but before I could reach out to the dealer I got an email from Ford with a VIN and build date.
I have parking sensors and 360 cameras and ordered mine without Blue Cruise.

I'm curious, I have it all but my camera does not pop on when the front sensor is triggered. Antoine know how to activate? I thought I read it is a Forscn adjustment to activate the feature.

I'm curious, I have it all but my camera does not pop on when the front sensor is triggered. Antoine know how to activate? I thought I read it is a Forscn adjustment to activate the feature.
I didn’t have to activate mine. In fact I have to push the button to deactivate as it’s on by default

Found it.

Screenshot_20230406_210017_Chrome.jpg

I have the front sensors and my camera comes on automatically. I have the 402a package but without blue cruise.

Yep, this is what I changed on my 402A to activate the front camera.

IPMA:

706-16-01 xxxB-xxxx-xxxx old value should be 3. I do have the Parking assist deleted from my build.

Same as Octave. I have a 22 and had parking assist deleted. I activated via FORScan and now it comes on automatically.

My '23 402a without Blue Cruise does this, no Forscan changes needed.

I enabled mine via FORScan as well.

From some discussion on other forums, the programming changes that took this away were an unintended side effect of Active Park Assist removal for Blue Cruise trucks. This would explain why most 402A trucks (e.g., those without BC) still have this feature.

For those that had this from the factory, is there a toggle for the function in any of your menus?

I'm not sure who you are asking haha, but I have a '23 402a no BC and this is the only menu I found (I think). Mine works, I just feel like the camera could come on a bit sooner. I know we are dealing with a mere seconds here, but just my thought. As for everyone else's concern, about not coming on at all, I don't know.

Attachments

• IMG_1376.jpeg
    IMG_1376.jpeg
    323.4 KB · Views: 55
This is the automatic view when I pull in the garage. No BC, no Forscan changes (related to this)

IMG_9538.jpeg

I have a 22' 402a WITH BlueCruise and mine has done this since day one. But I use to have the automatic park brake function on the screen Bannerman is showing. It was next to the menu/hamburger button. You could push it and it would set the parking brake as soon as you put it in park. It still has it in reverse, but gone in drive. I do think it has to get too close to something before it turns the camera on. It could because I am lifted so tall IDK.

FYI the button disappeared when we got full screen CarPlay.

Can confirm the coding on 716 works from 3 to B as listed above. Happy I did it, now to find if it is the same coding in my wife's Aviator

New Topics

Back