Squeaking/Chirping Rotational Noise

Peltch92

Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 Tremor, 2 Inch Ready Lift Level Spacers, 285/75/18
Hello everyone, I’ve had this noise on and off for about 6 months now. It happens from time to time. No real rhyme or reason to it. I can make it stop by driving in reverse for a moment and then it’s gone until the next time. Whenever that may be. I had it at the dealer and they couldn’t replicate it. I don’t blame them, it’s got a mind of its own. Shifting to 4WD doesn’t change it. Neutral rolling doesn’t change it. Engine off doesn’t change it. It will go away if you back up though. I think something is dry and not getting lube and backing up lubricates it again but I’m not sure. I attached a couple videos. I did my best to cut down on wind noise. Just wondered if anyone else has had this happen. Cheers.

I apologize, the videos will not upload. It sounds like a chirp/squeak rotational noise you can hear while driving between 0-50km an hour.

It might be the transmission shifts, I can hear mine shifting (chirping) if I have the windows open and in a parking ramp (garage).

It might be the transmission shifts, I can hear mine shifting (chirping) if I have the windows open and in a parking ramp (garage).
I would think it’s possible but it’s constant when it’s happening. It will not stop until you stop, grab reverse and back up about 10 feet. Then it’s gone until it decides to come back again. Usually in a few days.

I would think it’s possible but it’s constant when it’s happening. It will not stop until you stop, grab reverse and back up about 10 feet. Then it’s gone until it decides to come back again. Usually in a few days.
gotcha, yeah, that's totally different than what I've heard on mine.

New Topics

Back