What are the best coil overs for these trucks?

zimm

Reaction score
Military
Retired Navy
Current Ride
2023 Tremor 3.5EB
Current Ride #2
2015 JKUR
I'm spoiled with suspension and I want my new Tremor to ride awesome and I want to accelerate into speed bumps. I'd like a nice 2.5" coilover, with adjustment clickers, and be corrosion resistant so the road salt doesn't kill them.

I had Icon coilovers in a 4runner- they were fantastic. I did manage to break a coil spring though.
My Jeep is running Kings- sweet looking shocks, but they corrode bad and I can't get much of a great ride being solid axles and short wheelbase
Also looking to Fox 2.5 adjustables
Icon's website says "not for tremor" in the notes.
Made in the USA would be ideal.

Any coilovers for the f150 will work the issue is you won't get the height or the travel, to date so far confirmed are the RC, Halolift, Eibach strut and coil, a fox kit that is adjusted by snap rings, a couple have tried the king's, a few are running the icons. Basically subtract 1" from the height it gives unless it states Tremor. So like the icons will net you around 1.5" of lift. It all depends on what you want as to who you use. If your set on 2.5" then RC, Halolift and the Eibach kit are the only ones I'm aware of to get you there. For your desired height and ride I would suggest either the Eibach or Halolift.

Any coilovers for the f150 will work the issue is you won't get the height or the travel, to date so far confirmed are the RC, Halolift, Eibach strut and coil, a fox kit that is adjusted by snap rings, a couple have tried the king's, a few are running the icons. Basically subtract 1" from the height it gives unless it states Tremor. So like the icons will net you around 1.5" of lift. It all depends on what you want as to who you use. If your set on 2.5" then RC, Halolift and the Eibach kit are the only ones I'm aware of to get you there. For your desired height and ride I would suggest either the Eibach or Halolift.
I should have clarified, I’m good with and inch or a bit more. I meant they are marketed as 2.5 over a stock truck.

Also any issues with the upper control arms? And if they to be aftermarket do they take the ride height sensors the 502a might have for the leveling headlights?

SPC UCA if you want to change they are one of the few that have the spot to attach the sensor, but not necessary to change, they just give a bit more stiffness and clearance over stock.

After watching Tremor Talk's youtube channel, it looks like the Halolift (Elka shocks) are the hot ticket for these trucks. Looks like I'll go that way. Not sure if then SPC UCA's need to be swapped in. I only plan to run a 295 eventually, but the stock tires will be fine for a while. I can crank down the springs to get it just a little over stock. I"m more after better handling and ride quality than trail clearance. I already have a Rubicon for off-roading, this will be the family hauler.

I’m running King 2.5 coilovers and piggy backs on rear. Bought it used with this setup and it had the Baja kit UCA’s which doesn’t have a tab to connect the adjustable arm for headlights which I’m about to have a tab welded on here by next week. The original setup had the coils maxed out for clearance on the 35’s which I believe gave it approx 1.5 to 2” lift. I changed that out with a 1.5 spacer and added back in the travel for dampening. I have the remotes set on soft for hwy ride and I love em. Best shocks I’ve had so far and anxious to get her bombing down the desert trails here in SoCal. More to come…

I’m running King 2.5 coilovers and piggy backs on rear. Bought it used with this setup and it had the Baja kit UCA’s which doesn’t have a tab to connect the adjustable arm for headlights which I’m about to have a tab welded on here by next week. The original setup had the coils maxed out for clearance on the 35’s which I believe gave it approx 1.5 to 2” lift. I changed that out with a 1.5 spacer and added back in the travel for dampening. I have the remotes set on soft for hwy ride and I love em. Best shocks I’ve had so far and anxious to get her bombing down the desert trails here in SoCal. More to come…
Do you get any codes with the sensor unhooked? Do you notice the headlights don’t adjust or do their little dance on start up?

Yea I have the arm zip tied when I got it it wasn’t very tight and it would show the error message at different times. So I secured it better after changing the coil dampening but I want a permanent fix thus welding a tab to mount the sensor.

After watching Tremor Talk's youtube channel, it looks like the Halolift (Elka shocks) are the hot ticket for these trucks. Looks like I'll go that way. Not sure if then SPC UCA's need to be swapped in. I only plan to run a 295 eventually, but the stock tires will be fine for a while. I can crank down the springs to get it just a little over stock. I"m more after better handling and ride quality than trail clearance. I already have a Rubicon for off-roading, this will be the family hauler.
The SPCs will also give your alignment tech a lot more adjustability, also recommend you install the SPC LCA cam nuts.

Yea I have the arm zip tied when I got it it wasn’t very tight and it would show the error message at different times. So I secured it better after changing the coil dampening but I want a permanent fix thus welding a tab to mount the sensor.
Do you remember what the error messages would say? A few people are lookin into doing Raptor swaps or Mid Travel setups. Some vendors are claiming this sensor stops them for doing it. If it's only for headlight level then it could easily be relocated.

Do you remember what the error messages would say? A few people are lookin into doing Raptor swaps or Mid Travel setups. Some vendors are claiming this sensor stops them for doing it. If it's only for headlight level then it could easily be relocated.
One company makes a tab that can be welded on to the UCA for this purpose, I will try to find it again and post it when I get a chance.

The error was something like headlight error check your owners manual. When the arm was loose it was coming on a lot and you had to hit ok. It eventually loosened up again and would come on when I turned left and so on but it never stayed on. I secured it in the middle position and its fine but I know it will come back once it loosens up again which is why I'm going to fix it permanently. Its my understanding the Raptor has these on both sides where as the Tremor is just driver side.

The error was something like headlight error check your owners manual. When the arm was loose it was coming on a lot and you had to hit ok. It eventually loosened up again and would come on when I turned left and so on but it never stayed on. I secured it in the middle position and its fine but I know it will come back once it loosens up again which is why I'm going to fix it permanently. Its my understanding the Raptor has these on both sides where as the Tremor is just driver side.
Thanks for the info, On the Raptor it could be part of the Live Valve shocks.

One company makes a tab that can be welded on to the UCA for this purpose, I will try to find it again and post it when I get a chance.
On a Raptor swap or Mid Travel you have to cut off the factory coil buckets and weld on new ones for the larger shocks.

On a Raptor swap or Mid Travel you have to cut off the factory coil buckets and weld on new ones for the larger shocks.
I believe that is the case...

Yes, I was talking the tab on the UCA itself, I found a company can't remember who that makes it to just add on to any UCA for the adaptive headlights, now if I could just remember where. I am almost certain they made the coil buckets as well.

What would be the best coilover for 1.75" lift? Still Halo or would Fox snap ring work? Looking for better ride quality than having pucks up front. Currently have fox 2.0 resi's in the rear.

You would need one that is threaded most likely as I think the other(snap ring) come in 1/2" increments. I know most do.

New Topics

Back