Admin
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'20 F250 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
'21 Ford Bronco
I'm on the hunt for some new camping chairs. Any suggestions? After watching this video, I was leaning towards trying out the new chairs from 23Zero or Roam:

Roam:
roam-chair_green_x700.jpg

23Zero:
23Zero-Overlanding-camp-chair-springbak-230SPBK500-1500x1500-O-700x700.png

I like the Kijaro dual lock, for a cheapo they hold up pretty nice.

I keep a little crotch chair in my kayak/in the truck for those random times I wish I had a chair. Has a side benefit of making my wife shop faster.

I have had the ARB camp chairs for years and they have held up great, Kinda hard to open and close but will hold a lot of weight. But they don’t look half a nice as the Roam ones. But they are half the price as well.

I really like the Frontrunner small folding chairs for a sturdy portable option. Always keep a couple in the back of the truck during the summer.

I don't know if this would qualify as a camping chair, but it is the most comfortable lounger / chair I have for the outdoors. I have lugged around when camping or just going to the beach. It is on the bulkier side. Not too bad but well worth it for me. They sell them at Costco but I'm sure you can find them elsewhere. The 23Zero and ROAM look like great options too.

Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Lounger.​

The ARB sucks. Hard to open and close, super heavy, and the metals arms are either freezing cold or scorching hot.

For hot weather my favorite chair is the REI mesh back. https://www.rei.com/product/217994/rei-co-op-skyward-chair

The Costco Zero gravity is nice, but huge to pack. I have one for my back porch but it stays home.

another vote for the kijaro dual lock chair (can be purchased on amazon). It's sturdy and actually comfortable. I have a bad back, which required surgery 8 years ago... I cannot sit in the majority of camping chairs but the kijaro is comfortable for me.

Bonus points as the cup holders have 1 size perfect for 12 oz cans/bottles and travel coffee mugs, and the other is oversized for larger water bottles etc. They are large and heavy, so not glamorous overland gear junky worthy, but they are cheap as hell and have served me well for the 3 years I've had them on several trips.

I'm on the hunt for some new camping chairs. Any suggestions? After watching this video, I was leaning towards trying out the new chairs from 23Zero or Roam:
I'm a big fan of the Helinox chairs. I've had 2 for about 2 years and they have held up well. Most of their gear is super lightweight.

Last edited:
I've have my 2 favorite chairs for 10 years or more now.

My only problem is I bought them when I lived in Australia, so I can't easily buy exact replacements. I've only found chairs that are "close", but even with the 2 new ones I bought fall of 2022, I've kept using these.

Some day I'm going to need to take a trip to Australia to just buy some new chairs......

Crossover_10cmx10cm_300ppi_1500px_1400x.jpg

https://caribee.com/products/crossover-folding-camp-chair?variant=32758176055377

I have 4 Frontrunner camp Chairs. One for each member of the family. I bungie them to side of truck bed. Been rocking them for about 5 years now. I haven't really tried much else. they are comfy. just dont get them to much sand in them

So far I am stuck on the Zero Gravity Chairs I found at 2 for $100.00.. Zero problems but they are only 5 months 5 camping trips old!

I ended up picking up two of the ROAM chairs last year and they have been awesome.

New Topics

Back