36 Gallon Fuel Tank Fill Ups

mbushnell

Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2025
Messages
33
Reaction score
31
Location
Colorado
Current Ride
2025 F150 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2003 BMW 325xiT Touring
I just completed a 2300 mile round trip from my home in northern Colorado to Houston, TX.
One issue that I found on this trip was not with the truck (it was fantastic), but with the fuel pumps at gas stations when fueling up, especially with current cost of gasoline and the 36 gallon fuel tank. They tend to shut off at either $75.00 or $125.00, depending on the gas station. I've kept a log in my vehicles with every fill up & maintenance performed since the early 1980's, and this tends to throw off my gas mileage calculations (I don't trust the truck's dashboard display, however the Tremor seems to be closer to actual mileage than my previous vehicles). Granted, it will all average out, but still. A couple of times, when it stopped obviously early, I would get the receipt and restart fueling to finish the fill up and have 2 receipts that I would have to total up for the entire fill up.
For those curious, my overall average for the trip was 20.45 MPG with the 5.0l Coyote engine, doing either 70 or 80 MPH depending on the speed limit.
Just my 2 cents worth...
 
That is damn good fuel mileage. Could you fill us in on your mods, if any?
 
I just completed a 2300 mile round trip from my home in northern Colorado to Houston, TX.
One issue that I found on this trip was not with the truck (it was fantastic), but with the fuel pumps at gas stations when fueling up, especially with current cost of gasoline and the 36 gallon fuel tank. They tend to shut off at either $75.00 or $125.00, depending on the gas station. I've kept a log in my vehicles with every fill up & maintenance performed since the early 1980's, and this tends to throw off my gas mileage calculations (I don't trust the truck's dashboard display, however the Tremor seems to be closer to actual mileage than my previous vehicles). Granted, it will all average out, but still. A couple of times, when it stopped obviously early, I would get the receipt and restart fueling to finish the fill up and have 2 receipts that I would have to total up for the entire fill up.
For those curious, my overall average for the trip was 20.45 MPG with the 5.0l Coyote engine, doing either 70 or 80 MPH depending on the speed limit.
Just my 2 cents worth...

Were you in normal, eco or sport driving mode?
 
That is damn good fuel mileage. Could you fill us in on your mods, if any?
No engine, powertrain, suspension, or wheel/tire mods - completely stock in those areas. This is in a 2025 Tremor w/402A package.
I picked it up new on Tax Day (April 15) last year. Right away after I bought it I had Amp Extreme Power Steps, Retrax MX Tonneau Cover and Bullhide bed liner installed.
 
Back
Top