April '22 order converted to 2023 MY

freshme4t

Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 Tremor 402A
Sorry if this has been posted by other members but I didn't see anything like it after a quick flip through of recent posts. I ordered from Chapman in Horsham in mid April 22 and have had no updates until today. This one specifically mentions I'll be getting a 2023 even though I ordered before 22 orders closed. No worries for me (I'm actually happy with the conversion), just thought I'd share my experience thus far.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-211952.png
    Screenshot_20220810-211952.png
    290.1 KB · Views: 101
Hmmm.. that looks just like my confirmation email from Ford for my 2023 Tremor.

Did you actually receive a confirmation email from Ford initially back in April when you ordered your MY2022 from Chapman?

Kinda seems like dealer forgot to place your order until now if this was your first email update from Ford..

Anyways, I hope you are getting the new 2023 Tremor for the original price in April 👍

Hmmm.. that looks just like my confirmation email from Ford for my 2023 Tremor.

Did you actually receive a confirmation email from Ford initially back in April when you ordered your MY2022 from Chapman?

Kinda seems like dealer forgot to place your order until now if this was your first email update from Ford..

Anyways, I hope you are getting the new 2023 Tremor for the original price in April 👍
I sure did receive a confirmation; right after officially committing to the purchase with my dealer. This email dated 4/22/22.

No word on price. IIRC, Chapman does not honor price protections on their 3% under offer. What do we know about the price increase for 2023? Is it consistent across the different packages? I'm sure it's been discussed here but I don't check in all the time and didn't read anything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-233252~2.png
    Screenshot_20220810-233252~2.png
    467.3 KB · Views: 32
I believe the biggest price increase is that 3.5L is optional upgrade now if you still want that engine, otherwise, you’re getting the 5.0 as that’s the standard. Also, 400A was dropped but since you’re getting 402A, doubt there’s much changes there.

Another thing is not having that price protection.. because I think ford has bumped the price at least couple times since April. Not by much but it adds up.

I’ve heard ford doing price protection on model year conversions, so hopefully you can take advantage of that even if Chapman doesn’t offer it.

I'll bet the dealer forgot to do the ROVP paperwork and your build wasn't selected. I saw a while back that they didn't expect any F-150 carryover into 23. We know how things change though.

I got the same email. Appears my 1/03/22 order was converted or at least resubmitted as a 23. Would have been nice to receive something from Chapman with an explanation rather than just this email.

Last edited:
I believe the biggest price increase is that 3.5L is optional upgrade now if you still want that engine, otherwise, you’re getting the 5.0 as that’s the standard. Also, 400A was dropped but since you’re getting 402A, doubt there’s much changes there.

I could be not understanding how the build sheet works, but according to my build sheet that I just signed for 2023, the 3.5L doesn't have a cost adder associated with it.

Capture.PNG

I could be not understanding how the build sheet works, but according to my build sheet that I just signed for 2023, the 3.5L doesn't have a cost adder associated with it.

View attachment 5924
Oh nice! I wonder if 3.5L is optional engine.. but it's a free upgrade. Pretty cool if that's the case!

I ordered a '23 Tremor with 5.0L because that's the engine I wanted and assumed that 3.5L engine would cost a bit more since that's how it is in every other trim levels :rolleyes:

Great color choice by the way! ;)

Oh nice! I wonder if 3.5L is optional engine.. but it's a free upgrade. Pretty cool if that's the case!

I ordered a '23 Tremor with 5.0L because that's the engine I wanted and assumed that 3.5L engine would cost a bit more since that's how it is in every other trim levels :rolleyes:

Great color choice by the way! ;)

It's weird since the price sheet (or guide, whatever) shows it as a cost adder, but maybe that's just for non-Tremors? Who knows...

I'm usually a vibrant blue kinda guy (current Tacoma is Voodoo Blue and have always loved Grabber Blue), but they pulled all the fun blues for 2023 and I loved the Avalanche color when it showed up on the GT350s, so I'm happy with that choice. Plus it'll bring less attention which isn't a bad thing for such a giant vehicle.

New Topics

Back