Core Industries - Trax Tie Down System

UPDATE June 2023: I DON'T RECOMMEND ALUMINUM RIVETNUTS AND SCREWS.
Mine ended up coming loose. The rivetnuts are not strong enough to clamp against the bed without spinning. If you install them tighter then they break. I just ended up drilling out all of the screws and removing the system.

UPDATE June 2023: I DON'T RECOMMEND ALUMINUM RIVETNUTS AND SCREWS.
Mine ended up coming loose. The rivetnuts are not strong enough to clamp against the bed without spinning. If you install them tighter then they break. I just ended up drilling out all of the screws and removing the system.
Thank for the update. I was going to install my fridge slide yesterday and only found aluminum RivNuts. Maybe I will order some steal ones.

Thank for the update. I was going to install my fridge slide yesterday and only found aluminum RivNuts. Maybe I will order some steal ones.
I thought about going to steel or even through bolting with steel but the dissimilar metals thing just scares me a bit.

I just ordered a set of the transit van cargo d-rings and will probably let that be it.

Got the D-Rings installed and think they will provide all of the tie down options I was looking for with the CoreTrax system. Should have just done this in the first place.

50EAD5AD-AFB0-4B0E-B81E-322CF5555ED5.jpeg

Hello I’m in the process of scraping off the line-x off my bed bolts to install the D-rings and had some questions. Did you keep the regular bolt washer under the D-ring or take them out? Does the direction of D-ring matter? Did you re-use or get new bed bolts and nuts? Mostly going to be used to haul lumber.
2E364676-E200-44A1-83B9-0A8C80C84969.jpeg

I took the washer off (I think) and basically used the ring plate as the washer. The ring/plate will only sit flush in one way since the hinge is set higher on one side vs the other. I reused my bed bolts, just added a little locktite to the threads.

I took the washer off (I think) and basically used the ring plate as the washer. The ring/plate will only sit flush in one way since the hinge is set higher on one side vs the other. I reused my bed bolts, just added a little locktite to the threads.
I was going the say the same thing. I don't remember what order I put the washers but remember it only made sense to put it one way. I reused the bed bolts also but did not locktite them.

I will say these D-rings continue to be super useful. They work great to keep fuel cans from sliding around in the bed after filling them up. Just slide a ratchet strap over the top through the handles and good to go!

New Topics

Back