zimm

Reaction score
Military
Retired Navy
Current Ride
2023 Tremor 3.5EB
Current Ride #2
2015 JKUR
Vantrue gets great reviews, but I'm not keen on having a in cabin camera pointed at me. I'd rather just have a quality camera pointing out the windshield. The Garmin mini 2 has bad resolution according to reviews.

I have the Fitcamx front and rear cameras (Front 4K+ Rear 1080P+ 128G). It takes really good video's. Easy download to your phone or remove the chip and install in your computer. The only thing is it doesn't show your speed on the video's.

Also do a search on the site, it's been brought up before. :)

F150 Fitcamx

Bump on high

Since you do not want an interior camera, Blackvue, they have several models in all price ranges and options.

I’m definitely leaning towards the BV 970 series with front and rear cams and a Blend Mount.

I have the RedTiger F7NP from Amazon. Super easy to install with the hard wire kit. Seems to work well. I also have mine wired to one of the aux switches so I can turn it on/off when I want.

Ordered the Fitcamx front only, thought about it and couldn't see a reason for a rear cam.

I have Blackview in my wife’s Navigator. Thinkware in the Tremor. Both are good. Blackview likely best.

Ok does anyone know where else to get the Fitcamx from other then amazon? I don't trust them anymore.
I ordered before Christmas and it was supposed to be delivered in 2 days, well 2 days go by and no package and no update in tracking etc, just noticed today they're refunding my money with some vaque excuse of it was damaged in shipping.
Thanks for the customer service bezos you dick, lol

Ok does anyone know where else to get the Fitcamx from other then amazon? I don't trust them anymore.
I ordered before Christmas and it was supposed to be delivered in 2 days, well 2 days go by and no package and no update in tracking etc, just noticed today they're refunding my money with some vaque excuse of it was damaged in shipping.
Have you tried the website?
Do they have one?

Interesting. I just ordered the Fitcamx (front and rear) from Amazon on 1/3. Fitcam reached out to me in a message thru Amazon requesting a pic of the backside of my mirror to ensure I ordered the right product before they shipped. Amazon now shows it as shipped with a UPS tracking number, but the tracking only shows a label created at this point with no estimated delivery date, while Amazon shows delivery 1/11-1/22.

Interesting. I just ordered the Fitcamx (front and rear) from Amazon on 1/3. Fitcam reached out to me in a message thru Amazon requesting a pic of the backside of my mirror to ensure I ordered the right product before they shipped. Amazon now shows it as shipped with a UPS tracking number, but the tracking only shows a label created at this point with no estimated delivery date, while Amazon shows delivery 1/11-1/22.
Ya I have a hard time trusting them lately, especially when I've been seeing posts on IG etc abiut employees sleeping and goofing around in the warehouses cause they say they're not busy, um what?
I took a chnace ans ordered a different one which just arrived.

Since Amazon screwed me over on the Fitcamx, I took a chnace and ordered a different one. Did a bunch of research on this last night and it looks good. Has the parking feature and built on gps for time/speed stamping and comes with front and rear cams for less. Only thing I don't like is it doesn't look factory like the fitcam and I need to find a place where it isn't going to stick out and somewhere thr wipers will clean the path infront of the lense.
Anyone else tried or heard of the 70mai?

Attachments

• 20240109_162727.jpg
    20240109_162727.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 21
I ended up with the Viofo 129 139 Pro 2 channel system. Easy to install. Hope I never need it.
IMG_3281.jpeg

Last edited:
I ended up with the Viofo 129 Pro 2 channel system. Easy to install. Hope I never need it.
View attachment 25748
Looks similar to the 70mai, I just wanted something that looks almost factory to avoid theft but now sure if people bother stealing stuff like this.
What's that clear sticker in front of it on the glass?

It came with the "static cling" clear sticker. I can move the sticker if needed but camera is VHB tapped to sticker so that part stays. I need to cut it down a bit, it's too big. I could place it higher, but the USB cable hits the trim. Maybe a 90 degree plug would help.

Last edited:
It came with the "static cling" clear sticker. I can move the sticker if needed but camera is VHB tapped to sticker so that part stays. I need to cut it down a bit, it's too big. I could place it higher, but the USB cable hits the trim. Maybe a 90 degree plug would help.
I just found mine came with the static stickers too but I don't see what the point of them is. It says to apply the static sticker and then stick the camera mount to the static sticker. I can't see that being the best mount as those static stickers don't adhere thay well do they?

I didn't think so either, but it hasn't come off yet. I didn't use the clear sticker on the rear camera. It came with extra VHB tape so if it doesn't work, I can stick it right to the windshield.

I have the same camera (V129 Pro) and have had it mounted with the static sticker for about 6 months now with no problems. I've also had a few older Viofo cameras that just mounted directly to the windshield, so was a bit skeptical about the static sticker as well; ended up being a non-issue.

I probably won't use the static sticker, I just want to know why the reasoning behind it.

I ended up with the Viofo 129 Pro 2 channel system. Easy to install. Hope I never need it.
View attachment 25748
Is this the one you got? It says a129, but it doesn't look like yours.

VIOFO Dual Dash Cam, 2K 1440P 60fps+1080P 30fps Front and Rear Dash Camera with Wi-Fi GPS, Parking Mode, Emergency Recording, Super Capacitor, Motion Detection (A129 Plus Duo) https://a.co/d/coXkKKf

New Topics

Back