Exhaust upgrade on 5.0

Love the stock exhaust on my new 5.0.

I did a muffler delete yesterday i couldn't be happier it sounds amazing
Sounds great but I read up that messing around with the resonator or muffler will cause the truck to lose power as the factory exhaust is already a free flowing exhaust.... Have you notice any lost of power?

Sounds great but I read up that messing around with the resonator or muffler will cause the truck to lose power as the factory exhaust is already a free flowing exhaust.... Have you notice any lost of power?
No power loss at all if the factory muffler was free flowing then the only purpose it had was to muffle the exhaust noise lots of 5.0 owners do a muffler deletes its not expensive and not as loud as you think it would be the muffler delete alone is quiter than a corsa or borla catback exhaust and in my opinion sounds better now if you remove the resonator as well you are straight piped and it sounds hideous haha

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230310_121915_Email.jpg

Did anyone remove their factory exhaust for an aftermarket? I have some Valvetronic mufflers and I wanted to grab someone's factory muffler section (really just want the piping on either side of one).

Whats you thoughts ?
I was curious about the Extreme vs Sport but I think it sound nice but the muffler is less than an inch from the frame crossmember but it doesn't hit or rattle and I sent email to Corsa regarding how close it it and they stated that all in spec.

I was curious about the Extreme vs Sport but I think it sound nice but the muffler is less than an inch from the frame crossmember but it doesn't hit or rattle and I sent email to Corsa regarding how close it it and they stated that all in spec.
Nice im glad you like it 👍👍

it sounds good! How is highway dB level? I think that's the big one. My wife is very anti exhaust lol.

Would you be interested in selling me the piping off the stock muffler? (Want the piping on either side... could hack it off with a sawzall and pop it in a box :))

it sounds good! How is highway dB level? I think that's the big one. My wife is very anti exhaust lol.

Would you be interested in selling me the piping off the stock muffler? (Want the piping on either side... could hack it off with a sawzall and pop it in a box :))
Its actually tame on the highway and I may swap out the muffler and head pipe to the extreme.
Where are you located as I live far north.

New Topics

Back