GA/NC June

hey, maybe i can work this into a trip to NC. been needing to take the wife for a longer stay so we can house/land hunt properly for our eventual move.

i'll try and stay in the loop on the plans.
Come check out the west Knox area, Lenoir City. I moved here about 18 months ago and it’s a nice mix of rural but close to amenities.

Upper Hightower/Charlie’s Creek has been graded to the point where a skilled sedan driver can make it through without a problem. Got stuck behind a mini van on our last venture down that road. Thankfully they let us pass prior to the river crossing. While no longer challenging, it is still a beautiful ride.

Upper Hightower/Charlie’s Creek has been graded to the point where a skilled sedan driver can make it through without a problem. Got stuck behind a mini van on our last venture down that road. Thankfully they let us pass prior to the river crossing. While no longer challenging, it is still a beautiful ride.
Well that sucks LOL. It been a while since I’d been down that trail…..obviously.
There was another trail at the end of Persimmon road too, if I remember right. Any word on that one?
Might just need to take a day trip down and scout/prerun some areas.
Guess we could hit Hurricane Creek just over the NC line.

Yeah Beasley can be a handful for sure.
I was just looking on OnX and saw some trails in the Clayton area I didn’t know about.
As we get closer we can firm up times, and where to meet up. I was thinking the Ingles in Clayton so we can all fill up on fuel and snacks. Plus there is a Chic Fil A across the street for breakfast. But I’m open to whatever would be convenient for everyone.
Yep - Ingles is a nice one and has plenty of room in the parking lot - that's where we usually stop to grab groceries. Warwoman is just down the road from there. Sarah's Creek is a popular trail with some camping spots, water crossings and can be a bit of a challenge in spots. No problem in my JLUR, but the Tremor's size and breakover angle in some of these spots would be a bit different. I forgot to mention, coming from the South around Lake Lanier/Buford, there is a very nice shooting range - Wilson Shoals (in the Wilson Shoals WMA) - that was given a full renovation 2-3 years ago and is now a full 100-yard range - outdoors and has a separate pistol and rifle range, if anyone is interested in that as well. It's around 30 mins north of Buford on the way to Clayton.

Just got back from Clayton this weekend. Trails were in good shape with plenty of views. Some areas would definitely pose a challenge in the Tremor. Majority of the rougher trails GA had to offer have been getting shut down or graded. There's a few good circuits in Dahlonega and Helen with scenic views and water crossings as well.

Just got back from Clayton this weekend. Trails were in good shape with plenty of views. Some areas would definitely pose a challenge in the Tremor. Majority of the rougher trails GA had to offer have been getting shut down or graded. There's a few good circuits in Dahlonega and Helen with scenic views and water crossings as well.
Sounds like you definitely know the best spots to hit. If you want to do a prerun or anything a week or two in advance, let me know and I will see about joining you.

I'm getting hype reading all these responses!

Man, I swear you wait until I'm scheduled to be out of country before you plan your visits.
Have fun and plan a trip to middle TN. Windrock is calling

hey, maybe i can work this into a trip to NC. been needing to take the wife for a longer stay so we can house/land hunt properly for our eventual move.

i'll try and stay in the loop on the plans.
What part of NC are you looking into?

What part of NC are you looking into?
my company just built a new manufacturing facility in Asheville, so I'm moving to the Asheville area at some point.

my company just built a new manufacturing facility in Asheville, so I'm moving to the Asheville area at some point.
Asheville is only about 50 mins from me, once you get up here that puts you about 1:15 from windrock not to mention there's a few trails around Asheville area that are fun.

I lived in Asheville for 7 years (2010-17) and my dad still lives there, it’s a very pretty place and the weather is about perfect.
If you need any help with places to live or anything, let me know. Asheville and it’s surrounding areas are growing extremely fast right now.

New Topics

Back