New wiper motor, recall

Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 F-150 Tremor
Has anyone had the recall completed? They replaced mine yesterday and the motor is super loud! I took it back and they advised that i am the only one to ever mention it to them.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Mine is actually at the dealership right now getting this recall, the steering column harness recall. And hopefully fix the air bag malfunction and reverse brake assist warning lights I get every time I start it or put it into reverse. It went in for all this last October and they are just now getting the parts. I hope its not loud, mine is quiet right now.

They are on there way to me right now to replace it again....I'll let you all know what the outcome is....:confused:

Well, they just replaced it again, and the noise hasn't improved! Love it when they replace a part with the new and improved and it is worse than the original.....

Mine is sitting at the dealership right now for this. Hoping not the same as you but not looking good based on your experience. I’ll let you know.

Well, they just replaced it again, and the noise hasn't improved! Love it when they replace a part with the new and improved and it is worse than the original.....
That sucks, but at least your dealer is trying. My dealership hasn't even pulled my truck into the bay yet and called wanting a description of the truck so they could find it. WTF?, It's not like my truck looks like everyone else's.

Has anyone had the recall completed? They replaced mine yesterday and the motor is super loud! I took it back and they advised that i am the only one to ever mention it to them.

Has anyone else had this issue?
I had my recall performed a while back. The local dealer has a mobile service, and they came out to my house and replaced the wiper motors while my truck was in the garage. I believe this was late fall. We haven't really had any rain since then, so I have not used the wipers much. But I have used used them to clean my windshield multiple times and I haven't noticed any loud noise. I will go test tomorrow, maybe I'm just unobservant.

My dealer hasn't mentioned anything about a recall...

Had mine done 2, maybe 3 weeks ago. Didn't notice any noise other than the normal hum of the motor and wipers on the glass.

I had mine completed a few months back and noticed it's louder also. New and improved I suppose??? I never understood what the recall was for actually.

Happy I'm not included in this recall.

That sucks, but at least your dealer is trying. My dealership hasn't even pulled my truck into the bay yet and called wanting a description of the truck so they could find it. WTF?, It's not like my truck looks like everyone else's.
Haha. LHM?

I messed around with my wipers this morning and no odd or loud noises. I went through my records and see I received the recall letter in January 2023 and had the recall service performed in September 2023. Since your service was more recent, it makes me wonder if it's a problem with a batch of motors that were produced more recently.

I messed around with my wipers this morning and no odd or loud noises. I went through my records and see I received the recall letter in January 2023 and had the recall service performed in September 2023. Since your service was more recent, it makes me wonder if it's a problem with a batch of motors that were produced more recently.
That's what I'm thinking as well....

Haha. LHM?
You know it, the super store on 11400 South. I can't stand these guys, who do you use if you're in Northern Utah? They still have the truck and no word on its status other than they need more time to diagnosis it.

KG in WVC. I have a good relationship with them from sending them all of our fleet service work, so not sure how they are on the retail service side. I personally have never had good luck with LHM. For purchases though I prefer the Young group, just wish they had locations in SLC.

Had mine done a month ago and haven't noticed a difference in sound. Although the right blade rests a bit higher than it used to which sort of anoys me.

I got the motor update done and ran it when I picked up the truck to listen for the noise level. It sounded just as quiet as before. It was raining really bad last night. With the wipers on high the drivers side wiper runs off the windshield and onto the A-piller, what a joke.

Had mine done a month ago and haven't noticed a difference in sound. Although the right blade rests a bit higher than it used to which sort of anoys me.
I had a 21 lariat that had a wiper arm recall. After I got it back I had the thing happen with the pass side wiper sitting higher. I found the driver and passenger arms were switched when the installed them.

New Topics

Back