Outside drivers window scratching

Fozzy

Reaction score
Current Ride
Atlas Blue Tremor
Utah has used a ton of salt this year and my truck has been white more than not. It was hot this weekend, over 40 so I gave it a good wash. I noticed the drivers side window is scratched. Deep enough you can feel them. What would cause this? I have seen cheap window tint scratch in the past, but never the outside like this. I wonder if they would warrantee it? Thanks for any input.

IMG_0189.jpeg

I’ll bet sand is also spread with the salt and there may be bits of that which grind against the glass as it’s raised and lowered.

Mine did that also, I went thru some deep mud hunting and ended up with the same problem

Utah has used a ton of salt this year and my truck has been white more than not. It was hot this weekend, over 40 so I gave it a good wash. I noticed the drivers side window is scratched. Deep enough you can feel them. What would cause this? I have seen cheap window tint scratch in the past, but never the outside like this. I wonder if they would warrantee it? Thanks for any input.

View attachment 16897
They switch to acrylic to save weight? No good tempered glass should do that in a single season. Maybe if the outside felt isn't doing its job?

The kick up of sand from the road will do this. If you roll down your windows a lot in the winter, it pays to clean your windows and felt longer that rubs on the window often. I know that's supposed to stop sand and whatnot from getting down there, but it takes no time to clean.

Seems weird as I have lived in Utah for most my life and over 15 vehicles and never had this happen. Trucks not even a year old. My Superduty is 5 years old and daily driven and not one scratch.

It shouldn't do that regardless, I would skip the dealership and go straight thru Ford.

Did you try Ford for replacement ?
Just noticed mine has same deep scratches on the drivers window. Pretty whack it scratches that easy. We get lots of snow and winter here, lots of sand, but my old F150 never had this issue. Dang it.

I have this too even after pressure washing a small bit of debris was stuck under the felt weather stripping. Wonder if a glass polish can help?

New Topics

Back