dangerdan87
Member
- Joined
- Apr 18, 2024
- Messages
- 39
- Reaction score
- 25
- Location
- Texas
- Military
- USMC
- Current Ride
- 23' F150 Tremor
I have a 23 3.5 Tremor and almost at 105k miles.
4 months ago, I had the AC compressor replaced. Ford dealer forgot to clamp the passenger side turbo tube down which I didnt notice until recently when I was changing spark plugs and cleaning MAP/MAF sensors. Attempted to clean throttle body, but one of the bolts is on there pretty good so I stopped with that. I went to the dealer a few days later and got them to tighten the clamp on the tube. It drove fine the rest of the day.
The next morning on my way to work, I noticed a shudder every few seconds almost like my lane warning was vibrating in 7-9th gear at 1500-1800 RPM, but I was in my lane. I did some more testing and if lock out a gear, its fine, sport mode seems fine, tow haul seems fine. The tachometer does jump slightly when the shudder occurs.
Im dreading a torque converter replacement or even worse, a full transmission replacement.
Ill have to take it in to get looked at, but has anyone else had any issues or had a fix?
4 months ago, I had the AC compressor replaced. Ford dealer forgot to clamp the passenger side turbo tube down which I didnt notice until recently when I was changing spark plugs and cleaning MAP/MAF sensors. Attempted to clean throttle body, but one of the bolts is on there pretty good so I stopped with that. I went to the dealer a few days later and got them to tighten the clamp on the tube. It drove fine the rest of the day.
The next morning on my way to work, I noticed a shudder every few seconds almost like my lane warning was vibrating in 7-9th gear at 1500-1800 RPM, but I was in my lane. I did some more testing and if lock out a gear, its fine, sport mode seems fine, tow haul seems fine. The tachometer does jump slightly when the shudder occurs.
Im dreading a torque converter replacement or even worse, a full transmission replacement.
Ill have to take it in to get looked at, but has anyone else had any issues or had a fix?