Auto Climate Control/Remote Start

JSchmidt

Reaction score
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
2022 Agate Black Metallic
Hello,

I want to turn this option off. I went into the Options->Vehicle->Remote Start->Climate Control->and changed it to whatever the last used option was. However, whenever I use my phone or key fob to remote start it seems to do auto based on the climate. For instance, yesterday on my way home from work I made sure my seat was neutral (no heat or venting) and my steering wheel heat wasnt on. I used my phone to start my truck this morning and when I hopped in my heat was on the wheel and seats. I reverified the setting for remote start and it wasnt set to auto. 🤷‍♂️

Is there another option in the settings im missing?

Check your guest profile and turn all that off as well. On a few items (other post) I have seen and noticed that if the guest profile has heated seats or auto wipe on it will (or will not) do it. The windshield wiper feature is a prime example. Just a shot in the dark. - Rob

Check your guest profile and turn all that off as well. On a few items (other post) I have seen and noticed that if the guest profile has heated seats or auto wipe on it will (or will not) do it. The windshield wiper feature is a prime example. Just a shot in the dark. - Rob
Thanks. Never thought of that. I'll give it a shot today and let you know if that resolves it.

Thanks. Never thought of that. I'll give it a shot today and let you know if that resolves it.
Yeah i could not get my auto wiper feature to operate and someone posted to check the guest profile. Sure enough it was off there and i turned it on, and boom....works just fine. So basically set the guest up exactly like you want it and match your profile to see if that fixes it. Hope this helped. - Rob

Yeah i could not get my auto wiper feature to operate and someone posted to check the guest profile. Sure enough it was off there and i turned it on, and boom....works just fine. So basically set the guest up exactly like you want it and match your profile to see if that fixes it. Hope this helped. - Rob
Welp that didnt work. Unless I am still doing something incorrectly.

I went to settings->personal profiles->then I selected Guest (it enabled this profile). I then went to the remote start setting under vehicle and ensured it was set to last used, not automatic for climate control. I then decided to do this for my wifes profile and then again double checked mine. All were set to last used. I drove home with no heat or vent on the seat and no heat on the steering wheel. Remote started from my phone this morning and when I got in, the heat was on for seats and steering wheel. I have also double checked the setttings in the app to make sure there wasnt something there I was missing.

Welp that didnt work. Unless I am still doing something incorrectly.

I went to settings->personal profiles->then I selected Guest (it enabled this profile). I then went to the remote start setting under vehicle and ensured it was set to last used, not automatic for climate control. I then decided to do this for my wifes profile and then again double checked mine. All were set to last used. I drove home with no heat or vent on the seat and no heat on the steering wheel. Remote started from my phone this morning and when I got in, the heat was on for seats and steering wheel. I have also double checked the setttings in the app to make sure there wasnt something there I was missing.
I wonder if the system thinks that since you remote started it and based on the actual outside temperature, the heating features are automatically turned on.

Have you remote started it when it’s actually warm outside to see if the heating features still come on or do your preset settings come on.

I wonder if the system thinks that since you remote started it and based on the actual outside temperature, the heating features are automatically turned on.

Have you remote started it when it’s actually warm outside to see if the heating features still come on or do your preset settings come on.
We've had a few warmer days already and the ventilation turns on the seats. I just want it to not adjust seat options based on temperature (Auto Climate) and I want it to use the "Last Used" feature.

Does the truck know the phone is your phone and not a guest phone?

New Topics

Back