Concerns: Auto Spring 2” Level Kit

Pics or it didn't happen.
Ha, photo evidence, right?
combined.jpg

FWIW, I lowered the back of truck today by 1.25" and the front subsequently rose by just over 0.25". Which leaves me just under 3" of rake - looks much better.

FWIW, re Yeti/FaKtor thoughts, I lowered the back of truck today by 1.25" and the front subsequently rose by just over 0.25" (which leaves me just under 3" of rake - looks much better).
What modifications did you do to lower the back?

Replaced the stock 2.25" rear blocks with rough country 1" blocks.

I've confirmed that my suspension components are correct. I've bugged Kevin at Auto Spring quite a bit and had a reputable shop look over everything. Alignment has been done and torque specs have been verified. It seems everything is within spec and I'll just have to live with the clearance issues at full droop until I can afford a coilover system and a new UCA. Until then, I'm really happy with the height and current stance of the AS 1.5 inch kit. I am at 40.25 inches up front and 42 inches in the rear (1-3/4" rake). These Tremors have some extra squat in the rear so I like having a little rake to handle my boat and any other load I want to throw at it.

Thanks for all the help everyone (y)
How are you liking the 1.5 auto spring? Any issues with the kit? After doing some research, I think this is the route I would like to go.

Thanks

How are you liking the 1.5 auto spring? Any issues with the kit? After doing some research, I think this is the route I would like to go.

Thanks
I’m happy with it. I’ve got 14k miles on my truck and have 1.5 inches of rake. Just enough to allow for some payload or towing. The control arms definitely touch the coils at full droop (front axle off the ground), but I believe that all of the AS kits do this. I’d still like to install a new coil-over system someday, but the AS 1.5 kit works just fine for now.

I wonder if this is why we’re getting too much lift. I just ran into the same problem. Started with the stage 3 2.3 kit and then ordered the 2.0 thinking it would lower me. Nope it’s the same size as the 2.3 kit.

Attachments

• 23C68A84-CA53-4412-9D2D-07CC440D8489.jpeg
    23C68A84-CA53-4412-9D2D-07CC440D8489.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 114
I wonder if this is why we’re getting too much lift. I just ran into the same problem. Started with the stage 3 2.3 kit and then ordered the 2.0 thinking it would lower me. Nope it’s the same size as the 2.3 kit.
Which is which? I assume from the photos these are both Auto Spring pucks but for comparison purposes of stage 3. 2.3 to AS 2.0 photos would be great.

You can clearly see that the puck on right is the bigger 2.3” regardless of what the boxes say.

The Stage 3 puck is still on my truck. What I meant is why would this new 2” version be so much taller than the one for the previous gen which functions exactly the same? I feel like they’re advertising a 2” part that gives too much lift because the part is too tall.

The Stage 3 puck is still on my truck. What I meant is why would this new 2” version be so much taller than the one for the previous gen which functions exactly the same? I feel like they’re advertising a 2” part that gives too much lift because the part is too tall.
Ok, I thought that was the 2.3. Maybe the previous gen required less lift to achieve a desired height. I would give them a call. What’s the height of each spacer. I think the 2.5” spacer is 1 5/8 and the 2” is 1 3/8.

New Topics

Back