Custom Third Brake Light/Chase light

I received the full size print this week. Spent a couple days acetone wiping it to close the gaps between layer lines so it’s not permeable. Also sanded it a bit prior to painting and sealing. This print didn’t come in as nice as the last one I bought but it’ll do the trick for testing purposes.

I stalling it with my bracket results in great compression of the gasket and initial hose testing doesn’t show signs of any leaking as I had previously seen. So far so good! I’ll keep an eye on it for a little while during our heavy afternoon thunderstorms here in FL but I think it’s a pretty solid design at this point.
IMG_1299.webp

IMG_1300.webp


Next step is to have a few made out of aluminum and get some beta testers.
 
Have you had a chance to play around more with this design?
I’m at the point where my design seems to be final.

I actually just signed an NDA with a possible manufacturer to help me produce them! Hoping to have some positive news in the near future!
 
If i get one i'm gonna need more switches! I'm tapped out on the upfitters
 
@Cblaxx19 Did this ever come to fruition? I'd totally buy this. Even the plastic version looks nice.
So I had a heck of a time getting a metal
Product quoted at a reasonable price.

DD also released their C2 2.0 pods that actually make sealing nicer and they offer a c2r pod. So I redesigned the housing around the C2 and C2R. It’s actually a little cheaper with 3 c2’s rather than 4 c1’s.

I’m still working on some refinement and finding a fabricator.

IMG_3811.webp


IMG_3832.webp


BB5CD267-0F49-4B00-9325-204FC99A1329.webp
 
So I had a heck of a time getting a metal
Product quoted at a reasonable price.

DD also released their C2 2.0 pods that actually make sealing nicer and they offer a c2r pod. So I redesigned the housing around the C2 and C2R. It’s actually a little cheaper with 3 c2’s rather than 4 c1’s.

I’m still working on some refinement and finding a fabricator.

View attachment 48008

View attachment 48009

View attachment 48010
Patiently waiting!
 
Not so patiently waiting! 😜
 
I'll be checking this thread 3x a day just to see of there's an update. 🤞
 
Would love a version of this that fits on a bed rack rail. My third brake lot is blocked by my tent and rack.
 
Back
Top