Gonna pull trigger on 6" lift over next day or 2, help me pick!

Dude, you have big truck envy for sure. Please post videos of your stronger stock truck blasting the whoops at 60 and jumping 10’ in the air with a lawn dart landing. Dropping off a 6’ ledge and bouncing over VW sized rocks. Because I will agree those things I wouldn’t want to do with my lifted truck. If you can’t, please stop telling everyone how much weaker a lifted truck is. Better CV angles, steering geometry, and room for larger tires are a performance benefit. Not to mention if you run a performance coilover and shocks. Pretty funny more than half the Toyota group a few weeks ago all had diff drops and made Moab look easy while the ICON level group were dragging everywhere they went. Why you say, because they have room for bigger tires and their body is higher off the ground. Not a single one of them broke anything or got hung up on their brackets since they are actually higher than the level guys. If its not for you its not for you, but I’m waiting for the videos.
I thought you might have something to say bout that lol, I feel better about my decision and hours of research once again!

According to the shops I spoke to, others that have this set up and BDS it should be a substantial upgrade in both strength and performance. Higher center of gravity is a given but according to my research this should be a solid upgrade.
I was going with the full coilovers with DSC adjusters, kit link below.

Let me know if you think the kit I ordered is still sub par than stock suspension, thanks.
Cool man, as long as you've done the research and know what you are getting in to rock on.

Dude, you have big truck envy for sure. Please post videos of your stronger stock truck blasting the whoops at 60 and jumping 10’ in the air with a lawn dart landing. Dropping off a 6’ ledge and bouncing over VW sized rocks. Because I will agree those things I wouldn’t want to do with my lifted truck. If you can’t, please stop telling everyone how much weaker a lifted truck is. Better CV angles, steering geometry, and room for larger tires are a performance benefit. Not to mention if you run a performance coilover and shocks. Pretty funny more than half the Toyota group a few weeks ago all had diff drops and made Moab look easy while the ICON level group were dragging everywhere they went. Why you say, because they have room for bigger tires and their body is higher off the ground. Not a single one of them broke anything or got hung up on their brackets since they are actually higher than the level guys. If its not for you its not for you, but I’m waiting for the videos.
I'm not going to argue with you about this because there is no changing your mind anyway, but it is funny how anytime someone mentions this you take it as a personal attack. Not even your thread. :ROFLMAO:

I will say, as I have told you before, you should learn the difference between a "diff drop" and a "drop bracket" and use the correct terminology to be taken seriously.

I'm not going to argue with you about this because there is no changing your mind anyway, but it is funny how anytime someone mentions this you take it as a personal attack. Not even your thread. :ROFLMAO:

I will say, as I have told you before, you should learn the difference between a "diff drop" and a "drop bracket" and use the correct terminology to be taken seriously.

”Not even your thread”, but YOU still had to find this one and post how it’s weaker. In every thread you see and it’s the same crap. Are you really this hard core of an off roader? Post the video’s of your truck doing these amazing things you think a lifted truck can’t do? That would change my mind. As far as terminology, google is on my side. Remember it’s not a Toyota.

E83480FD-5E6D-4B90-93D1-9E4FEBC3166D.jpeg

0BFA7143-937B-4B31-8A78-5A8CB42CA6F3.jpeg

A138D6B2-A366-4469-97A8-DB73717BAFAF.jpeg

”Not even your thread”, but YOU still had to find this one and post how it’s weaker. In every thread you see and it’s the same crap. Are you really this hard core of an off roader? Post the video’s of your truck doing these amazing things you think a lifted truck can’t do? That would change my mind. As far as terminology, google is on my side. Remember it’s not a Toyota.

View attachment 14189

View attachment 14190

View attachment 14191
Like I said I'm not here to argue with you. But if you don't understand how adding that bracket creates more leverage and points of failure, you can't be reasoned with anyway.

As far as a video, this should be what you are looking for.

Like I said I'm not here to argue with you. But if you don't understand how adding that bracket creates more leverage and points of failure, you can't be reasoned with anyway.

As far as a video, this should be what you are looking for.
I do understand that, but not to the point to make it unusable off road for 98% of the people and situations. Not so much that you need have a public service announcement every time you see someone wanting to lift their truck. He’s picking one of the best kits money can buy with the best warranty, design and backing in the business. They even pass the FMVSS 126 Standards. He’s not doing a 14” Whiplash kit. That’s why I say put up or shut up. But it looks like you can’t, even though I think I saw your truck in the video. Going to the MTB trail head is just like going to the mall IMO.

BMT, sorry to high jack your thread with a little banterman action. But if lifting your truck is what you want, go for it. I don’t know how hard you beat your truck but I doubt to much or you would have bought a TRX or Raptor. My truck is the complete package of Show, Go and Tow.

I do understand that, but not to the point to make it unusable off road for 98% of the people and situations. Not so much that you need have a public service announcement every time you see someone wanting to lift their truck. He’s picking one of the best kits money can buy with the best warranty, design and backing in the business. They even pass the FMVSS 126 Standards. He’s not doing a 14” Whiplash kit. That’s why I say put up or shut up. But it looks like you can’t, even though I think I saw your truck in the video. Going to the MTB trail head is just like going to the mall IMO.
I think you’re being a little dramatic.

I didn’t say it was unusable. It’s not a PSA. I just asked if he had done research before making this effectively irreversible modification to his very expensive truck. Especially when it will affect resale, automatically disqualifying a lot of buyers.

BMT, sorry to high jack your thread with a little banterman action. But if lifting your truck is what you want, go for it. I don’t know how hard you beat your truck but I doubt to much or you would have bought a TRX or Raptor. My truck is the complete package of Show, Go and Tow.
Its all good, this thread's entertainment value just went up 1000% lol. I know its a proven, quality upgrade and I am excited to do it.

I think you’re being a little dramatic.

I didn’t say it was unusable. It’s not a PSA. I just asked if he had done research before making this effectively irreversible modification to his very expensive truck. Especially when it will affect resale, automatically disqualifying a lot of buyers.
I for one would be more interested in a truck with significant investment upgrades than one without and would most definitely pay more for the more upgraded truck. People tend to take better care of their truck or anything for that matter the more time and $ they invest. I'm not looking to sell and will pass down to my older boy, all is well with the world!

@Fozzy I don't know if you are on Facebag but if so maybe you could hop on the Tremor page and help this poor kid out. He has a BDS lift but no idea about suspension so maybe his shop set something up wrong, I wouldn't think he'd be eat ball joints that fast but as you know I'm no fan of that type lift so I can't really say.

1670354575842.png

@Fozzy I don't know if you are on Facebag but if so maybe you could hop on the Tremor page and help this poor kid out. He has a BDS lift but no idea about suspension so maybe his shop set something up wrong, I wouldn't think he'd be eat ball joints that fast but as you know I'm no fan of that type lift so I can't really say.

View attachment 14456
Ha, love the comment. I personally would never ask Ford to warranty that. More than likely whoever installed it damaged the ball joint or both would be bad. The lift is not the primary killer of ball joints and bushings. It’s the big heavy tires that usually don’t balance to zero. Add the wide negative offset wheels and they just don’t last much more than 20K miles. One reason aftermarket UCA’s are a good investment. Better, stronger, longer lasting ball ends at a better angle.

Ha, love the comment. I personally would never ask Ford to warranty that. More than likely whoever installed it damaged the ball joint or both would be bad. The lift is not the primary killer of ball joints and bushings. It’s the big heavy tires that usually don’t balance to zero. Add the wide negative offset wheels and they just don’t last much more than 20K miles. One reason aftermarket UCA’s are a good investment. Better, stronger, longer lasting ball ends at a better angle.
Yeah quite a bit of offset, another reason to keep stock wheels I guess.

1670360186472.png

View attachment 14456
Any relation to Reuben Feefer risk assesment manager?

New Topics

Back