Has anyone run or seen 285/75/18 on stock wheels?

My unsolicited opinion, anyone considering the 2.5 AS or any 2.5 spacer for that matter should think real hard about spending $200 more and getting new Eibach shocks and lift springs instead.
I’m totally for Eibach, I’ve had their springs on numerous sports cars over the years and they’ve been good and for $400 plus maybe more for install cause I think that’s a more difficult install(could be wrong) I may have gone that route if I’d known. I wonder why it’s 2.7? Why not 2.5 or 3”? Is 2.7 the max the tremor can be lifted and not have issues? I would love a 3 inch (4inch with stock lift) without having to replace a lot. I don’t do much off road (mostly ranch type dirt roads)

No issues with alignment? How’s mileage with those AT 3 285s?
No alignment issues, everything came out in spec.
Maybe 1-2 mpg worse than stock. Although hard to say Bcz I put them on about 5 days after I got the truck so this is all I know hah

I would agree with @MOHunter I'm not a fan at all of pucks and spacers, if I were going with something till later I would go with the RC or the Eibach setup, then if I liked it I would be done, otherwise once someone came out with something better then I would go that route. Having said that I like the fact @Yeti is getting 1.25 out of the icon's and they are adjustable so when you add a winch you can adjust for it.

I’m totally for Eibach, I’ve had their springs on numerous sports cars over the years and they’ve been good and for $400 plus maybe more for install cause I think that’s a more difficult install(could be wrong) I may have gone that route if I’d known. I wonder why it’s 2.7? Why not 2.5 or 3”? Is 2.7 the max the tremor can be lifted and not have issues? I would love a 3 inch (4inch with stock lift) without having to replace a lot. I don’t do much off road (mostly ranch type dirt roads)
It’s 2.7 because they used the standard F150 spring and shock combo and that’s the magic number it landed at.

So their website says 2.7” yet is says must be used with their shocks that are 0-2” lift? That would be almost $400 more, now prob a better ride set up but I’m still confused on the shock and spring combo. And does it give a 2.7” lift?
I quoted your other post before I seen this one so my apologies. 2.7” is the lowest you can set the Eibach spring/shock combo when you run them together. You can get as much as like 3 1/4” out of it but you’ll end up nose high if you do that.

Here’s the truck from a few angles for people wanting to see this size tire on stock wheels n level. For the time being I will be putting on 1.5” wheel spacers. The flush wheel stance is killing me. But it clears the upper control arms with much ease.
Is there a reason why you went with the 285/75R18 instead of the 295/70R18

Is there a reason why you went with the 285/75R18 instead of the 295/70R18
You didn't ask ME, but my preference for the 285/75 over the 295/70 is the 285/75 will be a TALLER tire while just a hair skinnier. (Remember the first number is the width, the second number is the aspect ratio or height of the sidewall expressed as a percentage of the width.) I don't want to start a debate about skinny vs. wide and such - it's mostly personal preference. But most proponents of a skinnier tire will talk about less clearance issues, less rolling resistance, better ice / slick condition traction, and preference for the 'tall skinny' look as opposed to shorter and wider.
285 * 75% = 213.75mm high sidewall
295 * 70% = 206.5mm high sidewall

The 285 has a 7.25mm larger sidewall.

7.25mm sidewall x 2 sidewalls is a 14.5mm height difference (academically) between those sizes with the 285 being taller. 14.5mm is a little over 1/2 an inch. (Take the measurement in millimeters and divide by 25.4.). So, overall, 285/75's may be about a 1/2" taller than 295/70's. Actual measurements of course vary by manufacturer.

The 295 is 10mm wider than the 285. 10/25.4 = 0.39". So a 295 may be about 3/8" wider than a 285.

Sorry...I geeked out on us a little bit there.

I might have missed it in the thread but has anyone put a 285/75 18 on the spare under the truck? If so did it fit back up just fine or is it to big?

You didn't ask ME, but my preference for the 285/75 over the 295/70 is the 285/75 will be a TALLER tire while just a hair skinnier. (Remember the first number is the width, the second number is the aspect ratio or height of the sidewall expressed as a percentage of the width.) I don't want to start a debate about skinny vs. wide and such - it's mostly personal preference. But most proponents of a skinnier tire will talk about less clearance issues, less rolling resistance, better ice / slick condition traction, and preference for the 'tall skinny' look as opposed to shorter and wider.
285 * 75% = 213.75mm high sidewall
295 * 70% = 206.5mm high sidewall

The 285 has a 7.25mm larger sidewall.

7.25mm sidewall x 2 sidewalls is a 14.5mm height difference (academically) between those sizes with the 285 being taller. 14.5mm is a little over 1/2 an inch. (Take the measurement in millimeters and divide by 25.4.). So, overall, 285/75's may be about a 1/2" taller than 295/70's. Actual measurements of course vary by manufacturer.

The 295 is 10mm wider than the 285. 10/25.4 = 0.39". So a 295 may be about 3/8" wider than a 285.

Sorry...I geeked out on us a little bit there.
Here's a visual aid to support the @High_Country analysis.

2022-07-26_9-43-31.jpg

I'm about pull the trigger on a front lift and plan on keeping the stock wheels and adding some bigger tires.
I'm not off-roading the Tremor looking to remove the rake and fill out the wheel wells . I do trailer my 24 foot boat about 6000 Lbs. with trailer. Planning on air bags for the back to avoid towing squat.
Also thinking it would be awesome if I cold get more poke with the stock wheels here too.....thinking 1.5 spacer ?
I want to avoid doing any trimming.

Can anyone tell me if my shopping list will achieve what I'm after here....

Auto Spring 2.5" lift

tires either ?
295/70 or 285/75

spacer 1.5 ?

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Bannerman, you end up sticking with AS 2" on this? Looking to upgrade to 285/75, and wondering what is the least amount of lift I need for zero rub. Would consider 1.5" or even 1", with rear already dropped by 1.25" via blocks. Looking for good stance, with wheel wells tad more full than most prob enjoy, and slight rake retained. Thanks

Bannerman, you end up sticking with AS 2" on this? Looking to upgrade to 285/75, and wondering what is the least amount of lift I need for zero rub. Would consider 1.5" or even 1", with rear already dropped by 1.25" via blocks. Looking for good stance, with wheel wells tad more full than most prob enjoy, and slight rake retained. Thanks
I’ve got the full Halo kit now

Unsolicited opinion here but the Maxxis Razr MT is an outstanding tire. I've had them on my Raptor ever since the OEM BFGs wore out. Started with 315's but now have E-rated 35's. Outstanding performance, minimal road noise, very aggressive look. Highly recommended.
How are the 35s wearing being on the 7.5” wide OEM wheel? Any off-roading?

285/75/18 is what I am throwing on in the next few weeks along with a 2.5” level!

Happy to hear there is no issues with rubbing on stock wheels

View attachment 4411
Wondering how this went. I’m getting a 2” lift at Blackstock Ford in Canada. I’m interested in higher sidewall more than width. Was planning on 295/70r18. But this seems better. Any rubbing issue or otherwise?

if 285/75-18 is mounted to OEM wheel, without suspension mods, will it rub?
if so, where ??

Last edited:
Any straight on front / rear shots of the 285's? I'm thinking of switching but I'm used to 12.5" wide. Pics appreciated thanks

New Topics

Back