Headlight leveling / adjustment needed after truck leveling with 402a package?

BCTremor74

Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 Tremor F150
Wasn't sure whether to post in here or suspension section....but wondering whether headlight leveling needed with upgraded light package with 402a....after getting leveling or lift kit done on truck?

Nope, the dynamic auto magic headlights self level! The world of tomorrow is today!
Awesome, good info. How about re-aligning sensors for auto-breaking, adaptive cruise, etc?

I’ve got a 2” level on mine, haven’t done anything and everything works as advertised. Adaptive cruse, auto breaking, lane centering , glare free headlights etc. I don’t have blue cruse though. There is a member who had his adaptive cruise control full stop fail and rear end the car in front of him but that seems to be the outlier. You can re calibrate the radar with forscan though.

Wasn't sure whether to post in here or suspension section....but wondering whether headlight leveling needed with upgraded light package with 402a....after getting leveling or lift kit done on truck?
I just had ICON guinea pig my 402a with the stage 4 Tremor kit. I was driving to Arizona last weekend and I had about 15 people giving me the high beams so I'm guessing that the auto level did not work on mine. Also the lane keep assist no longer works but the adaptive Cruise does. I'm guessing that is the radar recalibration like mentioned in forscan. The headlight test comes on at start but not sure if it worked. I forgot to mention is the left and right actuation of the headlights still does work properly I guess they called that adaptive headlights. I opened my hood and there was no adjustment screw on the headlights unless it's hidden down a tiny hole I'm going to have to get a flashlight and look down that to see if there's an adjustment screw down there.

Last edited:
I just had ICON guinea pig my 402a with the stage 4 Tremor kit. I was driving to Arizona last weekend and I had about 15 people giving me the high beams so I'm guessing that the auto level did not work on mine. Also the lane keep assist no longer works but the adaptive Cruise does. Another thing is the headlight test no longer comes up when I start the car. I did a reset under settings still no change. Looks like I'm going to have to go to the dealer. One thing I forgot to mention is the left and right actuation of the headlights still does work properly I guess they called that adaptive headlights. I opened my hood and there was no adjustment screw on the headlights unless it's hidden down a tiny hole I'm going to have to get a flashlight and look down that to see if there's an adjustment screw down there.
How much front lift did you get? Wonder why you’ve had problems when others apparently haven’t. Do you have bluecruise?

Please let us know if dealership calibration fixes things, and if so, what they did.

There is an adjustment screw for bringing the main beam up, the light package will still dance on start up and do its funky stuff, but just higher. I found mine were set too low from factory.

Yep. Re aim them.

I’ve got a 2” level on mine, haven’t done anything and everything works as advertised. Adaptive cruse, auto breaking, lane centering , glare free headlights etc. I don’t have blue cruse though. There is a member who had his adaptive cruise control full stop fail and rear end the car in front of him but that seems to be the outlier. You can re calibrate the radar with forscan though.
How can I get the glare free activated? 2023 402a

I don’t think that they’ll auto level with an aftermarket lift or suspension.

If you really think about it, why should it when it’s programmed / adjusted from the factory with the stock / OEM suspension setup.

The arm that controls the auto level is attached to the upper A arm, if you level the front end, the A arms droop same as they would with a loaded bed. The auto level headlights will work with a level kit. I’m sure it puts you lower in the overall travel range though and if you then squat the rear you may run out of headlight travel.

The arm that controls the auto level is attached to the upper A arm, if you level the front end, the A arms droop same as they would with a loaded bed. The auto level headlights will work with a level kit. I’m sure it puts you lower in the overall travel range though and if you then squat the rear you may run out of headlight travel.
Speaking of this. What is the arm on driver side rear? By axle

How much front lift did you get? Wonder why you’ve had problems when others apparently haven’t. Do you have bluecruise?

Please let us know if dealership calibration fixes things, and if so, what they did.
Yes I have the ICON 2.5 - 3.0 SET AT 2.75. Yes I have bluecruise and the 402a and when I start it it does the headlight test where they go left and right and down and up but when I'm driving at night everybody gives me their brights as if I'm glairing them out LOL! Everything works right except for the lane keep assist so I need to go to the dealer to get the radar reset, will keep you posted.

Yes, did a 3 inch ready lift that came with the leveling piece for the light adjustment. All works awesome.

There is an adjustment screw for bringing the main beam up, the light package will still dance on start up and do its funky stuff, but just higher. I found mine were set too low from factory.
Is it a tiny hole in the plastic that takes a long screwdriver? My adjustment screws are not visible like in the manual.

New Topics

Back