Quick-Disconnecting Sway Bar / End Links ?

Yeah, I somehow skipped over the post just above mine. Can everyone interested send them an email? Maybe that will get them going ha
I have emailed them before about making a variant for the F150 and there seemed to be a hint that they maybe in the process. Maybe if we emailed with a list of people who are very interested it might speed up the process.
 
This was their reply to my inquiry;

Thanks for your interest in our products!

We will likely offer airLYNX for the Ford truck platforms in the future, but we do not currently have an ETA. Please stay tuned.

Best,
APEX
 
This was their reply to my inquiry;

Thanks for your interest in our products!

We will likely offer airLYNX for the Ford truck platforms in the future, but we do not currently have an ETA. Please stay tuned.

Best,
APEX
Yeah sounds about right.
 
Does anyone with the budget and time for it want to demo this and test it out?

 
Hey guys. Brand new here and not really familiar with the forum stuff. However while doing research for a customer I came across this post. My name is Tym and I am RedRunner Designs. We specialize in quick disconnect sway bar links! I just put together a set of 14in long adjustable bolt on sway bar links for a F150 tremor. If I can get a few people willing to try some QD links, I can make a small batch. Our disconnect of this style usually runs about $185 for a pair. I should be able to give you all a decent break on that price for testing them. If they dont work, by all means send them back our way for a refund! Let me know what you guys think and check out our stuff! Thanks, - Tym

 
Does anyone with the budget and time for it want to demo this and test it out?

My only concern with these are the noise they will make. I might just shell out the cash for the airLYNX kit for the ranger Raptor once they come back in stock. I am going to reach out to them for some dimensions for the full extension but they look like they would work.
 
Hey guys. Brand new here and not really familiar with the forum stuff. However while doing research for a customer I came across this post. My name is Tym and I am RedRunner Designs. We specialize in quick disconnect sway bar links! I just put together a set of 14in long adjustable bolt on sway bar links for a F150 tremor. If I can get a few people willing to try some QD links, I can make a small batch. Our disconnect of this style usually runs about $185 for a pair. I should be able to give you all a decent break on that price for testing them. If they dont work, by all means send them back our way for a refund! Let me know what you guys think and check out our stuff! Thanks, - Tym

I’d be interested.
 
They make very little noise. Depending on the style, we use some rubber isolators to eliminate rattles. I get that concern a lot with heim joints. I don't know what kind of joints everyone is using, but we use 3 piece FK Bearing heims. No servicing needed and no noise. I've been running them one my own 4Runner for years.

If anyone's interested, shoot us a message on the web.
 

Attachments

  • quick-disconnect-sway-bar-link-07783.webp
    quick-disconnect-sway-bar-link-07783.webp
    48 KB · Views: 22
  • quick-disconnect-sway-bar-link-07810.webp
    quick-disconnect-sway-bar-link-07810.webp
    85.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6993.webp
    IMG_6993.webp
    248.2 KB · Views: 24
  • PXL_20241220_182221337.webp
    PXL_20241220_182221337.webp
    74.3 KB · Views: 20
  • thumbnail_IMG_3980.webp
    thumbnail_IMG_3980.webp
    686.4 KB · Views: 22
Me as well. Message sent on your website.
 
They custom build Suzuki Samurais and jeeps, this is one of their sponsored projects.

If this works and some of you want some, I can try and get them to fab up a few and have them shipped. 🤞

View attachment 37388
I'm down.
 
Thank you guys, you should have all received an email asking for photos and specs!
This is what i have so far.
Bar- 12in
Min length 13.74in
Max Length 16in
Bolt daim 12mm
Thread Length 1 3/8 usable
 

Attachments

  • processed-05156683-3CFD-4F82-8077-A7C3F770DF99.webp
    processed-05156683-3CFD-4F82-8077-A7C3F770DF99.webp
    590 KB · Views: 14
My wife hates driving my truck / being a passenger because I deleted my front swaybar (so much fun offroad).

Need these badly.
 
@RedRunnerDesigns

Were you planning on selling these as a kit of 2x? How do you plan to solve the issue whereby both sides are disconnected and the swaybar is now not being supported at all, allowing it to sag and collide with suspension components and potentially the ground?

One disconnect (one link) is usually enough. A sway bar only generates resistance when it’s twisted between two fixed reaction points. If you disconnect one endlink, the bar is now only connected to the frame (via its bushings) and to the other side’s suspension. When that connected wheel moves, it just spins the bar freely in its frame bushings — there’s nothing on the far end to react against, so no torsional resistance builds up. Net effect: neither wheel gets meaningfully restricted, even though only one endlink is disconnected.

Edit: @RedRunnerDesigns PM me for an idea.
 
Last edited:
@RedRunnerDesigns

Were you planning on selling these as a kit of 2x? How do you plan to solve the issue whereby both sides are disconnected and the swaybar is now not being supported at all, allowing it to sag and collide with suspension components and potentially the ground?

One disconnect (one link) is usually enough. A sway bar only generates resistance when it’s twisted between two fixed reaction points. If you disconnect one endlink, the bar is now only connected to the frame (via its bushings) and to the other side’s suspension. When that connected wheel moves, it just spins the bar freely in its frame bushings — there’s nothing on the far end to react against, so no torsional resistance builds up. Net effect: neither wheel gets meaningfully restricted, even though only one endlink is disconnected.
These are sold as a pair (2 Links). I am unfamiliar with these tremors as far as how the sway bar rotates and may contact anything. That is very dependent per vehicle. On our 3rd gen 4runner, if you have good sway bar bushings, the bar stays up and out of the way completely. front and rear. On some newer 4runner models, you do have to tie up the sway bar to the frame or shock mount. We also have a universal frame mount that was developed for Tacoma's that may work for the front bars.

We recommend only disconnect one bar if it is a contact issue. As you state perfectly, you really only need one link off to be disconnected.
 
Back
Top