A brief word on 2.5" Leveling Kits & CV Angles.

Soooooo, take away is that we should be installing Halo Lift front coilovers spun all the way out to net a gain of approximately 1.5" over stock on the Tremor. Good to know. I'm going to go this route when my Tremor arrives.

Soooooo, take away is that we should be installing Halo Lift front coilovers spun all the way out to net a gain of approximately 1.5" over stock on the Tremor. Good to know. I'm going to go this route when my Tremor arrives.
Yes sir. When in doubt, blindly follow my lead.

Keep in mind: The ProComp 2-1/2 kit uses both a small spacer above the strut/coilover, and a spacer that installs above the spring itself. The spring spacer is installed by disassembling the strut and compressing the spring. The result of this spacer is a stiffer spring that lifts the truck, but the strut still maintains its total length at full droop. When combining this with the smaller spacer above the strut, you gain the 2-1/2 lift, but don’t allow for the more severe CV angles at full droop that are seen when just using the 2-1/2 upper spacer like the one from AS.

I like the idea of the ProComp setup, but I still went with the 1-1/2 AS kit in an effort to maintain the factory ride quality and a little bit of rake for towing.
Thanks, for explaining that. I went back and double checked ProComps website and still showed that it fits. They sent one of the guys on here a response that it will not fit. Maybe he was looking at another kit…thanks again

Halolift, Fox Snap Ring or M1 rough country(they adjust down with a snap ring)

To think when I was a kid, people were spending money to raise the back end of vehicles to look the way the Tremor does. On top of worrying about potential problems with a front lift, it would likely also make the truck too tall to fit in my garage.

Thanks for this post. I'll be watching it and the responses while I wait for my truck. Quick side question, can you share where you got your monochrome tremor bed decals?
From a vendor on here, @VIPAutoAccessories , unfortunately FoMoCo cracked down on them for some reason and they are no longer available. You may be able to find something on Etsy though.

Can confirm boots look distressed with rough country lift.

I got them with the intent of them being a temp stopgap while a big name developed something for us but that still hasn't materialized. Sucks may have to go back to stock and just install those lowering blocks for the rear to deal with the rake

Can confirm boots look distressed with rough country lift.

I got them with the intent of them being a temp stopgap while a big name developed something for us but that still hasn't materialized. Sucks may have to go back to stock and just install those lowering blocks for the rear to deal with the rake
Not considering Halo Lift? If you are close to Charlotte you're welcome to check mine out, see how you like the ride.

Not considering Halo Lift? If you are close to Charlotte you're welcome to check mine out, see how you like the ride.
Do they have matching rear shocks yet? I'm willing to take your word on ride quality I am just really hoping to find a kit that includes shocks with truly compatible measurements and valving tuned to complement the front.

If not I will prob look into UCAs but don't know anything about them as a mod yet

Do they have matching rear shocks yet? I'm willing to take your word on ride quality I am just really hoping to find a kit that includes shocks with truly compatible measurements and valving tuned to complement the front.

If not I will prob look into UCAs but don't know anything about them as a mod yet
Yes they sell matched front and rears. I think you can get them in 2.0 or 2.5" now too, but I think the 2.0 is fine for anyone not out West.

I don't understand your comment on the UCAs? New UCAs are used to correct alignment and steering geometry after lifting, they don't provide any lift.

Keep in mind: The ProComp 2-1/2 kit uses both a small spacer above the strut/coilover, and a spacer that installs above the spring itself. The spring spacer is installed by disassembling the strut and compressing the spring. The result of this spacer is a stiffer spring that lifts the truck, but the strut still maintains its total length at full droop. When combining this with the smaller spacer above the strut, you gain the 2-1/2 lift, but don’t allow for the more severe CV angles at full droop that are seen when just using the 2-1/2 upper spacer like the one from AS.

I like the idea of the ProComp setup, but I still went with the 1-1/2 AS kit in an effort to maintain the factory ride quality and a little bit of rake for towing.

I used the pro-comp kit on my '21 Tremor, but I no longer have a picture of the CVs after the installation. I don't recall thinking it was problematic though. Keeping in mind that I won't use the Tremor for severe off-road duty, I think the pro-comp setup is still acceptable. Does anyone have a picture of the CV angles and boots after the 62206 installation?

Based on the idea that we should have no more than a 3" lift above a stock F150, the pro-comp 62206 should still hold to this principle. The Tremor is lifted 1" above a standard F150, and the spring spacer lifts the truck an additional 2" for the recommended max of 3". The extra 1/2" provided by this kit is a spacer that goes above the strut and helps the truck appear to be 'more' level. Here's a picture of my '21 with the pro-comp kit. Again, I don't have pictures of the suspension though...

My plan is to use this same kit on my '23 when it arrives. However, if I am way off base here, please chime in.

Tremor.jpg

That Pro Comp one is different from the one above.

That Pro Comp one is different from the one above.
Does not matter how the truck is lifted. It can be a $10K race shock or a block of wood. The angles will be the same if lifted the same height. Unless you use a diff drop or longer A-arms and axles. Usable travel and performance will change, but not CV angle.

F5F9182F-6779-4353-9CD4-970CBD9C2EC8.jpeg

What's the stock rear block height? Say I want 1.75" to 2" of lift upfront and want about 1" of rake total what rear block should I go with?

New Topics

Back